DUBLIN V ARMAGH sat 17th @ 5.00pm croke park

Started by lawnseed, July 11, 2010, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

our_fella

Following on from Omagh_Gaels point, Armagh should blood the likes of McVerry, McKenna, Donnelly, Grugan, McParland, Murnin from the minors with members from last years u21 team like Comiskey, Harold etc next year during the McKenna Cup

fitzroyalty

Hopefully they do blood some younger players but what older players are going to make way? The team is specifically in need of HFs. I also wouldn't be calling for O'Rourke's head just yet, he wasn't given a chance at the start and tbh he hasn't been given a lot to work with.

Armaghgeddon

Armagh need a HF line that can score big time. It would have made a huge difference this game because the FF 's were getting all the attention.

Lavery should have been put on earlier as he won some ball in midfield.

Defence need to tighten up.

Quicker ball upfield is needed. Too many hand passes and mistakes. Armagh looked like they had all the time in the world and at time there was no urgency.

Today Vernon never had a grea game, although he lost the ball a few times the Dublin defenders had to be drawn out, they absolutely flooded the Armagh FF's.

One positive that can be taken from today is the 6-7 different scorers.

I also think that both teams were crap and Dublin are heading for a hammering if they meet Monaghan/Tyrone - they are the two teams they have tp avoid. Also think that Limerick would run them close.

lawnseed

all POR has done is carryon where peter mcdonnell left off. peter got blasted with both barrels. once you hear a manager talking about enjoying the croke park experience or expressing themselves you know that he nothing but donkey pooh between his ears. our team were slow to the ball, they hand passed laterally and backwards instead of getting it up the fecken field quickly. we STILL have arron kernan holding up the ball, and passing the buck, getting caught in possession, a good manager would sit down with this guy and watch that game over and over, go through his stats, and tell him in no uncertain terms that hes one of the main reasons that we are getting beat, and that hes gonna be told to stay at home if he doesnt get the finger out. same story with charlie vernon his fecking around and shite passing cost us a handy win. the reason vernon didnt merit tight marking is because he cant shoot..  does no one ask how come stevie and young clarke were able to be double teamed? SIMPLE because our half fowards are in the half back line fouling and giving fellas who CAN shoot from distance easy scores from frees.

the only man imo that can turn this around is brian mc alinden and if i was on the county board i'd be at his door
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

INDIANA

happy with the result. Haven't beaten armagh for 30 years in the championship and we were owed one today.

An awful game though. Armagh are going nowhere really. Certainly thats the worst armagh team I've seen since the mid-90's. Its truly diffciult to put into words how bad armagh are. I can't find the right adjective they are so poor.

O Carroll had a fine game for dublin. Mc auley as well. Cullen played well at WF and B Brogan- well where would we be without him? A poor game though. the skills deficit on display though for senior inter county players was truly unbelievable.

Take the win anyway. But its the last 8 at best unless we get a really soft draw. Wouldn't mind a road trip. Only 25k in Croker. So no justification for having it on there.

loughshore lad

Couldn't believe how many times Armagh both carried the ball into, and lost the ball in, the tackle.  Not a great advertisement for McGurn's capabilities as a strength and conditioning coach.

Armagh look like a team who don't play much football in training.  There is no fluency to their play at all, their play is so laboured and slow. 

centrefield

Quote from: gerry on July 17, 2010, 06:31:19 PM
the booing of the so call  dublin fans a disgrace when stevie taking his frees
totally agree..they are the only fans in the country i have seen first hand do this and to be honest i taught it was a joke! stevie sud have been taken off frees wen tony kernan came on or tried them outa his hands or something...both stevie and clarke were doubled marked and we wud never win with such a senario as that!

armaghniac

Poor crowd, poor game. As noted by other Armagh had no sense of urgency whatsoever and often give the ball away needlessly. Yet we had our chances, apart from the goal and a silly turnover or two less and an ability to get a reasonable proportion of 45s. Dublin seem more determined in tacklling, but are not going to worry Kerry or Cork on today's display. McAuley seems a useful addition for Dublin, there was hardly a standout player for Armagh, but there will little good ball into the Stevie and Jamie. Vernon and Kernan are not without talent, but they haven't found a proper role.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

INDIANA

Quote from: centrefield on July 17, 2010, 08:32:28 PM
totally agree..they are the only fans in the country i have seen first hand do this and to be honest i taught it was a joke! stevie sud have been taken off frees wen tony kernan came on or tried them outa his hands or something...both stevie and clarke were doubled marked and we wud never win with such a senario as that!

Ah yes its the dublins fans fault that Armagh have few players who can kick the ball accurately with one foot. Actually how many armagh players can even handpass properly? Unreal the amount of turnovers dublin got on basic handpassing errors. Armagh were physically bossed today. You'd wonder what Mc Gurn is doing with them.

Jinxy

You mustn't go to many games.
Especially Louth games.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Canalman

Utter nonsensical utterances about the booing. Every county's fans are at it. Lazy anti-Dub waffle again.

Cde

your talking sh1t man   was watching the Kildare Derry match and there was none of it  and am watching the Cork Waterford match now and none of it either

Dinny Breen

there was plenty of it in the Kildare v Antrim games, the Kildare fans were particularly bad in Newbridge.
#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

QuoteUtter nonsensical utterances about the booing. Every county's fans are at it. Lazy anti-Dub waffle again.

It may happen to some extent elsewhere, but Dublin are the main exponents. Other fans tend to boo only if they disagree with the decision to award the free. Dublin also jeer other teams coming on and off the pitch,  like the Antrim hurlers today. In the 2003 league game I was astonished that many around me booed when Armagh came on the pitch, this after the previous years semi final which was without any spite or contention.

Quoteand am watching the Cork Waterford match now and none of it either

In fairness the Cork crowd did somewhat boo the Waterford entry for extra time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

We got a bit of it in Sligo, but it is usually kids rather than anything worth bothering about.
MWWSI 2017