DUBLIN V ARMAGH sat 17th @ 5.00pm croke park

Started by lawnseed, July 11, 2010, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 17, 2010, 05:26:39 PM
Why was this game played in Croke Park??  Just heard there on the radio that there is 20,000 or so at it - so basically Croke Park is 1/4 full!!!  Would this not have been a perfect game to have in some provincial ground packed to the rafters???

How many does Drogehda hold?  I know Breffni holds about 24,000 fully loaded - there would have been a great atmosphere in such a ground with the same attendance as today

Loss making exercise today then ! Not worth opening the gates for that crowd.

Jinxy

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 17, 2010, 05:30:47 PM
Mackin must be one of the slowest inter county footballers playing at the moment though he scored an absolute beauty there.

Keaney must surely come on for O'Gara at HT.

O'Gara is just jogging around the place.
Looks to me like a lad that thinks he's a lot better than he is.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

lynchbhoy

jezuz, right now Dublin are giving Derry a run for worst perf of the day...that would have taken some doing I'd have thought !

Jinxy

Bernard Brogan is the best forward in the country bar none.
He's doing it on his own.

GalwayBayBoy

Jinxy

If Dublin can get someone to help Brogan in the FF line they'll run away with this.
Keaney has to start the 2nd half.

Celt_Man

Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2010, 05:31:15 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on July 17, 2010, 05:26:39 PM
Why was this game played in Croke Park??  Just heard there on the radio that there is 20,000 or so at it - so basically Croke Park is 1/4 full!!!  Would this not have been a perfect game to have in some provincial ground packed to the rafters???

How many does Drogehda hold?  I know Breffni holds about 24,000 fully loaded - there would have been a great atmosphere in such a ground with the same attendance as today

Loss making exercise today then ! Not worth opening the gates for that crowd.

Aye indeed.  Isn't it about 35,000 plus needed to cover themselves or is that just a popular myth?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Armaghgeddon

our_fella

Duffy + Vernon have been the main reasons for dublins scores, constantly running into tackles and losing the ball. Lavery musnt be fit if Feeney has to come on for Toner   :-\

bennydorano

Toner off (presumably injured) to be replaced by joe Feeney.  Management has money on the Dubs.

Niether of these teams deserve to go any further, really infuriatingly bad game.  Dont want to put the blink on him but the much maligned Vincie Martin having a great game, few having nightmares.

The carbon copy tactics are neutering the game.

When we beat Derry I thought we did what we had to do to win, assuming when things were different we'd revert to a more expansive game, that's the great shame of this set up-we haven't it is the same oul shite.

joemamas

Is it me or do a lot of Armagh players seem to be labouring.

Dublin seem physically sharper, does not mean they will will. Mind you I am impressed with their tackling.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: our_fella on July 17, 2010, 05:41:37 PM
Duffy + Vernon have been the main reasons for dublins scores, constantly running into tackles and losing the ball. Lavery musnt be fit if Feeney has to come on for Toner   :-\

Spot on, Vernon very average footballer and thats being kind.

Celt_Man

Only half watched that opening half... not great stuff at all... The Chronicles of Narnia on RTÉ 1 is looking very tempting....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Square Ball on July 17, 2010, 04:52:11 PM
any live streams for this? TV3 showing it, but only to viewers in the ROI  >:(

Watching in the States on this link

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/todaygaa
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014