Open Championship

Started by Geoff Tipps, July 12, 2010, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: thewobbler on July 18, 2010, 08:39:18 PM
Re-read the 1st 3 pages of this thread and you'll understand why betting on golf is pointless. Nobody even got a top 6 player if I'm remembering right, even though half the field was named.

Amazing stat. Not one person got anyone in the top 7.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magickingdom on July 18, 2010, 05:19:11 PM
i never thought a major could be boring but this certainly has

Yeah it was poor enough but there wasn't anything else on worth watching today.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Ah come on there must be some lying **** that had £50 ew on him ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thewobbler

Laoislad, you mentioned you'd a soft spot for both of them rather than a wager. I don't think the bookies would pay out without the slip ;-)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: thewobbler on July 18, 2010, 10:11:50 PM
Laoislad, you mentioned you'd a soft spot for both of them rather than a wager. I don't think the bookies would pay out without the slip ;-)

I also backed them as I do in every Major!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 07, 2010, 10:59:11 AM
i've always liked the look of alvaro quiros for this tournament, he didn't go well last year, but was a debutant. 
McIlroy could give this a go and his price is starting to get tempting.  O'Hair is another excellent player and is available at 66/1 and another good longshot is Louis Oosthuizen, he has just recorded the elusive first win and he really could train on well, he's probably about 200/1 too.  As you never know what tiger will do, i prefer betting without him and the betfair prices are much the same without him.  Another I might back is Garcia, I don't really think it's his type of course (but he was third here a few years ago), but 75/1 is worth taking on somebody who might someday win a major!

Barring the above, the more realistic winners should include Stricker who doesn't seem to get the credit that being second in the world deserves (if he still is, can't be bothered checking), he's nearly treble Els' odds??

So I posted before the Masters :'( :'( :'( :'(

Hedley Lamarr

Betting on golf.......money from America for the bookies.

The last time I drew money was when Langer won the Masters :-[
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

stephenite

A good performance from McIlroy to finish 3rd considering he shot 80 on one round

Orior

Did anyone hear a lot of whistling during the Open?

It always seemed to happen when the camera was on Louis. Oh hang on, maybe it was the wind whistling through Louis's teeth.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians