Open Championship

Started by Geoff Tipps, July 12, 2010, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Have speculative bets on Rhys Davies and Ed Molinari, both 125-1.
Very confident of an Irish or British winner.
Here's the scores of some contenders from the Dunhill event which is played at the end of the season. The final round is played at St Andrews plus one other round.
McIlroy's scores are pretty impressive but I'm not backing him at anything less than 20's which is gone.

Mcillroy: 65/69
Donald 65/73
Westwood 67/69
Els 72/68
Harrington 70/66
Mcdowell 68/71

Karlsson 70/65
Fisher 76/65
Casey 70/68
Mcilroy 68/67
Westwood 70/68
Harrington 71/71
Goosen 67/71
Rose 74/74

gerrykeegan

Just started a thread 10 seconds after you!
Hard to believe Rory is second favourite. PP are paying first 7 places! Will O'Neill be backing big Darren? Will Laois Lad be following Westwood? I havent made my mind up, waiting for Maddogs tip to come in at Ayr before deciding. 
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

The Real Laoislad

I actually think Woods might win this.

Should be a great week of golf nonetheless,would love to see a Irish or even British winner.
I'm a big fan of Casey and Westwood so either of them would be a popular winner for me anyways.

Harrington is suppose to be back to his best in mind and body and swing according to his coach,blah blah blah we have heard the same thing before the other two majors this year,and they ended badly.
I would like to see him win of course but I have my doubts if he is as good a golfer now as he was when he won back to back Open's.

Shane Lowry also qualified for this so would be nice to see him make the cut.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 12, 2010, 01:34:13 PM
Just started a thread 10 seconds after you!
Hard to believe Rory is second favourite. PP are paying first 7 places! Will O'Neill be backing big Darren? Will Laois Lad be following Westwood? I havent made my mind up, waiting for Maddogs tip to come in at Ayr before deciding.
:D Ah f**k ya am I that predictable  :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bogball XV

No reason why Lowry won't make the cut, links golf after all.  Tiger has to be fav given his record here, but he's playing terribly and couldn't be backed at 11/2.
What about going back to your mate Garcia LL, could be worth a punt at 100/1 odd - again in terrible form, but putting not as important here.

Poulter is my own bet, maybe Donald and a few like Garcia and Scott at 100's for old times sake.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 12, 2010, 02:02:25 PM
No reason why Lowry won't make the cut, links golf after all.  Tiger has to be fav given his record here, but he's playing terribly and couldn't be backed at 11/2.
What about going back to your mate Garcia LL, could be worth a punt at 100/1 odd - again in terrible form, but putting not as important here.

Poulter is my own bet, maybe Donald and a few like Garcia and Scott at 100's for old times sake.

Tired of wasting my money on him,he'll probably win now though  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thewobbler

Furyk, Rose and McDowell will each burn a hard earned fiver for me. All in good form, all good links players. In a horse race they would be the value bets.

Hedley Lamarr

Have gone for Angel Cabrera @ 80/1, and Ben Curtis @110/1
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Bogball XV

nobody in the world in better form than Rose, has the open pedigree too, well, once anyway.

ONeill

Yes, have £3.75 EW on the Big Puddin.

1420 & 0909 Colin Montgomerie, Phil Mickelson (US), Retief Goosen (RSA) - some craic and banter there
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Geoff Tipps

Here's a betting preview. Goes for most of the big names but some interesting outsiders:

http://www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk/British_Open_Championship_Preview.htm

Dave Tindall's preview from Golf365 is usually worth a read. He should post it today I'd imagine.

gerrykeegan

Aiken, Thomas @ 250/1
Curtis, Ben @ 125/1
Love, Davis @ 150/1
Overton, Jeff @ 125/1

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

FermGael

What sort of form is Goosen in this weather??  Available at  60/1.

I think that Chris Wood may be worth a punt at 80/1.
Has finished in the top 5 in the last 2 Opens i think.  Joint fifth in 08 and third last year.
As far as i can remember he was an amateur for at least one of those.

Will also back Leonard at 150/1
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

beer baron

How's that ould fecker Jimenez playing thes days?Backed him in the past at some big prices and got a run for my money-never won mind you!