The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cockahoop

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 05, 2014, 11:42:10 AM
Eamonn, compared to the alternatives (BBC, ITV) RTE's coverage is brilliant. 

I'd compare it to the Sunday's Game's live Hurling coverage and analysis to BBCs coverage of the Ulster championship.

The RTE's B team of coverage (Molony (?), Sandler, Hamman and Brad Friedel) are much better.

i agree RTE have been head and shoulders above BBC/ITV (deck chairs on the beach!!),i dont know what match Eamonn was watching but it was the most cynical/dirty match i have seen in a long time,was a terrible match with players making terrible mistakes and the 2 best players in Neymar and rodriguez were taken out at evry opportunity,RTE just called it how it was In my opinion of course.

J OGorman

Quote from: cockahoop on July 05, 2014, 11:55:08 AM

I'd compare it to the Sunday's Game's live Hurling coverage and analysis to BBCs coverage of the Ulster championship.

The RTE's B team of coverage (Molony (?), Sandler, Hamman and Brad Friedel) are much better.

i agree RTE have been head and shoulders above BBC/ITV (deck chairs on the beach!!),i dont know what match Eamonn was watching but it was the most cynical/dirty match i have seen in a long time,was a terrible match with players making terrible mistakes and the 2 best players in Neymar and rodriguez were taken out at evry opportunity,RTE just called it how it was In my opinion of course.

Was forced to watch my first match on BBC last night (online). Andy Townsend is a complete dose (decent midfielder though)

Syferus

Sadler is a bit Dumph lite though. If I want Dumph I want the full-fat Dumph.

Don't understand why Didi wasn't on the Germany match coverage yesterday, I assume it must have been a clash of schedules or something. Hopefully Ozzie is on the Argentina coverage today. He's great craic with Gilesy.

rodney trotter

Argentina: Romero; Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay, Basanta; Biglia, Mascherano, Di Maria; Lavezzi, Messi, Higuain.

Belgium: Courtois, Alderweireld, Van Buyten, Kompany, Vertonghen, Witsel, Fellaini, De Bruyne, Mirallas, Hazard, Origi

Syferus

Neymar out of the WC with a broken back. With Silva suspended for the Germany match Brazil's hopes look shot.

AQMP

Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2014, 04:02:39 PM
Neymar out of the WC with a broken back. With Silva suspended for the Germany match Brazil's hopes look shot.

Neymar will be replaced by the ref

EC Unique

Messi v Fellaini in the run up to that goal.  ;D

Such a mismatch.

GalwayBayBoy

laoislad

Disappointed with Belgium, not overly impressed with Argentina.
Germany Holland final for me(providing Holland win tonight)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

Poor enough game. Dunno why anyone was backing Belgium to win beforehand. ;)

clarshack

While not brilliant, Argentina were a lot more solid at the back today. They should have had another 2 goals also. Think they will win their semifinal.

seafoid

Quote from: clarshack on July 05, 2014, 07:05:48 PM
While not brilliant, Argentina were a lot more solid at the back today. They should have had another 2 goals also. Think they will win their semifinal.
Argentina- Brazil would be a fabulous final

Eamonnca1

Of course yiz thought it was awful, you watched it on RTE. That's my point. They could take any game and make it look bad.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 05, 2014, 08:29:22 PM

Of course yiz thought it was awful, you watched it on RTE. That's my point. They could take any game and make it look bad.

Watched it in Spain with no understanding of the commentary.  It was a mediocre game at best.