Champions League 2010/2011

Started by sammymaguire, August 26, 2010, 06:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Group Stage

Group A: Inter Milan, Werder Bremen, TOTTENHAM, FC Twente

Group B: Lyon, Benfica, Schalke, Hapoel Tel Aviv

Group C: MANCHESTER UNITED, Valencia, RANGERS, Bursaspor.

Group D: FC Barcelona, Panathinaikos, FC Copenhagen, Rubin Kazan

Group E: Bayern Munich, AS Roma, FC Basel, CFR Cluj

Group F: CHELSEA, Marseille, Spartak Moscow, MSK Zilina

Group G: AC Milan, Real Madrid, Ajax, Auxerre

Group H: ARSENAL, Shakhtar Donetsk, SC Braga, FK Partisan

THIS YEAR'S WINNNERS: REAL MADRID
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Lady GAA GAA

After signing that homeless dude, I can't see anyone getting in the way of Manchester United for this year's competition. They even rested him from their reserve derby the other night so he didn't get injured ahead of the group stages.

paco

Arsenal look to have the toughest group out of all the English teams, don't know much about Partizan but the other 2 will be 2 very tough away trips. Reckon Spurs will have enough to qualify. My Money will be on Barca this year, a return to Wembley where they won their first title almost 20 years ago.

ross4life

Difficult Group for Spurs, Arsenal/Chelsea have to be pleased with that type of Draw, Tricky for united but would be a shock if they didn't at least finish 2nd in that group

They might as well have given Barca a bye & whoever beats them in the knock out stages will win the Cup
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 26, 2010, 06:03:49 PM
Group Stage

Why have you put some teams in Cap Locks?

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: The Worker on August 26, 2010, 06:21:06 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on August 26, 2010, 06:03:49 PM
Group Stage

Why have you put some teams in Cap Locks?

If you can't work it out you should probably pull out your life at the plug.

the colonel

That Ruben Kazan team beat barca at the nou camp last year. A decent team for fourth seed. Spurs have toughest draw of the enlish teams
the difference between success and failure is energy

The Real Laoislad

Anyone else hear Sneijder when he drew Spurs out of the pot..."That's a nice group"
Don't think he or Inter Milan are too worried about facing the best of White Hart Lane..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

paco

Was anyone else as surprised as me that Milito won best forward?

gallsman

Quote from: paco on August 26, 2010, 07:10:17 PM

Awards are always likely to go to the winning club and I thought Milito had an absolutely outstanding player. Personally I'd like to see Cambiasso receive some attention for once as he's a truly underrated player.

Messi and Robben would have been in with a shout, Sneijder obviously too but I don't think there can be too many complaints about the eventual winner.

Hoof Hearted

yes, not to mention overall player of the tournament !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

tyroneboi

Inter Milan will be a different proposition this year than they were last year under Mourinho. Spurs will hopefully pick up 6 points at home and then pick up an away win at Twente possibly. It will be very tough but doable. The other 3 will have an easy enough passage into the knockout stages.

paco

Quote from: gallsman on August 26, 2010, 08:22:52 PM

Awards are always likely to go to the winning club and I thought Milito had an absolutely outstanding player. Personally I'd like to see Cambiasso receive some attention for once as he's a truly underrated player.

Messi and Robben would have been in with a shout, Sneijder obviously too but I don't think there can be too many complaints about the eventual winner.

I know what you mean, but all four awards? Messi should have been given the award for his performance against Arsenal at the Nou Camp alone. Milito was fairly consistent throughout but I can't remember any standout performances where he was the best player on the pitch.

sammymaguire

Worker.... That was straight off the BBC Sport website. Can you see the relevance off the caps now after a good night's sleep? Mourinho to win the title for the third time at three different clubs and two years in a row with two different clubs
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

EagleLord

Has anyone done that before? Won it with three different clubs? Has there been many managers to win it three times at all? :-\