AISF 2010: Corcaigh vs Áth Cliath

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 01, 2010, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on August 19, 2010, 12:37:10 PM
Dublin supremo Pat Gilroy has resisted the urge to ring the changes as his team selection for Sunday's eagerly awaited semi-final against Cork at headquarters shows just one change from the side that overcame Ulster kingpins Tyrone in a pulsating quarter-final. Kilmacud Crokes half back Cian O'Sullivan returns from injury at the expense of the long serving Barry Cahill. Meanwhile, the unveiling of the Leesiders' selection is expected later today.

Can anyone beat 13 in a paragraph?

After Dublin's gilt-edged performance and demolition of double-Ulster Champions Tyrone, blossoming Dublin manager Pat Gilroy is understandably reluctant to swing the axe on his charges, with the solitary switching of the promising and fully recovered half-back Cian O'Sullivan in for the veteran Barry Cahill, a stalwart of recent years. The Rebels, on the other hand, will reveal all later on this evening.

17 anyone? (if you can tolerate the nausea ;) )
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hardy

Provisional leader on 17 - Fear ón Srath Bán, subject to review of the eligibility of one of his cliches - "recovered".

Late rule modification - paragraph limit is 80 words.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Fair enough Hardy, now it's further clichéd as a 'fully recovered'  ;)

'Tis only 16 though.

Bud Wiser

And not even one mention of anyone 'stepping up to the plate' at all. 

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Fear ón Srath Bán

From the Irish Times (and both Canty and Sheehan are still doubtful):

Canty, Sheehan named in Cork line-up

GAA: Graham Canty and Ciaran Sheehan have both been named in the Cork line-up ahead of Sunday's SFC All-Ireland semi-final against Dublin at Croke Park.

Although the pair were named for Sunday's game manager Conor Counihan remained cautious and suggested there could still be changes.

Canty has been in a race to be fit after he tore a hamstring during the Rebels' quarter-final win over Roscommon, while Sheehan picked a knee injury in the same game.

Cork (SF v Dublin): A Quirke; R Carey, M Shields, J Miskella; N O'Leary, G Canty (captain), P Kissane; A O'Connor, A Walsh; P Kerrigan, P O'Neill, P Kelly; D Goulding, C Sheehan, D O'Connor

Zulu

That team won't start IMO, Canty is out afaik so I'd expect Cadogan to come in to the FB line and Miskella to go out to the HB line. Sheehan is ok though and will start but I'd have him wing forward at Kerrigan's expense and put Colm O'Neill in FF. Looking forward to this immensely.

Zulu

Pangurban

I would imagine all neutrals will be supporting the Dubs against the Stalinist Republic of Cork, definitely the Croker Accountants will be. As a fair minded man, i will be supporting the better team, Come on the Dubs, looking forward to meeting and beating youse in September

Zulu

I'd love to see the Dubs win Sam and I hope they do themselves and their fans proud this Sunday but after all my prattling on about the rebels, it's going on 3 years now I reckon, I'll have to roar on the langers!

Jaysus if they choke this weekend I'll be a quite boy for a while.

ross4life

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 19, 2010, 09:28:26 PM
From the Irish Times (and both Canty and Sheehan are still doubtful):

Canty, Sheehan named in Cork line-up

GAA: Graham Canty and Ciaran Sheehan have both been named in the Cork line-up ahead of Sunday's SFC All-Ireland semi-final against Dublin at Croke Park.

Although the pair were named for Sunday's game manager Conor Counihan remained cautious and suggested there could still be changes.

Canty has been in a race to be fit after he tore a hamstring during the Rebels' quarter-final win over Roscommon, while Sheehan picked a knee injury in the same game.

Cork (SF v Dublin): A Quirke; R Carey, M Shields, J Miskella; N O'Leary, G Canty (captain), P Kissane; A O'Connor, A Walsh; P Kerrigan, P O'Neill, P Kelly; D Goulding, C Sheehan, D O'Connor

Using Nicholas Murphy as a impact sub again i see  8) if this is the starting team it's a lot stronger 15 than Dublin's but it's all about the performance on the day

Hopefully it's a good game & may the best team win
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

lynchbhoy

have to fancy Dublin for this. Cork have no continuity going into the match and barely scraped over some half decent sides. On paper Cork have the best panel in the country, but the game isnt played on paper.
Interestingly Cork have named four half backs in their defence, so one of them will either follow Henry out the field or will sweep up around the halfback line - possibly behind it - lke Dublin are deploying Henry to do.
I know a lot of people rate young O'Sullivan but he (and the other young wing half back) are not as good or as experienced as Cahill who I would start. I know I am biased but when it comes to a big game, with three similar players, youd think you would go with the one that has been tried, tested and has a great rep for playing well in the big games.
Saying that I think the Dublin side could be augmented further by switching Cahill with Henry.

If cork find form, they could win this and the AI.
I suspect that they will still not find the 'on' switch and their season will end on Sunday.
Hopefully will be a good game, but as its an AI semi final and weather will be wet, it will be a real championship encounter and will hardly be showreel football. Wont matter to real football fans ! looking forward to it!

Any craic

A bit of fun here from the Kilmacud Summer Camp - 180 kids and they 'banned' Cork jerseys this week, except one young Rebelette still wore her red and white -  http://www.youtube.com/user/Hill16Dubs//

Chris agus Snoop

I think it will be a great game but Deegan likes to be the centre of attention his over fussy refing could ruin the spectacle.
Dublin wil play an extra man in defence I wonder will we see many short kickouts like the Tyrone game? I expect Cork to dominate midfield.

naka

can`t believe the hill is still not sold out for this game
the credit crunch and price of tickets is really hitting home