All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

ONeill

There are plenty in Tyrone who are very confident. There are those who are cautious. However, how the average Joe thinks means nothing. You might find that the favourite's tag sits very comfortably with the players, and that's all that matters.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 28, 2010, 08:30:58 PM
Look, lets call a spade a spade. Tyrone have thuggish crowds which we also witnessed, it wasn't just Dublin.

Rather be a just a thug than a "f***ing ANIMAL" :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78c8HXWiZcc

You'd really need to be some sort of eh... one of the afore mentioned "F***ing Animals", to run onto the pitch and punch your own teams manager too I'd say!!
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Gaelic+Football:+PAIDI+REIGN+MAY+SOON+BE+OVER;+Kerry+chiefs+begin+to...-a0106927840
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Kerry Mike

QuoteRather be a just a thug than a "f***ing ANIMAL"

We knew it all along, woof woof
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

EC Unique

What is all this chat about not being comfortable with the favourite tag? I'm very comfortable with it. Tyrone look quite good at this stage and Dublin look average at best. I think Tyrone will win with some to spare. Any Tyrone man that says otherwise is mad IMO.

ONeill

This man is very confident of an 8-point victory.

Man Marker

Well I'm happy to put my money where my mouth, I put 500 on the lads to do the business with at least 4 points to spare.

Fuzzman

Can't believe what I've read on this page as I was thinking to myself I better tone down my over confidence as some could see it as almost arrogance

Most of us we all very confident v Monaghan despite all their hype and many on here thought we were nuts & down right arrogant. I and many other lads on here have said we think Dublin are well down the 2nd tier of teams and although they've changed their style & system a bit this year I still think they are very beatable as Meath showed.

Lots of lads come on here and play down everything and never speak their mind in case they lose and have egg on their face. As I tell the Dubs in my work, look at the fun you'll have next week should ye win. I've built it up nicely for them but sure the banter is great. Better than all this ahhh we're not that good and we havent  been tested yet craic. If we lose we lose and we'll deal with it but to me this Tyrone squad is better than 2008 and if we had Aidan Cassidy back we could have a strong MF as well

Tyrone by 1.  ;D

give her dixie

I'm out in Lebannon at the minute and I was wondeering if anyone knows of an Irish bar in Beirut that will be showing the game on Saturday?

If not, then any links will be greatly appreciated.

Should be a cracker of a match, and Tyrone by 8.............
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ONeill

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 29, 2010, 10:48:43 AM

Lots of lads come on here and play down everything and never speak their mind in case they lose and have egg on their face.  Better than all this ahhh we're not that good and we havent  been tested yet craic.

Can't think of anyone who's not honest in their posts. Who does this?

Fuzzman

You're right O'Neill
I just made that up
;D ;D

Looking forward to Thur night 9pm as the team is announced
Anyone wanna take a stab at what Mr Harte has up his sleevies this time

Will he really shock us all and play McCarron at FB to mark baldy and move Justy to MF with CC named at 15 but plays as 3rd midfielder

Nah..

I would like to see McGinley get back in though but not sure who for.
Could Carlin come in for Ricey or dare I say Da..
Nah

We'll leave it as it is

Has Packie bagged an allstar? Has he already got one?

rrhf

Our confidence is kept in reserve, us northernerers are frugal modest sort, we dont have holiday homes all around the world - not much point in having a turkish holiday home if you havent the credit card to pay for the flights over.   we take satisfaction in a job well done, not blowing about how many all irelands we've won or writing off our opposition.   We have respect for the Dubs and their fans and we want to save it all up to give them a right ribbin after the match.  But Id be confident that if we can perform to our best we'll bate the Dubs alright, but I felt when I seen them click during the national league match that this team can go far.  I really havent seent them click since, and quarter finals are where these things happen.  But Ive no doubt that Pat Gilroy is expecting a win on Saturday as much as Mickey Harte is.   

tyroneboi

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 29, 2010, 11:31:48 AM
You're right O'Neill
I just made that up
;D ;D

Looking forward to Thur night 9pm as the team is announced
Anyone wanna take a stab at what Mr Harte has up his sleevies this time

Will he really shock us all and play McCarron at FB to mark baldy and move Justy to MF with CC named at 15 but plays as 3rd midfielder

Nah..

I would like to see McGinley get back in though but not sure who for.
Could Carlin come in for Ricey or dare I say Da..
Nah

We'll leave it as it is

Has Packie bagged an allstar? Has he already got one?

I would say he is strong favourite for an all star at the moment. No other standout goalkeeping performances this year apart from McConnell. It would be his first following in the footsteps of his big brother who got one in 1996.

Fuzzman

Just read Cavanagh's interview in the Irish News.
Interesting he also says this is the strongest squad that we've had.

I think people are reading too much into Dublin's performance in the league up in Omagh
Sure they played well and Tyrone were well behind them but Dublin looked to put a lot of effort into the league this year and seemed much fitter that most teams.

Canalman

Pride before the Fall???????

While my head is still saying Tyrone I have to say that as a Dub I am extremely heartened by the utterances of the Tyrone people. Very similiar scenario imo to Crossmaglen v Crokes AICF  in 2009.

Would still be happier with O'Carroll no 2 and O'Sullivan starting on Saturday.

However I can safely say that there is an almost maniacal desire here in Dublin to win this game , which Tyrone underestimate at their peril.

Btw, I have been very wrong about Dublin's prospects in the past.