All Ireland Quarter Final Kerry V Down

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 02, 2010, 01:54:01 PM
Humble apologies Quinn Martin....I hope you will be tipping the Lilywhites ;)

Thon Johnny Doyle will tear yous apart...how's that for a start.  Seriously hope Down can go all the way, played beautifully on Sat.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

bcarrier

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on August 02, 2010, 01:49:50 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 31, 2010, 11:28:42 PM
Indiana
Cosmo Kramer
bcarrier
blanketattack
Shawshank
Allofasludden
rrhf
hardstation
Frank Casey
Will Hunting
Deacon Blue

I don't like to gloat....but I'm afraid I have to this time...whats it like to see a team that you have ridiculed beat the best team in Ireland by a mile

The Aristocrats are back....

You can apologise to me while you are at it 5 Sams. I direct you to my post at 10:02 above. ;).

supersarsfields

Just noticed this post from a Mr T Fearon on facebook on "the championship page".

I'll also answer Tommy's question. Down are a mediocre team,and a mediocre team was all that was required to beat Kerry (missing half their team and lacking in hunger) on Saturday. On the other hand if Down beat Kildare then I will revise that opinion, but they will not do that by continuing to emulate Mickey Harte's tactics, which failed Tyrone last Saturday as well.

I'd say his joy at seeing Tyrone beaten has been somewhat ruined by Down's victory.  :D

Dubh driocht

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 01, 2010, 10:55:52 PM
Quote from: 45 metres on August 01, 2010, 09:10:33 PM
In the last few years teams like Monaghan, Sligo and Longford have like Down had the chance to put away Kerry in championship games when the Kingdom have been vulnerable. Only Down have the lack of fear of the green and gold to fully put them away when other teams except maybe Tyrone and Cork can't.
"Teams like Monaghan" weren't playing the team that Kerry had out yesterday.

Maguire01,  get over yourself. As has been pointed out, teams change and it was 15 players against 15 players.There was no talk like this when Kerry beat Cork ( the AI favourites) 2 months ago. If Galvin and O'Se break the rules they take the consequences- footballers understand this. As for retirements etc, as someone said it would have been nice to have Mickey Linden, Paddy Doherty and Sean O'Neill on Saturday but like Darragh O'Se, they've retired.
As for your earlier observation on the predictability of this, I suggest you read the posts on this thread from 5Sams,the wobbler,Pangurban, Dodgy Umpire,DownFanatic ,In the Onion Bag and myself among others. People who follow their team can see things that computer based posters don't - and BTW don't worry about my Euro balance-it's healthy.

INDIANA

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 02, 2010, 01:54:01 PM
Humble apologies Quinn Martin....I hope you will be tipping the Lilywhites ;)

Its ok 5 Sams we beat the team of the decade. You only beat the reigning all- ireland champions. So you won't mind if I smile a bit will you?

stiffler

Down lost a player to aussie rules this year too!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

fingerbob

Quote from: stiffler on August 02, 2010, 10:18:52 PM
Down lost a player to aussie rules this year too!

Who recently got promoted from the rookie list to the seniors!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-promote-irish-rookie/story-e6frf9jf-1225895004477

boo_yaa

Kerry out again-so soon!! Just when we were coming to de-throne you! Could not last the pace!!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: boo_yaa on August 03, 2010, 11:04:33 AM
Kerry out again-so soon!! Just when we were coming to de-throne you! Could not last the pace!!!

Are you for real? In the name of Jaysus.

boo_yaa

deadly serious-they knew we were re-emerging and shat themselves at the prospect!!

It will be a long long time before they are back!! Kerry are gone, Dublin are here.............yerra!!!!!

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 03, 2010, 11:07:14 AM
Quote from: boo_yaa on August 03, 2010, 11:04:33 AM

Are you for real? In the name of Jaysus.

Don't mind this lad.
Just another wum.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

snoopdog

Quote from: boo_yaa on August 03, 2010, 11:09:24 AM
deadly serious-they knew we were re-emerging and shat themselves at the prospect!!

It will be a long long time before they are back!! Kerry are gone, Dublin are here.............yerra!!!!!

you had your chance last year against the mighty Kingdom.
Eh think they hammered you.
Id say your one of the deserters now back for the semi final.

In the Onion Bag

I have really enjoyed this thread esp in the lead up to the match but I was pleased yesterday when it disappeared off the 1st page.
To me that signalled a typical Down / Kerry mutual respect - each of us had said our piece, the ashes of the game had been well raked over and it was time to move on. 

I know this post defeats my purpose but I suggest the graceful thing to do now is to stop further posts and let this thread die a dignified death.  Esp when we are now getting a Dublin rapscallion on mixing it, totally out of character with all the super happy Dub fans I met at the match and later  when Sat night became Sun morning).

Kerry Mike

Congrats Down , outplayed us on the day and when a few injuries and the bits of luck ran against us on the day we were fighting an unstoppable tide, it was a good day to catch us but thats sport for you, you win some and you lose some, we cant complain we have had a great time of it since 1997 with 6 All Irelands.

I'll have a moan about Kerry some other time in the long winter nights but wont piss on Down's parade today.

Of the 4 teams left I really hope Down can add a 6th title to their record. Hope all the Down lads here enjoyed the day.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

The Worker

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 03, 2010, 10:22:25 PM
Congrats Down , outplayed us on the day and when a few injuries and the bits of luck ran against us on the day we were fighting an unstoppable tide, it was a good day to catch us bur thats sport for you, you win some and you lose some, we cant complain we have had a great time of it since 1997 with 6 All Irelands.

I'll have a moan about Kerry some other time in the long winter night but wont piss on Down's parade today.

Of the 4 teams left I really hope Down can add a 6th title to their record. Hope all the Down lads here enjoyed the day.

fair play lad, well said