Started by Bud Wiser, July 30, 2010, 10:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 30, 2010, 10:44:47 AM
Buds great grandfather down in Laois

Which one is your great-grandfather?

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Banana Man on July 30, 2010, 02:00:30 PM
QuoteIf there is a hunt near by you the hound keeper will probably be more than happy to take them off your hands.

Not being funny Delboy but I couldn't see too many hunts in Tallaght!

There is one every day and night but they use a helicopter with strange flashing blue lights instead of horses and dogs.  These are perfectly virus free rabbits raised on Thompson & Morgan Class 1 carrots and Suttons lettuce and they are not bog ditch rabbits like you woukld see falling around the roads with the hunger anywhere else, they are up on a hillside above St Annes GAA pitch.  The very best of grub which probably explains why big Joe McNal......... ah no, I wont say that now.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

delboy

Quote from: Banana Man on July 30, 2010, 02:00:30 PM
QuoteIf there is a hunt near by you the hound keeper will probably be more than happy to take them off your hands.

Not being funny Delboy but I couldn't see too many hunts in Tallaght!

That'll teach me to skim read a post, it does indeed come across as a rather dim suggestion  :-[

cokers

Bud, I dont suppose you managed to get your hands on a few of those wascally wabbits? If you did can you meet me outside Quinns tommorrow at noon? I need about 20 feet before the kerry game. Cheers ;)

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 30, 2010, 10:19:40 AM
As some of you know Bud is a budding potato farmer and this year I stuck down a few carroot, leek and lettuce seeds along with a few heads of cabbage and there dother week I went up and the frigging rabbits had done a Mike Tyson on the lettuce, bit all the ears off and chewed them up along with the carrots.  I know it was rabbits because what I did was I climbed into the composter that was a new unsoiled one I had just bought and I hid in it for four hours after drilling two half inch holes at eye height to watch the b**tards.

Now, I can't shoot them because I am not allowed to fire a shot in a built up area in Tallaght, although it sometimes seems that almost everyone else can fire at will, or shopkeepers or post office staff, or the wrong people in banks.  So I am after making a few snares which is a lot cheaper than buying rols of rabbit fence.  Snaring rabbits and skinning them is a lost art in itself and I don't want to snare them unless they are going to be eaten.  So basicly I am looking for an outlet like say a Green Part Conference where during their morning coffee break I would arrive with the big long pole over me shoulder and the little bunny rabbits with their legs entwined hanging from it and give a demonstration in skinning them before serving them for lunch.  Maybe there are butchers that would take them from me, I wonder duz anyone know anyone at all that would be glad of a few rabbits and I will throw in a head of cabbage or a few spuds as well.

Send them down to Tom..He will "take care" of them for you.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/father-ted/video/series-2/episode-6/bunny-boiler
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

muppet

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 30, 2010, 10:19:40 AM
As some of you know Bud is a budding potato farmer and this year I stuck down a few carroot, leek and lettuce seeds along with a few heads of cabbage and there dother week I went up and the frigging rabbits had done a Mike Tyson on the lettuce, bit all the ears off and chewed them up along with the carrots.  I know it was rabbits because what I did was I climbed into the composter that was a new unsoiled one I had just bought and I hid in it for four hours after drilling two half inch holes at eye height to watch the b**tards.

Now, I can't shoot them because I am not allowed to fire a shot in a built up area in Tallaght, although it sometimes seems that almost everyone else can fire at will, or shopkeepers or post office staff, or the wrong people in banks.  So I am after making a few snares which is a lot cheaper than buying rols of rabbit fence.  Snaring rabbits and skinning them is a lost art in itself and I don't want to snare them unless they are going to be eaten.  So basicly I am looking for an outlet like say a Green Part Conference where during their morning coffee break I would arrive with the big long pole over me shoulder and the little bunny rabbits with their legs entwined hanging from it and give a demonstration in skinning them before serving them for lunch.  Maybe there are butchers that would take them from me, I wonder duz anyone know anyone at all that would be glad of a few rabbits and I will throw in a head of cabbage or a few spuds as well.

Send them to Warrenpoint.
MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

fearglasmor

Jaysus, memories of going shootin with me father and sometimetimes the feckers wouldnt be dead and yed have to finish them off be hand.
Bring them home and hang them on theback of the shed door for a bit then me grandfather would skin and clean them out and it'd be rabbit stew for the dinner.
The pellets were a hoor alright.

Thered be feck all up to that sort of stuff now. If the supermarkets shut down we'd all starve.