AI Football Final 2010: An Corcaigh vs An Dún

Started by under the bar, August 23, 2010, 02:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

cairan mc keever showes him a clean pair of heels..

here we go :D :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Jinxy on September 19, 2010, 05:52:16 PM
There's lads here, that if they were beside Clarke while he bought a pint of milk in the shop, they'd say to the shop keeper "Did you see the way he handed over the money there and waited patiently for his change? Like he had all the time in the world. Pure class."
You are being a WUM.  Clarke is just pure class no matter what he does.  The rest of the Down team don't measure up.  Maybe that's what happened them today?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

haze

Quote from: Jinxy on September 19, 2010, 05:52:16 PM
Quote from: haze on September 19, 2010, 05:42:54 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 19, 2010, 05:27:31 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on September 19, 2010, 05:12:06 PM
Clarke is some player, Down will be back next year

Quote from: ardchieftain on September 19, 2010, 05:21:03 PM
Really enjoyed that game. Glad Cork showed their true colours in the 2nd half. Marty Clarke is some player though, he will be a legend.

Had little impact today I thought.

Seriously i cant believe it- he has little or no influence on the game today and people are still harping on. Though hopefully Clarke will be back in the next few years and becomes on the great centre forwards.

Murphy coming on at half time made a significant difference.

There's lads here, that if they were beside Clarke while he bought a pint of milk in the shop, they'd say to the shop keeper "Did you see the way he handed over the money there and waited patiently for his change? Like he had all the time in the world. Pure class."

At one stage, Canning goes "O Leary can't get near Clarke"... yet from what i was watching at that exact moment he had too hands on him!

Kerrigan's point in the second half was one of the great scores in an All Ireland final. The determination alone reminded me of Doohers score in 2008

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: lawnseed on September 19, 2010, 05:55:13 PM
cairan mc keever showes him a clean pair of heels..

here we go :D :D
Finnian Mo marked him in the Div 2 final and kept him scoreless from play and virtually anonymous in terms of other moves he tried
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

Never mind Clarke, why wasn't Coulter playing today?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

DuffleKing

Thought clarke was very poor today (with a poor marker on him), and no better than ordinary on any other day i saw him - including the semi and quarter finals. hughes is much better and his fading in the second half was the key loss for down. that and taking off mc cumiskey (wtf?)

mountainboii

What was the craic with the Down management rowing over Rafferty's substitution? Was there much to this or were the RTE lads full of shit?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: AFS on September 19, 2010, 06:05:00 PM
What was the craic with the Down management rowing over Rafferty's substitution? Was there much to this or were the RTE lads full of shit?
Not sure, they flashed to conflict between wee James and Down's background team and as soon as they showed it they cut from it

lawnseed

to be honest down were there on a wing and a prayer, cork are great athletes but not great footballers. for the second time the boys in white coats could have seriously changed the outcome of the premier tournament. had down equalised or even won the rebels could have pointed to a clear penalty- denied.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Aaron Boone

Down seniors didn't win any trophy this year.

Farrandeelin

Funny type of game. Down were cruising up until the half-hour mark, then cork got a few scores and then went on and brought on the subs in the 2nd half and won the game. Anyway, why were John Clarke and McComiskey taken off? Very disappointed in Coulter, Marty Clarke was brilliant in the first half when things were going well for Down, in the 2nd half he seemed to fade too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

fearglasmor

Well one Cork, deserved win. Plenty of football ability as well as athletic ability.

I have great regard for Down too, made everything around the final a great occasion,  unlike some other counties they have a bit of class about them.

INDIANA

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 19, 2010, 06:02:38 PM
Thought clarke was very poor today (with a poor marker on him), and no better than ordinary on any other day i saw him - including the semi and quarter finals. hughes is much better and his fading in the second half was the key loss for down. that and taking off mc cumiskey (wtf?)

Totally uncalled for. He has a very good first half. the simple fact is your half forward line cannot function without at least 40 percent posession won at midfield. very little ball broke- most of it was clean catching which beggars belief in my opinion in the modern game.

ardmhachaabu