All Ireland Quarter Final Kerry V Down

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubh driocht

I really miss Tony and Trevor Hill at times like this.
Looks like a repeat of the 91 final in the SF- reading Liam Hayes today, the begrudgery seeps out of him, will be some prospect.
So many things to reflect on today but one point is the continued improvement of Mc Comiskey. Clear that he's back to the level he was 2 years ago when at Queens.It does make you think about the massive leap between Division 3 football and playing against the likes of Kerry. He has benefitted from regular games in the qualifiers and was a different man yesterday  from the player we saw in Ballybofey. Someone pointed out that Kerry have players from junior clubs who benefit from the divisional set-up so maybe that debate needs another airing.

tyroneboi

What were the roman numerals all about on the Down jersey yesterday?

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

passedit

Quote from: Dubh driocht on August 01, 2010, 04:24:09 PM
Looks like a repeat of the 91 final in the SF- reading Liam Hayes today, the begrudgery seeps out of him, will be some prospect.
So many things to reflect on today but one point is the continued improvement of Mc Comiskey. Clear that he's back to the level he was 2 years ago when at Queens.It does make you think about the massive leap between Division 3 football and playing against the likes of Kerry. He has benefitted from regular games in the qualifiers and was a different man yesterday  from the player we saw in Ballybofey. Someone pointed out that Kerry have players from junior clubs who benefit from the divisional set-up so maybe that debate needs another airing.

Spot on DD, was delighted for MC C yesterday, we need him flying for a realistic shot at this now. Oh and there'd be plenty of Mead byes bitter enough about 91. What is it about these uns who expect ye just to lie down. O Rourke had a sour enough puss on him yesterday as well.

Was very impressed with Murtagh as well when he came on, obviously bursting for a starting place which he thinks should be his by rights. I'd hold him in reserve for the semi too though, a half an hour from him with the promise a of a start in the final could be the decisive factor in Down getting there.
Don't Panic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: passedit on August 01, 2010, 05:57:57 PM

Spot on DD, was delighted for MC C yesterday, we need him flying for a realistic shot at this now. Oh and there'd be plenty of Mead byes bitter enough about 91. What is it about these uns who expect ye just to lie down. O Rourke had a sour enough puss on him yesterday as well.

Was very impressed with Murtagh as well when he came on, obviously bursting for a starting place which he thinks should be his by rights. I'd hold him in reserve for the semi too though, a half an hour from him with the promise a of a start in the final could be the decisive factor in Down getting there.

Jaysus, you were nowhwere to be seen in the lead up to the game and now you are all over the place. You're not one of these lads that only do slagging and banter when you win are you ?

passedit

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 01, 2010, 06:01:59 PM
Quote from: passedit on August 01, 2010, 05:57:57 PM

Jaysus, you were nowhwere to be seen in the lead up to the game and now you are all over the place. You're not one of these lads that only do slagging and banter when you win are you ?

My apologies Mikey. I'm on me holliers in the states, so not much time for the old puter, only when the matches are on. Pissing it down outside now so fire away.
Don't Panic

snoopdog

Quote from: southdown on August 01, 2010, 02:51:58 PM
He was sitting half way up the section, in his early 20s wearing a number 13 Tyrone shirt.  He came in pissed out of the head with a pint in his hand a bottle of vodka in the back pocket.  Stewards mede him leave with his pint, then he got back in.

There were Dublin fans in front of him and behind him.  When Tyrone scored he would turn to the man behind him and roar in his face.  When Dublin scored he roard "c%nts" into the Dublin fans faces.  He roared at the man behind him "you Dublin c%nt, Ill f%%king bust you" and I thought he was going to hit him, then the man and a few men behind all stood up and he sat down.  He roared abuse all day at the family in front, which included young children, and they were genuinely afraid.  At one point he had his shirt off and was waving Tyrone shirt in the air.

Never witnessed such a thug at a match in my life, it was shocking, im sure quite a few people on here noticed him as he was getting a lot of attention.
people who are drumk should not be allowed into the grounds. Thats a disgrace. Probably ruined the day for a lot of people. I hate seeing that crap. Unfortunately some people only go for the drink and have no interest in GAA.
We can do without those scumbags. Why did the stewards not remove him from the ground.

Aaron Boone

A group of lads were drinking beside me in the Upper Hogan as well.
The stewards are aimless in Croker. They just don't care & don't have to either.

Pangurban

There should be no drink served in Croker until the game is over, and certainly no drink allowed to be taken in. What ever happened to the much heralded GAA anti-alcohol campaign.

mournerambler

Quote from: Pangurban on August 01, 2010, 07:37:36 PM
There should be no drink served in Croker until the game is over, and certainly no drink allowed to be taken in. What ever happened to the much heralded GAA anti-alcohol campaign.

Catch a grip, suppose your opposed to playing on Sundays as well & think we should all be making funny handshakes before & after the games with opposing supporters, with a few psalms recited from the New Teastament at half-time.

Minder

There were about six fellas from Belfast sitting behind us at the hurling quarter finals last weekend. They had got the train down and were steaming during the Antrim game and a few of them sat and slept during the Galway v Tipp game, the other ones had went outside to get more booze and missed most of the second game. Why do they bother?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Pangurban

Disappointing response from you Mournerambler, i think you need to catch a grip, or are you happy to witness drunken louts misbehaving in our stadiums.

thewobbler

Pangur, for God's sake, please don't feel that imposing your narrowminded will upon the majority is the way forward.

If people were drunk before the start of the game on Saturday, it was almost certainly not as a result of consuming a few beers in the stadium, but as the result of a binge on the way down. Removing alcohol sales from the stadium doesn't fix that.

mournerambler

Pangurban, I & others beside me, including children, were unfortunate enough to have to listen to (not for very long thankfully) some foul mouthed tosser at the game in Ballybofey & I would safely say the person in question was far from what I would describe as drunk, just an ignorant bollix would be a better way to describe that person, so your argument to ban the sale of alcohol in the stadium just doesn't add up.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Pangurban on August 01, 2010, 07:54:51 PM
Disappointing response from you Mournerambler, i think you need to catch a grip, or are you happy to witness drunken louts misbehaving in our stadiums.

No, its you that needs to catch a grip.

The solution is better stewarding, not stopping the sale of alcohol in the stadium.

The stewards and Gardai are woeful - if they were any good then a finger would not have been laid on Martin Sludden a couple of weeks back. Instead of trying to guard a 300+ metre pitch perimeter, all they had to do was guard a 5 metre zone around the referee. But they are too stupid and lazy to bother.
i usse an speelchekor