Armagh 2002 All-Ireland Winning Team to play again

Started by As Cheide, July 04, 2010, 08:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana Man

I mind playing Derrynoose in a friendly a few years back, it was a week night and there was men coming from work, from belfast and 1 or 2 fromtheir cot by the look of it but we decided to meet in keady square first as no one knew where the pitch was.

Anyway long story short we were waiting at the square and this big traveller, about 6'4, long black hair and built like a shithouse was standing tying up his horse and cart to the lampost. He then staggers over to the doorway of a bar and the bouncer (btw never seen a bouncer on a local pub on a wednesday night) wouldn't let him in, understandable as this fella was as full as a hoor's purse.

Anyway he staggers back onto the trap and pulls up at another bar, same result. At this stage we leave and head to derrynoose, anyway about 10 minutes into the game i was standing near our goals, ball was up the other end and I could hear the clip clap of horses hooves on the tarmac getting louder and louder, then into the carpark swings yer man sideroads on the horse and cart!

He was out to the club to get drink, must have had some drooth on, I never seen the likes of it before, the boy i was marking jtook one look and rolled his eyes as if it was a common everyday occurence  :D

As Cheide

Quote from: lawnseed on July 05, 2010, 11:17:46 PM
this is just a taster of what will almost certainly take place in keady, the whole thing will end up in tears. once the local indians get the fire water they just cant help showing the real side of keady. i wouldnt go to it without bringing my baseball bat and my ninja army and maybe a few cage fighters. what a hole ::)

I certainly hope that not many think like you; we are just a few "grass roots" GAA people doing our best with a bit of fund raising for our new club house recently completed at a cost of £500k.

illdecide

I wouldn't listen to them, every town and village in Ireland has their hallions and Keady is no different. I hope you get a good day with a big crowd to help the club, I'm sure John has put a lot of time and effort in to organise this and hope its a success
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on July 05, 2010, 11:22:07 PM
For what it is worth I withdraw the term lowlife. I don't know the man and I can't say that. Let me rephrase it as a player with one of the poorest disciplinary records in intercounty football.

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 05, 2010, 11:30:47 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 05, 2010, 11:22:07 PM
For what it is worth I withdraw the term lowlife. I don't know the man and I can't say that. Let me rephrase it as a player with one of the poorest disciplinary records in intercounty football.

I withdraw the term "sc**bag". Let me rephrase it as a player who has difficulties understanding the role of water carrier.

Fair play to both you guys.

I hope everyone on the board sees these two posts, and learns from them. This is how adults behave.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on July 06, 2010, 12:34:54 PM
I wouldn't listen to them, every town and village in Ireland has their hallions and Keady is no different. I hope you get a good day with a big crowd to help the club, I'm sure John has put a lot of time and effort in to organise this and hope its a success

+1.

rrhf

I wish Keady all the best with their fundraiser - theres been some childish stuff on here so far, and I also hope that Marsden can stay on the field for the full hour. 

Mack the finger

Good luck to keady, sounds like a great venture. Will be hoping to make it
down on Sunday.

Ignore idiots like lawnseed, only a troll.

As Cheide

Thanks to you all for your supporting remarks - now just arrive on Sat evening! Lineouts are not yet finalised but the following have so far committed to definitely playing; F Bellew, J McNulty, John and Tony Mac, Oisin, John Toal, Philip Loughran, Paul McGrane, Paddy McKeever, Andy McCann, Bumpy O'Hagan and Kieran Hughes (injury doubt) and a few of last year's victorious AI Minor Team. Also attending but not playing for obvious reasons will be Stevie and Ronan Clarke. Team Manager will be Paul Grimley! Hopefully more to follow.
The "Others" will def include Seamus McCallan, Neil Smyth, Houlie, Dinky McBride, Mark Reilly, Martin McQuillan, Alan O'Neill, Shane King, Declan McKernan and possibly Dessie Farrell, Trevor Giles, Darren Fay and Henry Downey. Also expect a few surprises.
Should be enjoyable!

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Orior

Quote from: As Cheide on July 06, 2010, 08:44:21 PM
Thanks to you all for your supporting remarks - now just arrive on Sat evening! Lineouts are not yet finalised but the following have so far committed to definitely playing; F Bellew, J McNulty, John and Tony Mac, Oisin, John Toal, Philip Loughran, Paul McGrane, Paddy McKeever, Andy McCann, Bumpy O'Hagan and Kieran Hughes (injury doubt) and a few of last year's victorious AI Minor Team. Also attending but not playing for obvious reasons will be Stevie and Ronan Clarke. Team Manager will be Paul Grimley! Hopefully more to follow.
The "Others" will def include Seamus McCallan, Neil Smyth, Houlie, Dinky McBride, Mark Reilly, Martin McQuillan, Alan O'Neill, Shane King, Declan McKernan and possibly Dessie Farrell, Trevor Giles, Darren Fay and Henry Downey. Also expect a few surprises.
Should be enjoyable!

There are a few names in there that must be costing you an arm and a leg!

As Cheide

Quote from: Orior on July 06, 2010, 10:59:19 PM
Quote from: As Cheide on July 06, 2010, 08:44:21 PM
Should be enjoyable!

Not a penny - all true Gaels!
There are a few names in there that must be costing you an arm and a leg!

lawnseed

i can assure you mack that i,m not on my own when i say keady is a hole, my wife and i met another couple in it for a drink last year. by 10.30 on a saturday night the streets were empty the biggest pub in the town the was closing because we were the only ones in it. we did end up in a small place and we did enjoy the night there. afterwards we crossed to a chinks while my mate and i were inside our wives were attacked outside by two fellas about 25yrs old i dont mean sexually i mean these two guys wanted to fight :o i,m not kidding. after we lost them we were desperate to get out of the kip. even when we we're trying to get a taxi more idiots were appearing from out of nowhere all wanting a scrap.  it was like a low budget zombie movie, finally we flagged a guy down and he whisked us to safety. he was a local lad and he told us that he wouldnt stay in the town on a saturday night for diamonds the pubs are full of tinkers and arseholes who knew we werent local and we were lucky to get away. never again! >:( obviously i respect john toals efforts to raise money for his club but i suspect that it will backfire. something tells me john toal is with another club coaching or managing?? i could be wrong
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Sandy Hill

Quote from: lawnseed on July 08, 2010, 02:09:09 PM
i can assure you mack that i,m not on my own when i say keady is a hole, my wife and i met another couple in it for a drink last year. by 10.30 on a saturday night the streets were empty the biggest pub in the town the was closing because we were the only ones in it. we did end up in a small place and we did enjoy the night there. afterwards we crossed to a chinks while my mate and i were inside our wives were attacked outside by two fellas about 25yrs old i dont mean sexually i mean these two guys wanted to fight :o i,m not kidding. after we lost them we were desperate to get out of the kip. even when we we're trying to get a taxi more idiots were appearing from out of nowhere all wanting a scrap.  it was like a low budget zombie movie, finally we flagged a guy down and he whisked us to safety. he was a local lad and he told us that he wouldnt stay in the town on a saturday night for diamonds the pubs are full of tinkers and arseholes who knew we werent local and we were lucky to get away. never again! >:( obviously i respect john toals efforts to raise money for his club but i suspect that it will backfire. something tells me john toal is with another club coaching or managing?? i could be wrong

Are you sure you don't mean "hope" instead of suspect?
Heard today where you're from, lawnseed; it goes a long way towards explaining some of your sentiments expressed on this thread!
I wish every success to the Keady boys in their fundraiser - Good Luck with it!
"Stercus accidit"

you take er!

I'm not sure what your beef is with Keady sir but it appears that you have been trying to rope like minded people in for a spot of 'Keady bashing' which has not succeeded.
Keady has bad elements just the same as Armagh, Lurgan, Portadown, newtown and Newry. Perhaps in the past a young Keady lass broke your heart? Perhaps a young lad did? MAybe you were on the wrong end of a couple of beatings from keady dwyers (physical or otherwise) ...who knows?
But your attempts at bringing keady down on a thread like this are slightly unfortunate and even a little sad. But that said we would be delighted to have you and your wife with us again over the weekend so that we can redress the balance of your previous weekend. In fact if you make yourself known to one of the bands or DJs...hell i'll even buy you a beer...cant say fairer than that!

Mike Sheehy

"to a chinks" ?   
obviously the locals would have taken a dislike to you as you are from the more high falutin, progressive, multi-cultural part of Armagh ::)