The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Yeah, great world cup so far. And I was roaring at the telly as that ape of a commentator on BBC was going on about the 'controversy' for the second goal. What a dolt. Even Martin Keown was trying to explain to him that it was fine. It's as if the commentator thought the play was over when the the ball hit the post.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 15, 2014, 10:35:12 PM
Yeah, great world cup so far. And I was roaring at the telly as that ape of a commentator on BBC was going on about the 'controversy' for the second goal. What a dolt. Even Martin Keown was trying to explain to him that it was fine. It's as if the commentator thought the play was over when the the ball hit the post.

It was ridiculous stuff,even my 9 year old girl  asked me what he was on about as it was clearly a goal!!!!

Great stuff so far, teams really seem to be going for it.  All buying into the samba atmosphere!!

AZOffaly

Maxi Rodriguez still playing for Argentina? Imagine Higuain is injured so they have to make do with Messi, Aguero and Di Maria.

Wildweasel74

Ah Honduras, what a bunch, wonder who you remind me off!!!!

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 15, 2014, 10:37:49 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 15, 2014, 10:35:12 PM

It was ridiculous stuff,even my 9 year old girl  asked me what he was on about as it was clearly a goal!!!!

Great stuff so far, teams really seem to be going for it.  All buying into the samba atmosphere!!
She knows more that Richard Keys does.

@richardajkeys: That wasn't in. At any time. Told you this technology wasn't fool proof.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 15, 2014, 10:40:04 PM
Maxi Rodriguez still playing for Argentina? Imagine Higuain is injured so they have to make do with Messi, Aguero and Di Maria.

Lavezzi has been pushing Higuain very hard for his spot recently so it might have little to do with injury if they go that way.

Lavezzi is a serious talent. Total burner and with Messi and Aguero up front with him that would be a trio that would run any defence ragged.

rodney trotter

Lavezzi was never going to be in ahead of Di Maria, in the form of his life

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 15, 2014, 10:57:45 PM
Lavezzi was never going to be in ahead of Di Maria, in the form of his life

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article/Lavezzi-challenging-Higuain-in-Argentina-attack-5547884.php

Lavezzi is much more of a winger/forward than Di Maria, I don't think that would have been the match-up. Interesting that neither Higuain or Lavezzi starts. Quite a cautious line-up, but their weakness is defence.

Captain Obvious

That should have been a black card for Messi

rossiewanderer

This Bosnia team are no joke. Bosnia will score soon

J OGorman

Captain Obvious

In 616 minutes at World Cup finals Messi has scored just one goal.

rossiewanderer

Argentina are poor,Very unbalanced.Bosnia need to believe and take some risks.

Balkan footballers are very skilled and technically sound.Pjanic is the best player on the park.Imagine if it was under the old Yugoslavian umbrella,They would be real contenders.

mouview

Quote from: rossiewanderer on June 15, 2014, 11:59:54 PM
Argentina are poor,Very unbalanced.Bosnia need to believe and take some risks.

Balkan footballers are very skilled and technically sound.Pjanic is the best player on the park.Imagine if it was under the old Yugoslavian umbrella,They would be real contenders.

Thoroughly agree, always were. Don't rate Di Maria as well as some others, very patchy. Talk of being given the door by Real before his form improved towards the end of the season.