Restaurants you wouldn't recommend to anyone

Started by ardmhachaabu, July 10, 2010, 05:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

Quote from: lawnseed on July 12, 2010, 11:51:15 PM
dont bother with the riverbank killanny co monaghan, after all the great reports i finally got there sat nite past. its below average, they do a 4 course for 20euro, the attitude seems to be "what do you expect for 20 euros"

Never had a bad meal in it

southdown

Whistledown in Warrenpoint is superb, not really in line with this thread though :-\

WeeDonns

QuoteKam Wah (RIP)
I wish now i had recommended it to more people and it might still be open today.
It definitely beat joining the queue over the road

The Real Laoislad

dont bother with the riverbank killanny co monaghan, after all the great reports i finally got there sat nite past. its below average, they do a 4 course for 20euro, the attitude seems to be "what do you expect for 20 euros"

A girl in Amsterdam said the exact same thing to me once
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Radda bout yeee

Thought this would be the best place for this query:

I recently got free membership to the gourmet dining society (sounds a tad gay i know) anyhow does anyone use this and is it worth it?

johnneycool

Quote from: WeeDonns on July 13, 2010, 05:31:46 PM
QuoteKam Wah (RIP)
I wish now i had recommended it to more people and it might still be open today.
It definitely beat joining the queue over the road

In no mans language was the Kam Wah ever a restaurant.

How health and safety ever let that place stay open beggared belief.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 13, 2010, 05:36:51 PM

A girl in Amsterdam said the exact same thing to me once

Your first car?
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

the fiddlers cmx. hes no better with the pan than he is a manager very poor fayre
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mannix

oliver st john gogartys in templebar,dublin served up wicked stuff and when i complained i was  told to leave, this was o my lunchbreak during the week. thankfully their trade has suffered from the recession.

Tony Baloney

Famous Grouse, Loughgall. Plenty of grub but looks like something you'd give the dog, served on plates my granny would have threw out 10 years ago for being old fashioned.

heganboy

i think you'll find the grouse is in Ballyhegan...

(not sure we want to claim it though)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hardy

Old fashioned plates! I hope you stormed out and that a huff was waiting so that you could depart in it.

seafoid

I miss the Kam Wah even though I only heard about it today.
Where does the last ditch shifting take place now that it is gone?

thebigfella

Quote from: heganboy on April 13, 2011, 12:55:38 PM
i think you'll find the grouse is in Ballyhegan...

(not sure we want to claim it though)

Ballyhagan?  :D