All Ireland Quarter Final Kerry V Down

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikeflyer30

Just had a look at pages 16 17 and 18 it made me laugh this is a very special day for us mourne folk  :) :)

5 Sams

Indiana
Cosmo Kramer
bcarrier
blanketattack
Shawshank
Allofasludden
rrhf
hardstation
Frank Casey
Will Hunting
Deacon Blue

I don't like to gloat....but I'm afraid I have to this time...whats it like to see a team that you have ridiculed beat the best team in Ireland by a mile

The Aristocrats are back....
The Aristocrat Years

Minder

Have a soft spot for Down (which will keep them warm at night). They had weekend training camps in our club (Glenariffe) in North Antrim before their first Ulster championship matches in 1991 and 1994. Must have been something in the water.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Worker

Kerry lost their 100% record in All Ireland quarter finals on the same day Down earned a 100% record in them!!

The boys in Red & Black are back! aha

Maguire01

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 31, 2010, 11:28:42 PM
Indiana
Cosmo Kramer
bcarrier
blanketattack
Shawshank
Allofasludden
rrhf
hardstation
Frank Casey
Will Hunting
Deacon Blue

I don't like to gloat....but I'm afraid I have to this time...whats it like to see a team that you have ridiculed beat the best team in Ireland by a mile

Only they're clearly not the best team in Ireland.

johnpower

Indiana
Cosmo Kramer
bcarrier
blanketattack
Shawshank
Allofasludden
rrhf
hardstation
Frank Casey
Will Hunting
Deacon Blue

congrats 5 sams no complaints against Down who are now serious contenders ,

passedit

Indiana
Cosmo Kramer
bcarrier
blanketattack
Shawshank
Allofasludden
rrhf
hardstation
Frank Casey
Will Hunting
Deacon Blue

ye missed out one of your own clubmates there 5sams (Not the wobbler who should probably frame a few pages of this thread).

Oh ye of little faith.
Don't Panic

The Worker

is the down v kildare/meath semi on the 29th Aug?

Ball Hopper

Congrats to Down on a very special day...I know it will stay in the memory banks for a long, long time.

A little belief goes a long way against a team with a little doubt, doesn't it?

Pangurban

Heroes every Man,a complete team performance. Thought Garvey and Mc Kernan were majestic. Having witnessed every defeat of Kerry by Down over the past 50 yrs. i have no hesitation in saying this was the sweetest off all, probably because it was so unexpected. Fair play to Kerry they were great champions. After that performance today, and the belief and confidence it will engender, anything is possible for Down, for the first time in years, we can dare to dream. The particularly satisfying aspect of our victory, was that we achieved it  the Down Way, playing positive flowing attacking football, with no cynicism our negative tactics

5 Sams

Quote from: passedit on August 01, 2010, 12:02:36 AM
Indiana
Cosmo Kramer
bcarrier
blanketattack
Shawshank
Allofasludden
rrhf
hardstation
Frank Casey
Will Hunting
Deacon Blue

ye missed out one of your own clubmates there 5sams (Not the wobbler who should probably frame a few pages of this thread).

Oh ye of little faith.

I'll be havin a word with him passedit ;) ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Orangemac

Congrats to Down

Brilliant performance today and no reason why they can't go all the way now.

Some say tradition plays no part but when the game was there to be won today the confidence Down teams on a roll have that comes from wearing the jersey spurred them on.

Compare them to Monaghan in 2007 ( was it?) the first game against Kerry when they had them for the taking or even Armagh in 2000. It definitely plays a part.

As for Kerry it seems there is a serious rebuilding process needed and the minor teams from the last few years wouldn't provide a lot of hope.

Tomas O'Se was definitely a big miss. How many times has he popped up with a score or driving run to lift Kerry? There was just no leadership barring Cooper out there today.

Slim

Congrats to Down today.  Great stuff.

Use made me a few quid.  ;D

I hope use go on and win it!!

Dubh driocht

I don't think there was anything unexpected about today. And fair play to 5 Sams for pointing out the guilty parties who would know more about the nice fish supper I had next door to Meaghers after the game.
And fair play to Moune Rover who knows more than I will ever know and reads it like a book.And fair play to Kerry Mike and all the Kerry supporters I had the privilege of meeting today.
But the fairest of plays goes to James, Jerome, Brian, Paddy and the panel who restored our faith in the game we love with courage, skill and passion.
From 1 to 15 plus the subs we won the battles.It's a bit late to analyse performances but for all the players I saw today, across 6 teams, you are the best of Irish manhood. Oiche mhaith.