DUBLIN V ARMAGH sat 17th @ 5.00pm croke park

Started by lawnseed, July 11, 2010, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Not long through the door here, not got much to say about the match yet, have read some of the comments on here and agree with some but disagree with others, I will get to that

I met Ulick and hardstation earlier, 2 nice blokes, especially Ulick, gushing over how beautiful my son is  :D  ;D

Don't worry, normal service will be resumed shortly
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

heffo

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 17, 2010, 06:29:48 PM
Dublin = Shite
Armagh  = even worse shite

So where does that leave Laois? Pull out of Sam Maguire and enter the Junior AI?

Sure look on the bright side, your erstwhile IC star who retired from IC football and then engaged in a bidding war with a neighbouring club of yours (having done a lucrative two year stint with them) with the LCB emerging the winners has come off the payroll and the LCB wont have to pay anymore players to play IC football anymore, though Colm Parkinson said in a recent interview castigating Micko that he's 'thinking about playing for Laois next year'.

The future is bright. The future is Laois.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on July 17, 2010, 09:13:06 PM
Can't say the booing thing ever really bothered me tbh.
Kind of like being at a panto.  :P

Well I hope it doesn't bother you Jinkxy cos both sets of fans were doing it last Sunday at Sludden-gate!

lawnseed

the ref was very good i thought although he made a couple of boobs in armaghs favour
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

armaghniac

QuoteAnd we've won championship games, which is not to be sniffed at. This year we've equalled our win tally for the three previous years combined.

Not so. We won an Ulster title two years ago, winning games in the process and beat Dublin well in the the league. The Ulster win was fortunate, to be sure, but McDonnell's first year was modest success until the second half of the Wexford game. Neither Derry, Donegal nor Fermanagh are as good as two or three years ago.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hound

Well as me auntie said afterwards "Isnt it unbelievable that Armagh were worse". I think that sums it up.

Still, I'm delighted with the win.

Cluxton's kickouts were generally fantastic - what a player, definite All Star this year  ;D

The full back line are young and green, and will get hammered from time to time. But I'm very happy that Gilroy is sticking with them, and I thought they did well today - particularly Philly.

I know one or two might have been advocating throwing Kevin Nolan to the scrapheap after he disappointed v Tipp, but again Gilroy was rewarded for showing some faith in a young lad. Super performance from Kev.

Midfield was generally awful. McConnell and Fennell caught no contested high ball. McAuley was very good in parts, but didnt win enough primary possession for me. However, he caught two super high balls in the last few minutes, which were instrumental in our win. I don't particularly rate Big Darren, but he's better than McConnell and Fennell, so time to bring him back.

I love Cullen, but thought he was very mediocre today. He never got into the game, contributed nothing, and was lucky to last as long as he did.

Corkery and O'Gara were disappointing IMO.

Al had a very good first half and was instrumental in bringing us back from 6-2 down to level. Not so hot in the 2nd half and I wish he wouldnt take on shots from ridiculous angles.

Bernard was sensational. Our best fielder today among other things.. I'd nearly play him midfield, only we'd have nobody to kick scores!

McManamon and Andrews were very medicore today, and did nothing to justify the calls from supporters for their inclusion. Conal Keaney is far better than either IMO. EDIT - Both were actually much better than I thought in replay, so I got that completely wrong! Tho I'd still prefer CK.

Flynn did reasonably well, and kicked a great point. The kick up the butt from Gilroy might have done the trick. If he could get rid of the hint of laziness, he could be a proper footballer, because he has all the ability.

Roll on Round 4!!  8)

heffo

Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 18, 2010, 12:36:41 AM
been told by a very good source that was Steven McDonnells last game.

Hopefully not - plenty left to contribute yet

lawnseed

JEZ! TYP i didnt think mal was armaghs worst offender. but your right vernon was crap and kernan was close behind him, the two cross lads comming on with seconds to go was the biggest joke of all and had to be murtaghs idea. forget that we needed every second to possibly fluke a "meathie" but neither of the lads have exactly lit up the championship. we already had a guy giving the ball away all the time ???

All of a Sludden

Quote from: heffo on July 18, 2010, 12:41:27 AM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 18, 2010, 12:36:41 AM
been told by a very good source that was Steven McDonnells last game.

Hopefully not - plenty left to contribute yet

I heard earlier this year that this would be his last year. He is carrying that team.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

nobackdoor

I think Armagh peaked in this years division 2 final, it's been all downhill since there apart from some facile wins over poor Uster teams.

IMO Steven McDonnell should have retired a couple of years ago. He was worse than useless last year. This year, he was far more enthusiastic, but the supporting cast are not up to the task.

Armagh are light years behind what's required and as other posters have said, they're better to be knocked out at this stage, than suffer a hiding at HQ from Cork or Kerry.
The backdoor has ruined it

lawnseed

wouldn't blame Stevie if he did quit, he was definitely peed off there today but hes only 31 according to TV3. something tells me paddy mckeever is younger than that and he quit.

ardmhachaabu

There were multiple schoolboy errors from men who should know better, men couldn't shoot, pass properly. It seemed to me the only thing most were confident in was handpassing. Half forwards were playing deep in our own half for the entire game! Bullshit, it didn't work under McDonnell, why would it suddenly work under O'Rourke? There seemed to be no ideas on the line, the substitutions they made were both stupid and too late in the day

That's the best I can do right now but it sums it up
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Jinxy

Quote from: heffo on July 18, 2010, 12:13:19 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 17, 2010, 09:13:06 PM
Can't say the booing thing ever really bothered me tbh.
Kind of like being at a panto.  :P

Well I hope it doesn't bother you Jinkxy cos both sets of fans were doing it last Sunday at Sludden-gate!

Us Meath fans were saying "Boo-urns!"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

lawnseed

o'rourke must go. mc alinden  is the man! and get rid of these rugby gym bunnies, our lads are like oil tankers its taking the whole pitch to get them turned

All of a Sludden

Quote from: lawnseed on July 18, 2010, 12:51:39 AM
wouldn't blame Stevie if he did quit, he was definitely peed off there today

What happened that he was peed off? I didnt see the game
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.