Little help?

Started by Travis T O Justice, February 16, 2007, 01:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis T O Justice

Anyone know the best way to get to Cusack park in Mullingar coming from Dublin?
"If it was easy any monkey could do it....go get me a monkey Barry".

Croí na hÉireann

Take the turn off from the bypass that's signposted Delvin (N52) and head left for the town. Keep going straight past a very large hospital on your right hand side (St. Lomans) and continue straight until you come to a set of lights on a bridge with a Maxol station on your right. Turn right here and continue down the road through one set of lights (at ZuBar pub). At the next junction turn right into Super Valu (beside Texas) and park there. Walk out of the car park at the opposite entrance to the one you came in through and Cusack park is on your left.

Alternatively take the exit after the Delvin exit (signposted Castlepollard) and head for the town. Go left at the two roundabouts and park in Dunnes at Harbour Place. Walk straight through the shopping center and Cusack Park is on your left.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Mack the finger

What time's the cross game kick off on Sunday>

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lecale2

That's a handy map. Are there others for differnet venues?

ONeill

Windsor Park to the bottom right, labelled 'football ground' I'd love to know what that was/is. The Celtic park on the left is the old Belfast Celtic grounds. Now Park Centre I think.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

There was a GAA supporters handbook, from the Sunday World or somewhere. However this had errors placing Casement Park down near the Royal Victoria, perhaps confusing it with something on O'Neill's map. There is scope for a website/book with this information and sponsored by pubs etc in the locality who want to direct you to their eating facilities and so on.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

never kickt a ball

Quotelabelled 'football ground' I'd love to know what that was/is.

I think the Westlink runs near that patch of land now?? There is a primary school beside that area and maybe the football ground was attached to it at that time. The last time I was there there was a smallish all-weather pitch behind the school which local children used as well as the school. 

Square Ball

ONeill

how old is that map? I can see my old house on it, was that other Football ground Distiillerys old ground?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

Could be Distillery's old Grosvenor ground is correct.

No idea of date though I'd guess between 1930-1950?

Square Ball

Where did you get this? would love to see more of it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Over the Bar

That football ground is Distillery's old ground.  A lot of Belfast Celtic fans went on to support distillery after BC left the league, then went on to support Cliftonville whenever the re-housing of inner-Belfast took place in the 60s.

ONeill

This is a fabulous thread - http://ourweecountry.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=16231&st=135

That page in question deals with that map (and a few of the subsequent pages), but it's worth trawling through all pages from the start.