Lunches

Started by The Real Laoislad, August 18, 2010, 08:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 19, 2010, 08:20:19 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 19, 2010, 12:23:06 AM
Quote from: Wee Shea on August 18, 2010, 11:16:19 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 18, 2010, 10:37:35 PM
Grilled a few sausages tonight and made sandwiches with them for lunch tomorrow,I don't mind eating them cold so will be a change from ham

I have done that before with sausages and bacon, it is good.

I am spending a fortune at work these days getting out of this bakery/bistro near work which is expensive enough (Palomo for all the Lurgan posters, they will know).

If I don't get breakfast (most mornings) I would get french toast with sausages and bacon out of it. Add in a bottle of Fanta and that is £6.75, no joke.

Then for lunch I get a sandwich (£3.45), Fanta (£1) and a bun (£0.90).

So some days that is £12 odds. Other days it is at least £6ish if I don't get the breakfast as I will go to the shop to get crisps or something to tide me over.

Thinking about this while I type is making me wanna get back into making lunches, that is ridiculous money to be spending.

You must be earning serious money to be eating that a day before dinner time! That is a serious amount of grub.

When I go to the effort of making myself a sandwich - I bring a yogurt too - and I can barely get the yogurt finished - and I am a hungry hewer - where do you get room for a bun?
You struggle to finish a yogurt and a sandwich - are you a 4 year old girl?  :-\
he's in the US so it's probably a 6 foot sub.

lolafrola

Have you lads got no imagination.

Ham sandwhich
Ham & Cheese Sandwhich
Cooked Chicken from Tesco's (£2.99) to make Chicken Sandwhich and bring the leg of Chicken with you for a Brucie Bonus
Wheaten bread and a banana
Bacon & or Sauceage sandwhich
Flask of soup and some bread or wheaten
Soda or Wheaten farl with a fill from any of the above (throw in a bit of bacon too)
Tesco's sell small Tortilla wraps with a selection of fillings for £1.99

I could think of more but haven't time. All of the above comes with apple, yogurt, pear, orange and an other
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

flog the lot

the obrien's chicken tikka or chicken + stuffing sandwich fillers from dunnes are hard to beat
add in some chese and crusty brown rolls for a tasty lunch

or add in some chilli sauce to the plain ham and cheese sandwich for a bit more tatse..

Croí na hÉireann

Hate making sandwiches unless it's for there and then. Worked a summer in the fields in Holland years ago, we started off making sandwiches with ham, cheese, tomatoes & onion the night before, that quickly moved on to making them as we were heading out the door in the morning and at the end of the summer were we sitting in the back of a Renault 5 at 11 o'clock with a loaf of bread, a tub of butter, some jam and a knife...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

southdown

New Pizza Hut open accross from me, one of the collection only shops, lunch time offer of a 9 inch plain pizza for £1.99, couldn't beat it with a big stick.

Wee Shea

Quote from: lurganblue on August 19, 2010, 12:14:42 AM
Shea Palomo is a rip off. If you insist on eating out why not get a sandwich from subway next door, the cookery nook or that one in north street.

Subway is the biggest rip off about. For a footlong, crisps and a drink its about £6.50 or £7. It isn't even that nice!

Puck - I am not in the vicinity of making serious money! I am pretty good at wasting serious money. I don't have that many outgoings and just waste the rest.

I think if you have microwave facilities the best thing to do is make extra for your dinner then take it in with ya the next day. Pasta, soup, stew, lasagne - all great the next day.

spuds

EUROSPAR, HARTSTOWN, DUBH LINN

Walker prawns cocktail crisp €0.60
Litre milk €1.27
Gov. bag levy €0.22
Large tae €2.20
Portion curly chips €1.65
Salad roll €4.04
Banana *2 €0.64
Apple €0.49
Muffin wild blueberry €1.99

TOTAL.        €13.10
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

southdown

Jeez spuds, looking at your avator there................................i could eat some of that

5 Sams

Quote from: southdown on August 19, 2010, 02:53:22 PM
Jeez spuds, looking at your avator there................................i could eat some of that

Dead right....imagine being between those two baps!!! :o
The Aristocrat Years

DoireGael

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 19, 2010, 02:55:27 PM

'Livin the dream!'  :o  ;D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: DoireGael on August 19, 2010, 03:24:47 PM

With a bit of mayonnaise on them for licking....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Quote from: spuds on August 19, 2010, 01:48:04 PM

Litre milk €1.27
Gov. bag levy €0.22
Large tae €2.20
Salad roll €4.04
Banana *2 €0.64
Apple €0.49

TOTAL.        €13.10

Thats what you eat for lunch? Or even during the work day?

Jesus.

Tony - 'Baloney' just a regular turkey, cheese, coleslaw, jalapeno sandwich on wheat bread. Not a monster 6inch sub.

When I buy a sandwich out though - it is a 1 footer!

spuds

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 19, 2010, 04:22:54 PM
Quote from: DoireGael on August 19, 2010, 03:24:47 PM

With a bit of mayonnaise on them for licking....
She does be always on about my lunchbox......mine and Linford Christie's !  :-X
John Hubbard

spuds

Quote from: Puckoon on August 19, 2010, 04:34:30 PM
Quote from: spuds on August 19, 2010, 01:48:04 PM

Litre milk €1.27
Gov. bag levy €0.22
Large tae €2.20
Salad roll €4.04
Banana *2 €0.64
Apple €0.49

TOTAL.        €13.10

Thats what you eat for lunch? Or even during the work day?

Jesus.

Tony - 'Baloney' just a regular turkey, cheese, coleslaw, jalapeno sandwich on wheat bread. Not a monster 6inch sub.

When I buy a sandwich out though - it is a 1 footer!
That does me till dinnertime, might leave the bananas till the morrow for between breakfast and lunch.
John Hubbard

omagh_gael

Just experimented with a new sambo combination that went down well...Corned beef, nice slice of mature cheddar cheese and a dollop of Mayo on brown bread. Yum yum.