The Population of the World

Started by Olly, July 14, 2010, 12:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

This has been worrying me at nights over recent nights. I was reading that there are 7 billion people in the world now and they think there'll be 9 billion people in 2050 which is only 40 years away. Where are they going to fit these 2 billion people? It is not as if there are more countries being discovered as I haven't heard of any later. I'm just thinking on my feet here so maybe instead of trying to find out where there are more planets or the cure for rat make-up, maybe the scientists and the Portuguese should do a check of the whole planet and see if there are any more land masses about around the corners of other countries. Up by Russia and Canada there is a lot of confusion.

Also, look at the Sahara. Tell people 'hey, if you want to have more children then you're going to rare them in the sahara or the artic.' That'll soon stop people from having spare children they only wanted so that they can have 'company'. Also, 2 billion people are an awful lot. Look at your journey today. You probably drove on a busy road and maybe went into a busy shop. Add 100 people to that and you'd see it. Add 1000 and it's a nusiance at traffic lights and the cashier. Add 10'000 then 100'000 and things become inbearable. Add a million on the roads and in that shop and life is just too crowded. There'd be fighting for food, petrol and parking. A billion is loads more than a million and then it's 2 billion.

I don't want to live on a planet with 9 billion people in it. There's be houses all crammed together and the roads will be snail pace. We need to look at maybe killing whole chunks of races by telling the young ones not to breed for a 100 years and if that race is killed off like the Paraguayans or Welsh then that's tough - you did it to save the planet from sinking.

Does anyone thing this is alarmist?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

armaghniac

There are nine million bicycles in Beijing, that's a fact, it's a thing we can't deny.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Asal Mor

I agree Olly. We are making a sh!te of the planet. An epidemic that would kill off a few billion people would be a blessing.

GBXII

My God there are some retards on this board!

Olly

That's not nice. What Armaghniac is saying is that if there are 9 million bicycles in that town alone then why aren't we all riding one ourselves. That would ease many forms of congestion and maybe make people a bit tireder in the evenings for you know what sp helping that matter. Personally, I think he's right. Also, and I didn't want there to appear I had an agenda, but ever think of how the gay population is maybe God's way of keeping a tab on things. Attitudes might change now you'll see.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Orior

Quote from: GBXII on July 14, 2010, 01:15:00 PM

7 billion people, 9 million bicyles and 1 person on GAABoad that doesnt get it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Olly on July 14, 2010, 12:43:56 PM
This has been worrying me at nights over recent nights. I was reading that there are 7 billion people in the world now and they think there'll be 9 billion people in 2050 which is only 40 years away. Where are they going to fit these 2 billion people?

Leitrim.

blast05

There are more people living on the streets of Calcutta than live in Ireland.
So when you think of the homeless people that Dublins streets could accomodate then an increase of 2 billion spread accross all the major cities of the world could easily be soaked up

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 14, 2010, 01:30:53 PM
Quote from: Olly on July 14, 2010, 12:43:56 PM
This has been worrying me at nights over recent nights. I was reading that there are 7 billion people in the world now and they think there'll be 9 billion people in 2050 which is only 40 years away. Where are they going to fit these 2 billion people?

Leitrim.

We have an area of Bog in North East Mayo the size of Laois, if they allow us to dig it all up, we could easily fit another 100,000 up there. 2020 "Welcome to Bangor-Erris, population 66,000, Ireland's Oilfields Gateway City."
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

under the bar

QuoteThis has been worrying me at nights over recent nights. I was reading that there are 7 billion people in the world now and they think there'll be 9 billion people in 2050 which is only 40 years away. Where are they going to fit these 2 billion people?

That's exactly why the UN, despite making plenty of publicity seeking statements of intention, really aren't that bothered about AIDS, famines, poverty, huge natural disasters and long running wars that involve ethnic cleansing.  Despite what they say the US, Russia, France, Germany, China etc view these things as effective popluation control.

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on July 14, 2010, 01:30:13 PM

Two now.
Good boy Olly.

seafoid

Most of the population growth is going to come in Asia and Africa. Uganda's population is supposed to treble by 2050.  Uttar Pradesh in India had 166 million in 1991 and will have 242m in 2016 and over 350m by 2050. Throw in the glaciers in the Himalayas that are melting in the summer 7 times faster than snow melts because of the heat absorbent soot from the domestic fires of the poor in n India  and you have a serious problem. Or India does. Nobody in power in India is thinking long term.

Olly

The Indians are a tough bunch Seafoid and they will probably just pack up and survive somewhere else. When they flooded America they hadn't the gumption to take on the native cowboys ranchers and after they took some hammerings from the likes of Jesse James, Murphy, Billy the Kid and Blondie they somehow packed up all their wigwams and totem poles and managed to make it to Asia. It was quite remarkable but disappointing they abandoned their Totem Pole culture but I suppose carting that stuff across the world was cumbersome to say the least. i always wondered how they got into the spices trade.

I don't see how the mountains' ice melting is affecting them. Do they use it for water or ice?

Blast - you are underestimating the number 2 billion. This is 2 million - 2'000'000. Now Dublin could not have 2'000'000 extra running around O'Connell Street and Bewleys never mind this number - 2'000'000'000.

blast05

QuoteNow Dublin could not have 2'000'000 extra running around O'Connell Street and Bewleys never mind this number - 2'000'000'000.

Oh right.
Ahhhh ..... thanks Dougal.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hardy on July 14, 2010, 02:55:47 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 14, 2010, 01:30:13 PM

Two now.
Good boy Olly.

I was afraid to admit it until there were at least two others.