2010 All Stars

Started by 5 Sams, August 03, 2010, 04:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Bearno player of the year...

MC too much hype not enough substance for my liking, Down needed a leader today and he couldn't find a way out of Noel O'Learys pocket..

All-Stars should have a good spread this year...Donnacha O'Connor, Sheilds and Aidan Walsh nailed theirs today, Cadogan and O'Leary made big cases as well...
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

If Aidan Walsh learns how to kick the ball over the winter he'll be some player next year.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on September 19, 2010, 05:24:14 PM
If Aidan Walsh learns how to kick the ball over the winter he'll be some player next year.

How old is he btw?
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

He's only 19/20 I think.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Onion Bag

I think danny Hughes nailed an all star after today, never stopped trying
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

haze

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 19, 2010, 05:46:37 PM

He should be a cert but he could lose out. In my opinion Down's most effective forward this year.

tyroneboi

Quote from: haze on September 19, 2010, 05:55:08 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on September 19, 2010, 05:46:37 PM

He should be a cert but he could lose out. In my opinion Down's most effective forward this year.

Could lose out to who? He was definitely a contender for man of the match today.
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 19, 2010, 05:23:18 PM
Bearno player of the year...

MC too much hype not enough substance for my liking, Down needed a leader today and he couldn't find a way out of Noel O'Learys pocket..

All-Stars should have a good spread this year...Donnacha O'Connor, Sheilds and Aidan Walsh nailed theirs today, Cadogan and O'Leary made big cases as well...

Really, Cadogan? Couldnt see it at all. That was his first ever championship start for Cork and wasnt overly impressive in his substitute appearances against Kerry.

ross4life

The 2010 GAA Football All Stars nominees are: goalkeepers - Alan Quirke (Cork), Brendan McVeigh (Down), Pascal McConnell (Tyrone)

full-backs - Michael Shields (Cork), Rory O'Carroll (Dublin), Peter Kelly (Kildare), Charlie Harrison (Sligo), Philip McMahon (Dublin), Justin McMahon (Tyrone), Dan Gordon (Down), John O'Brien (Louth), Marc Ó Sé (Kerry)

half-backs - Paudie Kissane (Cork), Kevin McKernan (Down), Philip Jordan (Tyrone), Emmet Bolton (Kildare),
Tomás Ó Sé (Kerry), Graham Canty (Cork), Noel O'Leary (Cork), Joe McMahon (Tyrone), Eamon Callaghan (Kildare)

midfielders - Aidan Walsh (Cork), Paddy Keenan (Louth), Michael D Macauley (Dublin), John Galvin (Limerick), Kalum King (Down), Nicholas Murphy (Cork)

half-forwards - Paddy Kelly (Cork), Daniel Hughes (Down), Graham Reilly (Meath), Martin Clarke (Down), Joe Sheridan (Meath), John Doyle (Kildare), Paul Kerrigan (Cork), Seamus Kenny (Meath), Cathal Cregg (Roscommon),

full-forwards - Daniel Goulding (Cork), Bernard Brogan (Dublin), Donie Shine (Roscommon), Colm Cooper (Kerry), Donncha O'Connor (Cork), David Kelly (Sligo), Benny Coulter (Down), James Kavanagh (Kildare), Padraic Joyce (Galway).

Disappointed Claffey didn't get nominated but surprised with Cathal Cregg
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JMohan

What's the odds on Sheridan getting and All Star?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on September 23, 2010, 12:04:15 AM

The 2010 GAA Football All Stars nominees are: goalkeepers - Alan Quirke (Cork), Brendan McVeigh (Down), Pascal McConnell (Tyrone)

full-backs - Michael Shields (Cork), Rory O'Carroll (Dublin), Peter Kelly (Kildare), Charlie Harrison (Sligo), Philip McMahon (Dublin), Justin McMahon (Tyrone), Dan Gordon (Down), John O'Brien (Louth), Marc Ó Sé (Kerry)

half-backs - Paudie Kissane (Cork), Kevin McKernan (Down), Philip Jordan (Tyrone), Emmet Bolton (Kildare),
Tomás Ó Sé (Kerry), Graham Canty (Cork), Noel O'Leary (Cork), Joe McMahon (Tyrone), Eamon Callaghan (Kildare)

midfielders - Aidan Walsh (Cork), Paddy Keenan (Louth), Michael D Macauley (Dublin), John Galvin (Limerick), Kalum King (Down), Nicholas Murphy (Cork)

half-forwards - Paddy Kelly (Cork), Daniel Hughes (Down), Graham Reilly (Meath), Martin Clarke (Down), Joe Sheridan (Meath), John Doyle (Kildare), Paul Kerrigan (Cork), Seamus Kenny (Meath), Cathal Cregg (Roscommon),

full-forwards - Daniel Goulding (Cork), Bernard Brogan (Dublin), Donie Shine (Roscommon), Colm Cooper (Kerry), Donncha O'Connor (Cork), David Kelly (Sligo), Benny Coulter (Down), James Kavanagh (Kildare), Padraic Joyce (Galway).

Disappointed Claffey didn't get nominated but surprised with Cathal Cregg
Cathal Creggs nomination is joke, he played one good game and gets one, FFS costello played several good ones and was way more deserving imo.

I would of given Donovan the nod ahead of Harrison, Donovan is a better defender by a fair bit, Harrisons bursts forward mask his frailities.

Kelly and Shine are deservng and Shine shouldnt be too far away from young player of the yr.

Hope Galvin, Keenan, Doyle and Coulter get one.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Yes forgot about costello! his best game was in the Connacht final, clearly the Gaa didn't what to nominate any more than 2 players from Sligo/Roscommon & Donovan was better
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on September 23, 2010, 12:58:57 AM
Yes forgot about costello! his best game was in the Connacht final, clearly the Gaa didn't what to nominate any more than 2 players from Sligo/Roscommon & Donovan was better
If that was there thinking i would of had Claffey in ahead of mcconnell, and donovan ahead of Harrison, and cregg out altogether. I doubt any will get anyways but it just to me shows there lack of knowledge of the game.

How does all this work anyway, who are the selectors? How many people pick the allstars, is it majority rules?

Funny thing when watching the Sunday Game, and team of the yr, is all the players, managers tell you the Sunday game doesnt matter and that panellists havent a clue, but yet when team of yr is pick all the Cork players glued to the big screen in the burlington. When things are going great the pandering and validation seeking is full flow.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"