All Ireland Quarter Final Roscommon V Cork

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 19, 2010, 09:13:49 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 19, 2010, 09:10:00 PM
As good as we where yesterday i don't think where ready for Cork yet... Dublin would be a interesting game if we got them? they also have one main scorer & they would be huge favourites which would suit us

Would you rather play (Dubliin) Croke Park or somewhere like Tullamore or Portlaoise? Same for Cork would you rather Croke Park or Limerick/Ennis?

We deserve Croke park after winning connacht... remember we didn't get that in 2001
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on July 19, 2010, 11:21:02 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 19, 2010, 09:13:49 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 19, 2010, 09:10:00 PM
As good as we where yesterday i don't think where ready for Cork yet... Dublin would be a interesting game if we got them? they also have one main scorer & they would be huge favourites which would suit us

Would you rather play (Dubliin) Croke Park or somewhere like Tullamore or Portlaoise? Same for Cork would you rather Croke Park or Limerick/Ennis?

We deserve Croke park after winning connacht... remember we didn't get that in 2001

Well I hope our minors are there too, great times in 2006 in the few matches Mayo seniors & Roscommon minors playing together and Leitrim on the Semi-Final Day.

I saw ye in Croker against the Dubs, I was at the game with a Rossie friend and his familyl (his ould lad said he never saw a Mayoman roar so loud for the Rossies in his life, thought I was going to lep of the Upper Hogan Stand) if I recall ye played well in the first half. Also saw ye play against Kerry, ye where getting slaughtered and then ye belted in a rake of goals, but it was too much to catch up on, great day too with the Galway people, think they where playing Cork. That mad lad in goals running up and down the lenght of the Canal End cheerleading the Connacht support and him supposed to be watching his goal, feckn classic stuff.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Yup our last visit to Croker we ran the dubs close..   jayo's lucky goal won it & the Kerry match in 2003 we also gave them a fright scoring 3-10

I was also in croker when we lost to Meath by 1 point in 1991  :( back then we had a young forward that scored 1-8 (how time's has changed)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shrewdness

Just a query re our possible Quarter Final opponent.

If Sligo beat Down, is there a rule that says we can't play Sligo again so soon?

Kerry Mike

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ross4life

Rossfan

I believe we have no hope or any business turning up in Croke Park next weekend.
Ah sure we have to appear or the CCCCCCCCCC would slap a big fine on us.
Hopefully whoever we meet will go aisy on us and save them selves for the Semi v Tyrone. :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

Quote from: never kickt a ball on July 24, 2010, 09:17:04 PM
Roscommon V Down?

No disrespect to either but if this is the draw I'd say it was beyond either team's wildest dreams to find themselves in an All-Ireland semi-final, especially from a month or two ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Canalman

Expect a whole heap of béalbochting from the Rossies this week. "Nobody is giving us a chance..etc etc etc".

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on July 24, 2010, 10:11:28 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on July 24, 2010, 09:17:04 PM
Roscommon V Down?

No disrespect to either but if this is the draw I'd say it was beyond either team's wildest dreams to find themselves in an All-Ireland semi-final, especially from a month or two ago.

Well Down will be playing Division 1 Football next year unlike us with Division 4, so maybe not wildest dreams for them but progress is been made with underage success as this will be Down first ever Quarter final

ONeill

Versus Cork 10% chance, Dublin 40%, Kildare 40%, Down 60%.

Down blow hot then cold.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on July 24, 2010, 10:22:16 PM
Versus Cork 10% chance, Dublin 40%, Kildare 40%, Down 60%.

Down blow hot then cold.

Your very generous with those % ONeill i don't think the bookies would agree

As i said over on the Down v Sligo thread how good are down as they struggled to beat Longford/Offaly.. tonight was more about the Sligo performance IMO

Dinny Breen

From a Kildare perspective The Rossies or Meath would be the preference Meath being my first choice because if we're honest nobody wants to face the winners of the last 8 All-Irelands between them.

Roscommon will be interesting to watch, they have now been empancipated and could play with a freedom and confidence that on the day will make a tough nut craic. It really is all on the day and only a fool would dismiss any of the last 8
#newbridgeornowhere