The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

I think some sort of bite scale should be created....some sort of instrument to measure the depth of any perceived teeth mark, so we could assess a graze, nibble, chomp and ban accordingly....
Also 3D imagery could be used to match up teeth marks to the teeth of an accused player. The refs watch could beep the same way it does for when goal line technology comes into play.

J OGorman

Quote from: Zip Code on June 25, 2014, 09:58:13 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 25, 2014, 09:48:07 AM
This is hilarious. His teeth happened to come in contact with the guys shoulder. It was not a bite.... LOL

The more sensible people will call a spade a spade.

If you teeth came in contact with a shoulder why would your bottom jaw come up, he bit him get the f**k over it - hopefully he gets a long ban, only in the fucked up world of socccar would this p***k be defended for his actions.

chrikers you have some anger in ye

smort

Quote from: Zip Code on June 25, 2014, 09:59:15 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 25, 2014, 09:57:16 AM
Try to argue with this angle..

https://twitter.com/JamieRoss7/status/481571427351822336/photo/1

That proves even more, he tried to maul him ffs.

That is pretty conclusive in my book. FIFA should throw the book at him (though he would likely bite that too) :-[

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

laoislad

Quote from: Fíor Gael on June 25, 2014, 09:58:01 AM
Never a bite, a bit of argy bargy in the square!! Typical English media over reaction trying to deflect from them having the most brutal team in the tournament. Playing the incident over and over, telling everyone what to think, calling for life time bans- it was no more than a bit of rough play.  You cant get banned for knocking England out of the world cup.
Why dont they focus more on their own short comings and finally admit that Rooney is the most over rated player in history and Woy Hodgson is a stuttering, mumbling fool that makes Mick McCarthy look like a footballing genius!

Great Post  ;D
Lay off Mick though as the man is a legend...!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on June 25, 2014, 09:57:16 AM
Try to argue with this angle..

https://twitter.com/JamieRoss7/status/481571427351822336/photo/1

well that is certainly more damning than the tv footage they were showing last night.

Like i said, i dont doubt that he probably did bite him, just that i wasnt sure the proof was there for them to hand out a  long ban.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

It never happened la la la la.

His teeth just hit the guys shoulder la la la.

;D ;D

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on June 25, 2014, 10:16:08 AM

;D ;D

That's super slowed down and makes it look a lot worse than it was  :o

ballinaman

Imagine if he was to play Germany....he'd surely be after a shoulder of lahm.

Here.All.Week

thebigfella

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2014, 09:34:35 AM
Tabarez the manager saying it's basically because everyone hates Tyrone Uruguay Jews.
It's a universal language really.

Is that not more your style?

haranguerer

Quote from: thebigfella on June 25, 2014, 10:21:24 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2014, 09:34:35 AM
Tabarez the manager saying it's basically because everyone hates Tyrone Uruguay Jews.
It's a universal language really.

Is that not more your style?

facepalm

quit yo jibbajabba

Have to say im incredibly disappointed in chielinnis reaction, goin round showing everyone the mark; extreme overreaction; could he not have been more like ivanovic and complain just a little and then just get on it with it; the big Italian should be disappointed with himself

#tounguefirmlyincheek
#nopunintended

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: EC Unique on June 25, 2014, 10:16:08 AM

;D ;D

Please dont tell me people think this image is actually real?

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-bite-swedish-gamblers-win

The online bookmaker Betsafe had been offering odds of 175-1 that the Uruguayan, twice banned for biting, would sink his teeth into an opponent during the World Cup in Brazil. Sure enough, more than 100 gamblers decided that it was worth a punt. When Suárez seemingly did just that to Chiellini near the end of their Group D clash in Natal, it was time to celebrate.

One winner, Jonathan Braeck from Stenungssund in Sweden, bet 80 Swedish krona (£7) that Suárez would bite, and the 23-year-old substitute teacher is now set for a payout of 14,000 krona (£1,225) for his wager.