The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakleafCounty

USA's big players had awful games. Bradley and Dempsey (apart from goal) were both anonymous. If they want to beat Portugal they will have to improve but I think they can.

AQMP

Group G was styled the Group of Death.  It appears Portugal, Ghana and USA are actually fairly limited teams.  The USA are in a good position to take the second place.  Portugal without Pepe, Coentrao and with Ronaldo looking less than 100% seem to be in a bit of trouble?

Billys Boots

Rakitic (Croatia) signing for Barcelona, apparently - nice footballer. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AQMP

I didn't see the Ivory Coast game and Algeria haven't played yet but the other African teams have been poor.  They need to bring back the  naive defending and attack a bit more!

AZOffaly

Was thinking the same thing. The African teams seem to have gone back a bit. Pele's prediction seems worse and worse with time, although Ghana should have made the semis last time around. Ghana were probably the better team last night, for a lot of the game, but Cameroon and Nigeria were poor, Ivory Coast were unconvincing and I doubt Algeria will be up to much.

fearsiuil

Will be some craic watching the Portuguese player reaction to some of Ghana's more robust challenges.

Shrewdness

With Brazil v Mexico kicking off at 8pm tonight, it will lead to a situation that i've never seen at a World Cup before. It means that by 10pm tonight, Brazil and Mexico will both have completed 2 matches before Russia and South Korea (@ 11pm) have even started one match.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 17, 2014, 07:38:32 AM
Yanks lucky to get out of that one alive.

Dunno about that.  For all Ghana's possession, Howard didn't have that much to do.

imtommygunn

Ghana's final ball was shocking for all their possession.

Couldn't believe how bad NIgeria were. Iran played for a draw but if they'd have pushed on maybe they could have won. When a player who is now out of contract at newcastle is your best player then you're in trouble.

ballinaman

Looking forward to seeing the Rooskies tonight, Capello has them playing decent ball. Steamrolled through qualification.

gallsman

Quote from: ballinaman on June 17, 2014, 03:29:31 PM
Looking forward to seeing the Rooskies tonight, Capello has them playing decent ball. Steamrolled through qualification.

I'm running on fumes at this stage having watched every match so far but will have to give this one a miss to catch up on some sleep. Russia could go far. Cracking team.

laoislad

Brazil will have two games played before Russia and South Korea have even started the tournament.
Not sure I can put in another late shift for the Russian game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

the Argentina game nearly killed me on Monday morning, so last night I went to bed and started to watch Ghana USA on the iPad. At 1-0 I was asleep. Not sure what to do tonight because I'm training the kids in GAA at 6.45 pm, so I have to tape delay watch Belgium, then catch up on Brazil. It'll be about midnight before I'm ready for the Russkies.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 17, 2014, 04:24:27 PM
the Argentina game nearly killed me on Monday morning, so last night I went to bed and started to watch Ghana USA on the iPad. At 1-0 I was asleep. Not sure what to do tonight because I'm training the kids in GAA at 6.45 pm, so I have to tape delay watch Belgium, then catch up on Brazil. It'll be about midnight before I'm ready for the Russkies.

I didn't know CIV-JPN was on on Saturday night/Sunday morning until Gary Lineker told me. Decent match but I'm still bloody suffering from the decision as I was up early to play football the following morning!

WT4E

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 17, 2014, 04:24:27 PM

How do you watch it on the iPad?