Thanks for the memories Ryan

Started by DirtyDozen12, August 12, 2010, 06:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

Word coming from his close friends is that Ryan 'Ricey' McMenamin willl call time on his intercounty career at the Tyrone meeting next Monday night.

Think we should all take the time and go through Ricey's best moments.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 12, 2010, 06:21:36 PM
Word coming from his close friends is that Ryan 'Ricey' McMenamin willl call time on his intercounty career at the Tyrone meeting next Monday night.

If it's true don't you think you should at least do him the honour of letting him announce it himself, instead of this tawdry attempt at a scoop on the basis of nothing more than hearsay (allegedly)?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

cadhlancian

Strabane Man! While I enjoy nearly all your posts, as a fellow Tyrone man lets not get carrried away here! This is not that big of a deal, or for that fact , not a great suprise either. He is only trying to get a few tributes going, and also possibly a little reading for us Tyronies ;D ( this board just isnt the smae for me when we aint in it anymore) ::)
Good player , great heart and sometimes overstepped the mark, but TBH would never have been the same player without that. Owes Tyrone very little.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Fair enough cadhlancian, if he's right, I'll join him in thanking one of our greatest ever servants. But by jasus if he's wrong, I'll redden that feckin' arse of his with my boot!  ;) :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

DuffleKing

Tyrone have meetings about player retirements?

ziggysego

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 12, 2010, 11:45:06 PM

Tyrone have meetings about player retirements?

Probably just a formality first. Letting the players, management and backroom team know first.
Testing Accessibility

spuds

wont be missed by anyone other than the Tyrone faithful
have relations in Tyrone and have no axe to grind with them
opening a thread on him will expose him to the wrath of his previous indiscretions and these indiscretions dont entitle him to any rose tinted farewell from gaa followers outside of Tyrone
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

stephenite

Great player who was a critical cog in Tyrones recent success, wish Mayo had a player like him. He rarely, if ever (?) took a step back. I have an image of him during one of the international rules games with his hand gripping one of the Aussie boys shirts who also had a grip of his - Ricey was not letting go until his opponent let go first.

This thread will undoubtedly descend into a what about the John Toal incident, he was a player who played close to the edge and sometimes went over it - every team needs a villain, and like I said I wished he was ours, can pay no greater compliment.

Denn Forever

He is not a old a Dooher so he has a few more years left.

If ye are finished with him, can we have him?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mackers

Quote from: stephenite on August 13, 2010, 03:17:36 AM
Great player who was a critical cog in Tyrones recent success, wish Mayo had a player like him. He rarely, if ever (?) took a step back. I have an image of him during one of the international rules games with his hand gripping one of the Aussie boys shirts who also had a grip of his - Ricey was not letting go until his opponent let go first.

This thread will undoubtedly descend into a what about the John Toal incident, he was a player who played close to the edge and sometimes went over it - every team needs a villain, and like I said I wished he was ours, can pay no greater compliment.
Unlikely...........we'll have to wait for Stephen O'Neill's retirement for that one........
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Rois

Quote from: mackers on August 13, 2010, 02:19:57 PM

Unlikely...........we'll have to wait for Stephen O'Neill's retirement for that one........

Sure we've already had Stevie's retirement threads

mackers

Quote from: Rois on August 13, 2010, 03:00:24 PM

Very true............will he retire again this year?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

rosnarun

Quote from: mackers on August 13, 2010, 03:29:52 PM
Quote from: Rois on August 13, 2010, 03:00:24 PM

how much did it take to get him back this year?
Football knees these kinds of Characters
Very true............will he retire again this year?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

clarshack

is it not time to forget about SON as well. he's just too injury prone these days and he seems a very slow healer.