What has happened Ulster Football?

Started by Bud Wiser, July 20, 2010, 09:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on July 20, 2010, 07:09:32 PM
QuoteWhat slide? Show me how attendences in Ulster are suffering disproportionately to any other province.

There is a definite slide. For instance, Armagh v Monaghan had relatively few Armagh people at it and even fewer Monaghan people. I was Armagh v Monaghan games in the 80s with bigger crowds.
Yes, but you have to factor in that Armagh insisted on dragging that game to Belfast. Although there's no doubt that the Armagh bandwagon has lost a good few members, there's no evidence that overall attendances in Ulster are in freefall. There was almost 35,000 at the game on Sunday - up almost 2,000 on 2009.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 20, 2010, 07:16:52 PM
QuoteEDIT: Forgot to mention - you should check out the 'Ulster Final Virgin' thread. When you have have people from Leinster travelling to Clones for a football match...

Very enjoyable too

Friend of mine is a Range Rover expert, tells me that there is an EGR valve to do with the Emmissions and something to do with the turbo kick in time and if you continously only do short trips you will have problems. Dinnys trip may have nothing at all to do with watching the 'spectacle' of Ulster football.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

QuoteUlster.

Well to be fair it looks like you are being cocky and taking cheap shots. especially your crap about a Sludden.

What crap about Sludden, are you referring to where he told the Garda that he 'didn't want no state police protection'?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

supersarsfields

I'm asking what relevance anything that happened in the Leinster final has too do with the standard of football in ulster. Which was wat this thread was talking about before your rant about sludden.

Bud Wiser

Because I said that, not being happy with having a crap unwatchable Ulster Football Final ye nordies graced us with one of your referees to make sure the Leinster final was not much better, that was the relevance.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 20, 2010, 08:15:19 PM
Because I said that, not being happy with having a crap unwatchable Ulster Football Final ye nordies graced us with one of your referees to make sure the Leinster final was not much better, that was the relevance.
Would have thought that kind of kerfuffle would be right up your street Bud after years wathing the 'poetic' Laois SF finals between Port and Port (with the odd stradbally apperarance showcasing their black belt expertise also !)
;)

supersarsfields

Sludden's reffing of the Leinster final has little to do with the quality of ulster football. That was my point. And after the behaviour of some of the Leinster fans I can't see too many queing up for the job.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 20, 2010, 08:15:19 PM

Bud, If I hear that term used again it won't just be Sludden talking of "free staters". Knock it off.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Bud Wiser

Nordies, Mexicans, Alaskans, Culchies etc, etc, etc, has been used on this board since I joined it over ten or fifteen years ago.  Get used to it, you will probably hear it again lots of times. As a matter of fact, the term asshole is often used but not that often.

Nally Stand

I am used to it. Doesn't mean I don't completely hate it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Bud Wiser

Well in this DB context of things you shouldn't because there is no hate meant and it has been a long term expression on this board. 

Farrandeelin

Ulster football is still in a better state than Mayo football at the moment.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

Bud I think what you're getting mixed up with is exciting games v decent football. An U12 Ladies game between one-legged Leitrim cailini might be brilliantly exciting. I've watched some clinking Leinster games over the last decade but you knew that as soon as they played teams that can actually play football, they'll be bate out the gate. Sure in Leinster you win titles by throwing the ball and mercilessly attack officials as post-match recreation.

Tyrone had 10 different scorers on Sunday. 1-12 of their 1-14 came from play. You can't bate that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bud Wiser

QuoteTyrone had 10 different scorers on Sunday. 1-12 of their 1-14 came from play. You can't bate that.
H'mm. Aye, I see, I suppose considering that I said the Connaught Final was the best ever and Roscommon scored ten points from frees you have a fair ould point there O'Neill.
I think I will throw the lock on this thread now.

PS You never mentioned Colm Parkinson this time ??

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B