The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

WT4E

I take it everyone will be lumping on a Germany USA draw. Due to a number of factors!

Rossie11

Draw is 6/4.. its suits both and the yanks wont mind finishing 2nd as they wont fear Belgium

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 23, 2014, 09:26:19 AM
Draw is 6/4.. its suits both and the yanks wont mind finishing 2nd as they wont fear Belgium
USA won't play for a draw according to Klinsmann  :-X

They had their chance last night but for some very naive defending.

WT4E

AZOffaly

Remember Germany and Austria back in 1982 ( I think) shafted Algeria? I wonder will the Germans and the German get together to shaft Ghana?

NAG1

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 23, 2014, 11:10:09 AM
Remember Germany and Austria back in 1982 ( I think) shafted Algeria? I wonder will the Germans and the German get together to shaft Ghana?

I hope they do shaft Ghana the African teams have been brutal to watch at this WC, seem to be more worried about the bonuses etc than actually playing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: NAG1 on June 23, 2014, 11:47:51 AM

I hope they do shaft Ghana the African teams have been brutal to watch at this WC, seem to be more worried about the bonuses etc than actually playing.

I thought Ghana were great against Germany.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 23, 2014, 11:51:51 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 23, 2014, 11:47:51 AM

I thought Ghana were great against Germany.

Ghana were excellent against Germany and battered the US for the second half in the opening game. Gimme their performances to the bore fests Belgium have served up!

Billys Boots

I still think Belgium will improve - they've done the bare minimum and have six points.  I imagine they'll be even worse in the last game.

Four out of five African nations could make the last 16 - Ghana and Cameroon look the least likely to make it through, though Ghana are possibly the best side of the five. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Cameroon have been poor so far, and I'm disappointed in them because I saw their friendly v Germany, and they were very open and attacking. Whether it's the pay dispute I don't know, but they have just been very negative and limited in this tournament.

Ivory Coast have been reasonable, wouldn't call them overly negative either. A but unlucky versus Colombia, but you'd imagine they are in good shape for 2nd place, only need a draw v a limited Greece team.

Nigeria have been boring enough, but again are probably in a good position to go through, unless Bosnia have lost interest and Iran can take them.

I thought Ghana have been good, but I do think Germany and USA will end up a draw.

Algeria were ultra negative against Belgium, but they were a revelation against South Korea. If they keep playing like that I'd love to see them going through, and they should be able to get a result off Russia if they do play that well.

Walter Cronc

Personally I dont think Belgium will improve. They look like a team of individuals. Plan A is get it to Hazard and plan B is get it to Hazard by any means. In saying that Mertens had a decent first half but drifted second. They lack pace in central areas with Witsel/Dembele/Fellaini playing. Vermaelen and Vertonghen are two donkeys.

J70

AZOffaly

Yeah, they have zero points, while Mexico have 4 and Brazil have 4 so they're out. The real game today is Mexico v Croatia. Basically knock out as Croatia have 3 points.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 23, 2014, 12:20:18 PM
Cameroon have been poor so far, and I'm disappointed in them because I saw their friendly v Germany, and they were very open and attacking. Whether it's the pay dispute I don't know, but they have just been very negative and limited in this tournament.

Ivory Coast have been reasonable, wouldn't call them overly negative either. A but unlucky versus Colombia, but you'd imagine they are in good shape for 2nd place, only need a draw v a limited Greece team.

Nigeria have been boring enough, but again are probably in a good position to go through, unless Bosnia have lost interest and Iran can take them.

I thought Ghana have been good, but I do think Germany and USA will end up a draw.

Algeria were ultra negative against Belgium, but they were a revelation against South Korea. If they keep playing like that I'd love to see them going through, and they should be able to get a result off Russia if they do play that well.

Now there is a boring team!!