Restaurants you wouldn't recommend to anyone

Started by ardmhachaabu, July 10, 2010, 05:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Whats funny about "Ballyhegan" and why have you spelt it like "Ballyhagan"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

thebandit

Quote from: lawnseed on April 12, 2011, 10:26:07 PM
the fiddlers cmx. hes no better with the pan than he is a manager very poor fayre

Again, I'd have to stand up for it

thebigfella

Quote from: illdecide on April 13, 2011, 02:14:08 PM

Because you'll find the Grouse is in Ballyhagan, we'll if you go by their website, google maps etc........

WeeDonns

Quote from: johnneycool on April 11, 2011, 04:27:18 PM
Quote from: WeeDonns on July 13, 2010, 05:31:46 PM
QuoteKam Wah (RIP)
I wish now i had recommended it to more people and it might still be open today.
It definitely beat joining the queue over the road

In no mans language was the Kam Wah ever a restaurant.

How health and safety ever let that place stay open beggared belief.

Well it had a table - no chairs iirc, but a table, so you could eat in. Therefore a restaurant of sorts  :-\
They didn't let it stay open, thats why its long gone! The emerald on the other hand - still going strong. I don't think I'll ever delete their number from my phone.

Maguire01

Quote from: thebandit on April 13, 2011, 02:29:03 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 12, 2011, 10:26:07 PM
the fiddlers cmx. hes no better with the pan than he is a manager very poor fayre

Again, I'd have to stand up for it
And who knows what 'fayre' is!
Never eaten there myself.

ardal

Most places I've been to I've been to have been grand; it was the occasion more than the food that mattered. Two places do stand out on the island that I was really pissed off with.

That fecker Rankins place in Belfast; Shafstbury square????

Friends of mine brought their mother there for her 75th. I attended also. They asked for ketchup and the tosser came out to laugh. It's his food fair enough, but who pays the salaries?

Another place in the ´fast.

Head out of Botanic station and it's a bit up on your right. Has a piano in the foyer. Brought the missus out there, splashed out, ordered the grub, then found out that potatoes / veg etc were extra; and I mean about 10 quid per wee plate, needed to hit the ulster bank cash machine across the road when I got the bill.

Ruby Tuesdays ( or whatever it's called) on the Lisburn road, great for breakfast.

Franko

Quote from: illdecide on April 13, 2011, 02:14:08 PM

The child is easily amused.