Club Championships

Started by Milltown Row2, August 01, 2010, 10:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Offaly has a very long, drawn out Championship, in both hurling and football. In the football there are two groups of 6, with 5 games each to play. The top 4!! in each group go into the quarter finals.

At the moment, there's only been 3 games of the 5 played, so we are still 2 games away from a quarter final, but in the early going Clara (the champions), Rhode (the favourites) and Tullamore all seem to be motoring nicely.

Milltown Row2

Some Championship games today/tonight, this years Alll Ireland club winner in this group

11:00  St Brigids v St. Judes         
12:00  St Oliver Plunketts v Ballymun Kickhams         
13:30  Oranmore-Maree v An Spideal         
14:00  Kilcummin v South Kerry       
14:00  Allenwood v Naas         
14:00  St Faithleachs v St Brigids         
14:00  Eastern Harps v Geevagh     
14:00  The Downs v Mullingar Shamrocks   
14:00  Baltinglass v Bray Emmets       
14:30  Liscannor v St Josephs Doora Barefield         
14:30  Dunboyne v Skryne       
15:00  St Brigids Belfast v Cargin     
15:00  Clontibret v Magheracloone     
15:15  Carna Caiseal v St James       
15:30  Cavan Gaels v Mullahoran     
15:30  Enniskillen v Roslea     
15:30  Austin Stacks v Rathmore   
15:30  Castlerea v Elphin         
15:30  Killucan v Garrycastle   
15:30  Rathnew v Blessington     
16:00  Corofin v Barna     
16:00  Rathkenny v Seneschalstown     
16:00  Rhode v Ferbane   
16:30  Moorefield v Celbridge     
17:00  UCD v St Peregrines     
17:30  Mattock Rangers v St Patricks   
17:30  Clara v Tubber   
17:45  Killererin v Mountbellew/Moylough   
18:00  Ballinderry v Lavey     
18:00  Fr. Caseys v Monaleen       
18:15  St Laurences v Carbery     
20:00  St. Galls v St Johns 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

FermGael

Fermanagh SFC Semi Final:
Roslea 1-11 Enniskillen Gaels 0-10

That leaves a St Patrick's Donagh vs Roslea Shamrocks final on Sunday 26th of September
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

put-it-up-again

Cavan Gaels v Kingscourt in this neck of the woods

Any craic

Plunketts beat Ballymun in Dublin at noon, St Galls beat St Johns tonight in Antrim.

andoireabu

its a Ballinderry vs Eoghan Rua final in Derry.  Going to be very tight this year.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Any craic

This is how close St Galls came tonight to losing to St Johns, a late goal chance when they were two points up - http://vimeo.com/14909399//  To be fair, St Galls were on top and got another point and deserved to win. One sent off from each, tho the Johnnies red card was more significant as it came early in the second-half whereas Karl Stewart was only put off at the end. St Galls were losing at half-time after shooting woeful wides. They play Cargin in the Final.

GAA_Punter

Weekend Club GAA results round-up

It was a busy weekend around the Country with most Senior GAA Championships have got to the semi-final stage. Below is the results from Dublin, Meath, Galway, Roscommon, Sligo, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford, Limerick, Kerry,Kildare.Monaghan,Offaly

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/09/13/weekend-club-gaa-results-round-up/

Farrandeelin

Last 4 in Mayo are: Ballintubber, Castlebar Mitchels, Knockmore and Shrule-Glencorrib.

Draw for semis will take place tonight.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Any craic

Some games are great, some are real wars of attrition, like in Tyrone we expected Errigal-Cookstown to be entertaining but it wasn't, St Galls last night in Antrim was 9-6, and there wasn't one goal from play in the three Dublin SFC games I was at over the weekend. In fact, there wasn't even a single goal chance in the Ballymun-Plunketts game. That's championship for you. Anyway, the Dubs games are reported here tho it starts more like a weather report - http://www.youtube.com/user/Hill16Dubs?feature=mhum

irunthev

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 13, 2010, 08:56:34 AM
Last 4 in Mayo are: Ballintubber, Castlebar Mitchels, Knockmore and Shrule-Glencorrib.

Draw for semis will take place tonight.

Where's the betting they have to set up a sub committee to report to the games committee who then have to report to the executive who will make those findings known to the delegates before the delegates then take the findings away back to their clubs to repeat the whole process in reverse before the draw can be made. My feeling is the new manager will be in place in Mayo before the draw is made ;D

If anyone is interested - London final is between Parnells and Neasden Gaels. Parnells beat three in a row champions Tir Chonaill Gaels yesterday to qualify for their first final since 1992,while Neasden are in their third final in a row, having lost the last two to TCG. Parnells last won the title in 1991, Neasden's only ever win was in 1999. The winners in London will play the eventual Provincial winners from Ulster (I think I have that right), probably in Jan of next year.

Onlooker

Here in Tipperary, there are 12 teams still left in the Senior Football Championship and 24 (hard to believe I know) in the Senior Hurling Championship.  That means an awful lot matches to be played in the coming weeks, starting with double bills in Thurles tonight and tomorrow night , after which the number of teams in the Senior Hurling Championship will be reduced to 20.

Any craic

The All Ireland champions scrape through, see for yourself - http://vimeo.com/14931719