8 Paddy Keenan Louth
9 Aidan Walsh Cork
10 Daniel Hughes Down
11 Martin Clarke Down
12 Johnny Doyle Kildare
13 Colm Cooper Kerry
14. Bernard Brogan Dublin
15. Benny Coulter Down

A few surprises on that team i guess the bookies got it wrong!

Wasn't expecting any All star for us but Cooper,Coulter instead of D Shine D Goulding D O'Connor? & Charlie Harrison instead of R O'Carroll? (he wasn't even Sligo best defender this year)

Anyways Congrats to the winners
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Peter Solan the Great

Why did Harrison get one? a bit of pandering i think. They beat two average teams in Connacht, bottle the final to Roscommon and then get hammered by Down. Very surprising. If anyone fron the Sligo team was going to get an allstar it would be Mayo man Alan Costelloe.

ross4life

Costello was one of the surprise obmission from the nominations & bookies odds beforehand said connacht's best chance of an All-Star would be Harrison.. so they got that spot on
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

imtommygunn

Canty should have been nowhere near one and I wouldn't be too convinced on Harrison or Kissane either. Personally I thought Kissane was the weak link in the Cork defense.

Cooper, while everyone crumbled round him, was superb against Down. He was also, if I recall correctly, very good against cork both days so I think merits one. I really never believed Goulding deserved one. I think Canty got one for the vote of giving cork one more.

A wee bit disappointed not to see John Galvin getting one.

Donnellys Hollow

I'd have no qualms whatsoever with the six forwards picked. No Cork player deserved to get in there tbf.

I'd have had Galvin in midfield and I'm not sure at all about the half-back line - Kevin McKernan and Éamonn Callaghan had better years than Canty.

Well done to Peter Kelly and particularly Johnny Doyle on a long overdue award.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Mid Down Gael

Canty getting one is a joke. Kevin McKernan was outstanding for Down and was much more accomplished than each member selected in the half back line. He has been disgracefully left out. How Charlie Harrison and Peter Kelly where selected ahead of Rory OCarroll is also poor judgement.
I thought Daniel Goulding deserved an allstar while Paddy Kelly, Emmett Bolton, and Michael Darragh McAuley where unlucky not to win awards.
Nice to see Benny Coulter getting an all star after ten years of pure brilliance for Down alongside Danny Hughes, Marty Clarke and Brendan McVeigh.

haze

Raging i didn't back Benny coulter at 8/1 when PP announced the prices! Pleasantly surprised cork didn't manage to get a spot in the forwards though I'd imagine Goulding will feel very aggrieved. Serious full forward line.
Delighted for John Doyle

INDIANA

Complete joke and has no credibility left.

Cant believe Mc Mahon didnt get one.

Canty had no business being nominated never mind getting one.

As good as he was in the final. Aiden Walsh shouldnt have got one either.

Cant believe John Galvin didnt get one

Keenan deserves his though.

Dubh driocht

While we could argue a few points, from a Down perspective 4 is about right.Might not have been the 4 I would have picked but the panel have spoken.
Delighted for Benny Coulter- shame on the RTE team of the year panel.

ross4life

Quote from: Dubh driocht on October 13, 2010, 07:15:51 PM
While we could argue a few points, from a Down perspective 4 is about right.Might not have been the 4 I would have picked but the panel have spoken.
Delighted for Benny Coulter- shame on the RTE team of the year panel.

That has me thinking how many they got right?

A Quirke Cork

P Kelly Kldare
M Shields Cork
P McMahon Dublin

P Kissane Cork
K McKernan Down
E Bolton Kildare

P Keenan Louth
M D McAuley Dublin

D Hughes Down
M Clarke
P Kelly Cork

D Goulding Cork
B Brogan Dublin
C Cooper Kerry

Not bad i guess  :-\

southsidejohnny

What is it about Kildare that gets All Stars on a quiet year? They got three in 1997 for winning one match and losing a Leinster semi final. Journalists are like politicians, they throw things out to gain access and influence, Harrison of Sligo an All Star and Galvan from Limerick not? Its a joke. But it was long ago most people saw them for what they were. David Heaney from Mayo was outstanding all season in 2004 and had a poor final. Canty was injured all this season and had a good twenty minutes in the final and gets one, was it because he was Corks captain?. All Stars...more like All S****. How can Canty get one and Nicholas Murphy not get one? How come Donie Shine who's team actually won something in Connacht this year as opposed to a shower who were blinded by their own wind and letters from important people like TDs ! ,didnt get one?

sammymaguire

Philly Jordan  ::) :-\ not for me
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

imtommygunn

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 13, 2010, 08:31:46 PM
Philly Jordan  ::) :-\ not for me

Jordan best WHB in the country this year. Can't think of anyone better.

ziggysego

Great for Phillip Jordan. Shone this year for Tyrone and delighted he has been rewarded for it.
Testing Accessibility

DuffleKing

I couldn't work out how jordan got nominated never mind getting one