Kids into Croker

Started by blast05, July 09, 2010, 09:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

Anyone know how young kids would have to be to be let into Croke Park without a ticket ? I have a 2 year old that i will probably have to bring on Sunday - will she need a ticket (she wouldn't need a seat) ? And is it the same for box tickets ?

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: blast05 on July 09, 2010, 09:57:25 AM
Anyone know how young kids would have to be to be let into Croke Park without a ticket ? I have a 2 year old that i will probably have to bring on Sunday - will she need a ticket (she wouldn't need a seat) ? And is it the same for box tickets ?

regardless of age, they will need a ticket, its to do with insurance. Your brave, a two year old in Croker on a showery sunday in july. Best of luck with it.

Shamrock Shore

Yes - even a new-born would need a ticket.

God be with the days when you'd be 'lifted' over the stiles.

My first All Ireland final to attend was 1975 as an 8 year old when I sat on my Dad's knee. Offical attendance was probably 10,000 shy of the real number.

AbbeySider

No disrespect Blast, but could you not give a babysitter the price of the ticket and sell the ticket to someone who will actually have interest in the match and the capacity to understand whats happening?

I dont understand people bringing babies and very young children to Croke Park, especially on big days like All Ireland finals.

That said, I do understand the difficulty that parents have and its not always as black and white as I have portrayed, but if it was a problem id just stay at home.  ;)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 09, 2010, 10:25:39 AM

No disrespect Blast, but could you not give a babysitter the price of the ticket and sell the ticket to someone who will actually have interest in the match and the capacity to understand whats happening?

I dont understand people bringing babies and very young children to Croke Park, especially on big days like All Ireland finals.

That said, I do understand the difficulty that parents have and its not always as black and white as I have portrayed, but if it was a problem id just stay at home.  ;)

i doubt sundays Match will be all ticket Abbeysider so i doubt that blast05 2 year old will be preventing any fan from seeing the match. In fairness its a ball having to pay full whack for a ticket knowing that you will have an empty seat beside you as your child will most likely be sitting on your knees for most of the match
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

blast05

QuoteThat said, I do understand the difficulty that parents have and its not always as black and white as I have portrayed

Correct

stephenite

The wife's from Meath if I recall correctly? Feck the begrudgers and enjoy the day out as a family

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 09, 2010, 10:24:17 AM

My first All Ireland final to attend was 1975 as an 8 year old when I sat on my Dad's knee. Offical attendance was probably 10,000 shy of the real number.

God be with the days indeed, Jaysus I must have been pushing 12 when the aul lad was still lifting me over...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 09, 2010, 02:37:19 PM

God be with the days indeed, Jaysus I must have been pushing 12 when the aul lad was still lifting me over...

pheeww i'm glad there was some one else who was 12 or older when they were lifted over the stiles   ;) :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

mannix

I had my 2 year old at the mayo sligo game, "come on mayo" and  "close him down" were all fine until "conor ,ya f ------g eejit" capped it and I had to shut my mouth.They repeat everything you say. Its hard to watch a game with them in tow, neither women and children have no place in croke park for a championship game.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 09, 2010, 02:41:50 PM

pheeww i'm glad there was some one else who was 12 or older when they were lifted over the stiles   ;) :D

Must be something in the aul Connacht DNA to really push the boat out. I remember one time the aul lad pushed a few of us past your man on the gate saying we were all minors & I was nearly bigger than ur man...  :D

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 09, 2010, 03:12:28 PM

Must be something in the aul Connacht DNA to really push the boat out. I remember one time the aul lad pushed a few of us past your man on the gate saying we were all minors & I was nearly bigger than ur man...  :D

it must be croi  :D, jesus for a second there i was picturing your dad lifting the whole lot of ye over the stiles and ye all shaving   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 09, 2010, 03:27:53 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 09, 2010, 03:12:28 PM

it must be croi  :D, jesus for a second there i was picturing your dad lifting the whole lot of ye over the stiles and ye all shaving

:D Nah, it was literally a man on a gate, could well have been the old O'Connor Park...

Bud Wiser

Why don't you just ring Croke Park and ask for one of the Ms McCoys or Peter McKenna and simply ask them can you bring a two year old. 01-8363222.  Job Done.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

donelli

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on July 09, 2010, 10:12:52 AM

regardless of age, they will need a ticket, its to do with insurance. Your brave, a two year old in Croker on a showery sunday in july. Best of luck with it.
insurance me bollix. its all money money to them... you can bring an under 3yd old on a bus eireann or dublin bus for free, yet bring them into a half fiilled croke park and they spout the usual health and safety rubbish.... the bus scenario would be more dangerous than bring a child into a seated area..
took a 6 month old to croker a few years back to a quarter final (50k at it) and was denied access unless i got a ticket fot him!! ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!