The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Should we bother stayin awake for this--this is atrocsious!

Snorefest
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 15, 2014, 11:57:28 PM
In 616 minutes at World Cup finals Messi has scored just one goal.
two goals now.

rossiewanderer

Little genius,He was like a woman with the painters in until that delightful strike.
Bosnia will make a mark on  this World Cup yet.

BennyHarp

Well that was worth staying up for. I'd love to see Messi dominate this World Cup. A goal in game 1 always helps.
That was never a square ball!!

Armaghgeddon

I had Switzerland win - France HT/FT and Argentina HT/FT very fortunate in all three. Switzerland won in last minute, France got a penalty just before HT and Argentina led by an own goal.

BennyHarp

Just watching the analysis by Shearer and Lennon on BBC1 here and remembered this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8fMbxLTpps
That was never a square ball!!

clarshack

Quote from: Gold on June 16, 2014, 12:09:40 AM
Should we bother stayin awake for this--this is atrocsious!

Snorefest

i thought it was intriguing tbh. bosnia were well setup and are technically good. they made it very difficult for argentina. bosnia would beat england comfortably.

rodney trotter

Been a great World Cup so far, goals in every game. Euro 12 was a brilliant tournament and this is much the same so far..

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 16, 2014, 12:55:48 AM
Just watching the analysis by Shearer and Lennon on BBC1 here and remembered this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8fMbxLTpps

I was thinking exactly the same. Wouldn't it nice to see big Neil get his revenge live on TV?

Captain Scarlet

Lads he is class but Messi was muck in the first half and seemed to be just not arsed. Then he came to life and the goal was special but he still coughed up the ball in the 2nd half too.
he played better after Argentina changed systems but if he is to be compared to Maradona he should be dictating things a bit more. The modern suoerstar seems to need everything in their perfect place for them to play.
If a lad these days is even 15 feet from his favourite position he gets excused and its the manager's fault.
Great tournament so far bar those Honduran brats!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

AZOffaly

Messi looked tired or hampered or something. I actually thought he was disinterested, but his explosion for the goal, followed by his reaction makes me think there might be something wrong with him. His attitude looks terrible when he doesn't have the ball, just walking around. Not bothering to try and win the ball back at all. Then when he got it, he seemed to really struggle to get away from people, and ran into trouble a lot. Looked like the sort thing a young lad dominating Minor 'C' club games would try and do when they make the county team.

I hope Argentina improve, and I think they will, but last night was not a great start.

DennistheMenace

First game of their World Cup campaign against a good Bosnia side, I'd suggest a win was a good start for them regardless how emphatic or not.