The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 24, 2014, 10:19:08 PM
Greece would do well in the Ulster championship.

always some connaught hoor looking a bite.

StGallsGAA

QuoteIs biting worse than a deliberate leg breaking tackle ?

In terms of damage probably not but unless it's off the ball intent to harm is difficult to prove in a leg breaker tackle, no matter how aggressive.  There can be no question of intent to harm with a bite.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

never kickt a ball

Saurez never had much wisdom but this has crowned it. He will find it difficult to extract himself from this and will need a polished defence. He would be best to come clean and tell the tooth.

laoislad

I thought Samaras kicked the defender rather than the other way around.
Went down very easy.
Greece v Costa Rica now is it?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: laoislad on June 24, 2014, 10:53:36 PM
I thought Samaras kicked the defender rather than the other way around.
Went down very easy.
Greece v Costa Rica now is it?

Yes a game for the ages, the Dutch play Mexico and then the winner of that game. Should be a semi final for them.

Captain Obvious

After the 3-0 defeat in the opening game and a dull draw with Japan it seemed all over for Greece however fair play to them they never stopped believing and are just a win against Costa Rica from reaching the quarter finals.

WT4E

Quote from: laoislad on June 24, 2014, 09:45:35 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on June 24, 2014, 09:17:02 PM
Hope he isn't banned...want to put a few bets on...bites referee ...bites opposing manager..ect...money to be made.

Richard Helmersen placed 100 Norwegian Kroner, about €12, on Luis Suarez to bite someone at the World Cup at odds of 175/1. And, as we all know, that bet has come in, netting him just over two grand.

He told TV2, via Google Translate:
'It's really quite surreal. I sit the course to watching the game and when it happens it starts to tick the messages from buddies who knew I'd put money on it. It's quite fun. I started the only laugh. I thought, is he really so stupid that he does it again?'
'It was mostly for fun. But I knew that they were playing against Italy and England and it soon could be irritably'.

The odds says it all - serious bad odds for something so ludicrous!

omagh_gael

That was a stonewall penalty. Sio clearly clipped his striking foot. What were Ivory Coast at still going full pelt attack after equalising? Should have jammed their defence and held out for the draw.

muppet

When you see what Joey Barton did and then Kevin Keegan bringing him back into the team as quick as he could, then you can see the Nipper Suarez making his way back eventually.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 24, 2014, 11:06:53 PM
After the 3-0 defeat in the opening game and a dull draw with Japan it seemed all over for Greece however fair play to them they never stopped believing and are just a win against Costa Rica from reaching the quarter finals.

Costa Rica should beat them, if there is a god, Greece are shit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2014, 11:18:20 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 24, 2014, 11:06:53 PM

Costa Rica should beat them, if there is a god, Greece are shit
Just don't flush the toilet.