The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I picked Germany or Argentina to win it before the tournament started, still can't see anybody but these two winning it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

WT4E

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 24, 2014, 01:44:48 PM
I picked Germany or Argentina to win it before the tournament started, still can't see anybody but these two winning it.

Haven't seen much of Argentina - Have they been better than Brazil?

laoislad

I'm worried now. I have money on Argentina. With your record of predicting stuff I guess that is money I'll never see again. 
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Argentina have played well for about 20 mins over two games. On Saturday, Iran were denied the most blatant penalty of the tournament yet before Messi rescued them.

Nobody appears to be talking about the French. They've made a flying start.

AZOffaly

I thought the French might be good beforehand. I was impressed with their displays in the friendlies. Mind you they haven't had a very onerous group, so we'll only really know about them from now on. Even at that they are probably looking at Nigeria in the last 16. They are on course for Germany in the Quarters. That would be interesting.

J OGorman

Quote from: gallsman on June 24, 2014, 02:25:39 PM
Argentina have played well for about 20 mins over two games. On Saturday, Iran were denied the most blatant penalty of the tournament yet before Messi rescued them.

and Pogba is some operator. What a player

WT4E

Quote from: J OGorman on June 24, 2014, 02:44:11 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 24, 2014, 02:25:39 PM

and Pogba is some operator. What a player

And to think if he had of stayed at United what he would of become!!!!

Billys Boots

Quote from: laoislad on June 24, 2014, 02:16:45 PM

I'm worried now. I have money on Argentina. With your record of predicting stuff I guess that is money I'll never see again.

Post of the week - in Boots-world anyway.   :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 24, 2014, 02:29:05 PM
I thought the French might be good beforehand. I was impressed with their displays in the friendlies. Mind you they haven't had a very onerous group, so we'll only really know about them from now on. Even at that they are probably looking at Nigeria in the last 16. They are on course for Germany in the Quarters. That would be interesting.

Sure would. I was talking to a French woman and a German man once in college when the subject of Patrick Battiston and Toni Schumacher came up. She went mental, and he only made things worse by chuckling then guffawing. You'd swear there was a Munster title at stake.

Zip Code

Like the All-Ireland - would love to see someone new winning it.

Captain Obvious

Jell 0 Biafra

They will now with only ten men, but they weren't the first half.  Most of that was played in the Uruguayan half.  They just don't have anyone other than Balotelli as a potent attacking threat.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

FFS Suarez. Have a hamburger before the match or something.