Coulter
Clarke
King (possible)

cornafean

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 30, 2010, 03:07:21 AM
Quote from: AFS on August 22, 2010, 06:17:22 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 22, 2010, 05:23:36 PM
B Brogan probably will get player of the year to go with his all-star

Hard to see it. In the 15 years of the award, a non-finalist has never won Footballer of the Year.

Brogan's a cert for player of the year...I cant see who else would deserve it..

From what I've seen, Martin Clarke deserves the POTY award more than Brogan.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Bensars

Quote from: cornafean on August 30, 2010, 10:32:05 AM

Hard to see it. In the 15 years of the award, a non-finalist has never won Footballer of the Year.

i think youre running the run of yourself there. A very good player but Bernard Brogan has been the stand out player of the championship by some distance. Very much dependent on what happens in the final, however i would stick by the point it was being decided today Brogan would win by a landslide

Jinxy

He does in his eye.
If he does win it will be a victory for media hype.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Jinxy on August 30, 2010, 10:39:09 AM
He does in his eye.
If he does win it will be a victory for media hype.

Media hype about what???

Dinny Breen

Jinxy is on about Clarke, so put down the key board and back away  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

Canalman

Reckon we (Dublin) deserve 2 Allstars............ Brogan and McAuley.

Dead certs imo are Doyle(Ke) , Clarke and McKernan (Dn).

AIF will imo decide 7/8 places.

Maiden1

Doyle
Brogan
Gooch
Coulter
Clarke 
Hughes

It would be harsh on any of the above 6 if they are not in the All Star forward line.  Kevin McKernan could be 1 big game away from winning 1 at CHB.

Strange thing to say considering they are in the AI final but it's hard to say which Cork players will win All Stars.  No one has really stood out consistently in the chamionship for them to date.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Bensars

Quote from: Canalman on August 30, 2010, 11:18:43 AM
Reckon we (Dublin) deserve 2 Allstars............ Brogan and McAuley.

Dead certs imo are Doyle(Ke) , Clarke and McKernan (Dn).

AIF will imo decide 7/8 places.

I would imagine that there would be significantly more than. Winners and beaten finalists would usually account for 11-12 most years

paddypastit

Quote from: Maiden1 on August 30, 2010, 11:20:35 AM
Doyle
Brogan
Gooch
Coulter
Clarke 
Hughes

It would be harsh on any of the above 6 if they are not in the All Star forward line.  Kevin McKernan could be 1 big game away from winning 1 at CHB.

Strange thing to say considering they are in the AI final but it's hard to say which Cork players will win All Stars.  No one has really stood out consistently in the chamionship for them to date.
Five of those six play in the FF line. Granted Clarke could be given a HF position as he plays a roving role but the others are out and out FFs. For me Brogan and Doyle will get in. Gooch's exploits will by October when the decisions are made seem distant. Coulter's claims wil rest completely on his All Ireland final performance
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Maiden1

Quote from: paddypastit on August 30, 2010, 11:36:57 AM
Quote from: Maiden1 on August 30, 2010, 11:20:35 AM
Doyle
Brogan
Gooch
Coulter
Clarke 
Hughes

Five of those six play in the FF line. Granted Clarke could be given a HF position as he plays a roving role but the others are out and out FFs. For me Brogan and Doyle will get in. Gooch's exploits will by October when the decisions are made seem distant. Coulter's claims wil rest completely on his All Ireland final performance

They'll just have to make the positions to fit.  Clarke is pretty much CHF no matter what number he has on.  Coulter played in the 1/2 forwards for a while against Donegal so we will call him a 1/2 forward  ;) too.  Although he may take Gooch's position, even though Gooch tried his best to beat Down on his own.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

umpire

Quote from: cornafean on August 30, 2010, 10:32:05 AM

+1

Jinxy

Remember the pass from Clarke into Fitzpatrick in the 2nd half against Kildare?
A good pass that the midfielder took in his stride and blazed over the bar.
Now I read a couple of articles on the Monday where journalists hailed this as an unbelievable piece of vision (Tom Humphries was one).
A 20 yard pace to a man in acres of space in front of goal does not take vision.
It just takes common sense and in fact there was a far better cross-field pass with the outside of the boot for a Kildare point in the first half but little or no mention of the player involved.
This is a perfect example of the hype that surrounds Clarke.
And if he were to win POTY on the back of this Kennelly-esque media worship then Bernard Brogan will have been robbed, plain and simple.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

paddypastit

and that's coming from a Meathman?!
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

muppet

Quote from: paddypastit on September 12, 2010, 02:38:17 PM
and that's coming from a Meathman?!

It is hard to ignore the Dublin meejah angle here. But I will try.
MWWSI 2017