Ulster Colleges 2010-2011

Started by duvet dave, August 18, 2010, 09:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldhacker

The way St Colman's kept possession in injury time was hugely impressive and Mooney was the man. Hopefully, he willl come back after a couple of years at Collingwood and go straight into the Down senior team.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

fitzroyalty

Great win for St Colman's. Very evenly matched game. Mooney was unreal, without him they wouldn't be the team they are. Ref seemed to let a lot of cynical tugging and pulling go which suited Dungannon. Hard luck to them as they seemed a bit more clinical with their shooting.

Quote from: hardstation on March 17, 2011, 02:39:33 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on March 17, 2011, 02:37:28 PM
Is the rugby on next??  ;D
Yes should be a good game between Campbell and Inst. The Old Classic.
Incidentally there is a GAA man playing for Campbell in the rugby final.

John Martin

Well done St. Colmans.

Mooney is gonna be a big loss to Down football in years to come.

Brick Tamlin

Well dont to St Colmans on addiing another McCrory title to their list.
And to think, The Abbey owned the ball against these guys in the Quarter-Final and still couldnt put them away.

You just cant beat class. The aristocracy march on. ;)

Orior

I thought I'd seen everything, but no.

A Campbell College supporter had a black and white union jack on the pitch at Ravenhill.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Any craic

See St Patrick's Day in Armagh in 60 seconds - Caolan Mooney, Cardinal Sean Brady & Ray Morgan - http://bit.ly/h6gfmY

NP 76

Great result for the college fair play to all the lads and especially Cathal and Declan Mooney big loss to Down football but Jack Haughey agood prospect even if he is shamrocks ha ha . Maybe i am wrong but was the last man to play Mc Crory cup at 4th year for the College was Greg Blaney .

Aerlik

Dermot McNicholl played for Maghera in 3rd year, and I think his  cousin (and mine ;)) Declan played in 4th., but I may be wrong
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

NP 76

Mc Nicholl some player remember him playing against the college with wee james also playing

supersub

Quote from: fitzroyalty on March 17, 2011, 03:05:12 PM
Great win for St Colman's. Very evenly matched game. Mooney was unreal, without him they wouldn't be the team they are. Ref seemed to let a lot of cynical tugging and pulling go which suited Dungannon. Hard luck to them as they seemed a bit more clinical with their shooting.

Quote from: hardstation on March 17, 2011, 02:39:33 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on March 17, 2011, 02:37:28 PM
Is the rugby on next??  ;D
Yes should be a good game between Campbell and Inst. The Old Classic.
Incidentally there is a GAA man playing for Campbell in the rugby final.

Thought their shooting was poor to be fair. No 15 missed some amount!

lenny

Quote from: NP 76 on March 17, 2011, 06:10:19 PM
Mc Nicholl some player remember him playing against the college with wee james also playing

You sure about that. McNicholl left maghera in 1984 and wee James left Colmans in 1989. James would therefore have been a 2nd year playing MacRory.

The Worker

Fair play st colmans, i thought the FB CHB, no 8 and mooney were stand out performers!

NP 76

You sure about that. McNicholl left maghera in 1984 and wee James left Colmans in 1989. James would therefore have been a 2nd year playing MacRory.
your right lenny had a few to many today thanks

Banana Man

i hear there was a riot after the game today, any word?