Banty - Should I stay or Should I go?

Started by Orangemac, August 11, 2010, 11:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 29, 2010, 07:44:08 PM
Although to say he'd only go for a job to be in the papers is another sly dig - again appearing as an attempt to undermine credibility.

Its not a sly dig - its the truth. Hes a journalists wet dream. Its got nothing to do with his credibility either - does that mean that you would see a manager who never talks to the papers as more credible than a manager who does? Interesting point of view - to follow on surely it means you dont see Banty as a credible manager??

I was merely pointing out the fact that banty will long be linked with jobs going everywhere, because its a story for the journos to write about, and hes a more than willing subject.

Maguire01

Quote from: haranguerer on September 30, 2010, 08:35:35 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on September 29, 2010, 07:44:08 PM
Although to say he'd only go for a job to be in the papers is another sly dig - again appearing as an attempt to undermine credibility.

Its not a sly dig - its the truth. Hes a journalists wet dream. Its got nothing to do with his credibility either - does that mean that you would see a manager who never talks to the papers as more credible than a manager who does? Interesting point of view - to follow on surely it means you dont see Banty as a credible manager??
Now you're just twisting my words.

There is no link between a manager's ability or credibility and their willingness to engage with the press. My point was that you were implying that Banty's principal motivation to be manager was the press coverage; that's an attack on his credibility surely?

Maguire01

So it's looking like Eamonn McEnaney might land the job...
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=136359

Those who pushed Banty out could well live to regret it. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I can't get excited about this.

DuffleKing

Pretty pathetic Ben to go to those lengths to try to out a poster who at the very least contributes regularly to discusssion on the board - unlike yourself.

I have no idea who JMohan is - nor do i care - but if you disagree with him on something it's normal practice round here to contstruct a counter argument. Given that you haven't and you've chosen this thread as your battle ground, i guess the less than fullsome adoration of all things banty doesn't sit well with you?

play the ball and not the man.

DuffleKing

There is a very good reason by the way why Banty won't get the Meath Job - and most other jobs for that matter. He will have to go through an interview process.

JMohan

::)

Ha ha! Yes. You have me Ben. oh no!!!! I've been outed. I'm off now to train some rugby and soccer players in between posting here.
I bet the missus wishes I was!  ;D

As Ballyhaiseman says I sincerely doubt a full time professional coach has time to write here on threads on every county from Mayo to Armagh, Tyrone, donegal and Kerry, but thanks for the compliment.