Galway v Wexford

Started by boro, July 04, 2010, 10:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: mckieran on July 10, 2010, 03:43:48 PM
QuoteI think it was a penalty to be honest.
The Galway player put his body between the kicker and the ball and didn't seem to touch the ball itself.
That's a foul in any mans language.

Just saw it again on RTE; Mullahy clearly gets a touch on the ball. That is what I thought when I saw it in real time. It was a great tackle; Wrong decision from the ref. There can be no argumet otherwise

I agree with everything up to the bit in bold.
MWWSI 2017

galwayman

Shocking stuff from us. Apart from PJ there was no leadership at all on the field today. Wexford wanted it more. Wexford are a poor team so if we can't beat them at home we're better off out now.
The amount of ball we turned over cheaply was unbelievable!!
Conroy came in off the bench for the last 15 mins and did nothing but turn the ball over.
Bane did really well when he came on in fairness.

Thought the ref gave everything to Wexford though even apart from the joke of a penalty. It was great defending from Mullaghy to dispossess for the penalty. No way was it a foul.

We have huge problems in our team.Midfield is a shambles and we have only 2 forwards (Joyce and Meehan) - one of whom will probably retire now. Things are not looking good for Galway football - we just don't have the same level of talent coming through that we used to have.

mckieran

QuoteI agree with everything up to the bit in bold.

You want to argue with yourself?

Armaghgeddon

Referee had a really good game up untill the 51st minute and then made a really bad decision which cost Galway dearly.

mckieran

QuoteWas it after he had made contact with the kickers leg?

Watch the replay again.

God, if there are Gaelic Football fans out there who think that was a foul, I worry for the future of Gaelic Football!

zoyler

Just how low can the standard of refereeing go!!  Another absolute schocker and at least Tohill had the guts to refer to all the dubious decisions going against Galway - not that I give two hoots which of them won

muppet

Quote from: mckieran on July 10, 2010, 03:45:58 PM
QuoteI agree with everything up to the bit in bold.

You want to argue with yourself?

I agree with your assessment of it, as in my opinion would be the same as yours. I don't agree that there is no argument.
MWWSI 2017

The Konica

Wow!!!

What will O'Ceide and the moneymen think now of the investments being made?

Joe is big money and the other men he's bringing in or was flying in weren't cheap either I'd say. Surely there has to be a review at the end of this season also?

Maybe the same people can do Galway after they review Mayo?

galway15

what a waste of money from the county board by getting kernan in. will be interesting how much of a loss they will have made on the year. had the winning of the game yet again but managed to lose it to a very poor team. feel very sorry for pj as cant see him sticking around for another year. future not looking good but i think the first thing to do is get rid of kernan and the clowns that with him on the sideline.

Mac2

Quote from: The Konica on July 10, 2010, 03:41:25 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 10, 2010, 03:38:33 PM
First 60  minutes don't matter according to Tommy. It's all about what you score in the last ten. He's always at that nonsense. Why do they bother recording the scores in the first 60 minutes at all, Tommy?

He just says sh!t for the sake of it anyway ...

Shur wasn't he helping Johnno?

No that was Tommy Lyons Ballina

The Konica

Quote from: Mac2 on July 10, 2010, 03:59:23 PM
Quote from: The Konica on July 10, 2010, 03:41:25 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 10, 2010, 03:38:33 PM
First 60  minutes don't matter according to Tommy. It's all about what you score in the last ten. He's always at that nonsense. Why do they bother recording the scores in the first 60 minutes at all, Tommy?

He just says sh!t for the sake of it anyway ...

Shur wasn't he helping Johnno?

No that was Tommy Lyons Ballina

Ah ... thank God for that!!!

The Konica

Quote from: galway15 on July 10, 2010, 03:57:06 PM
what a waste of money from the county board by getting kernan in. will be interesting how much of a loss they will have made on the year. had the winning of the game yet again but managed to lose it to a very poor team. feel very sorry for pj as cant see him sticking around for another year. future not looking good but i think the first thing to do is get rid of kernan and the clowns that with him on the sideline.

County Board never paid a penny of course and it'll never show on the books.

How old is PJ now?
Is he a teacher or something?

GalwayBayBoy

We seem to be making an artform of losing games by a single point in injury time in recent years. That's Mayo, Donegal, Sligo and Wexford that have all gone the same way in the past 12 months. Couldn't believe the foostering about some of the players did with the ball there in the last 5 or 6 minutes. Turning over cheap possession in your own half with illegal handpasses and the like. Conroy and Bradshaw did it at least twice each. I know they are young but jesus have a bit of cop on. I know some of the Galway players seemed to be running on fumes there at the end but still.

Ref certainly did us no favours anyway. Was never a penalty. Mullahy actually knocked the ball clear with his knee and the Wexford player just took an airkick. O'Donnell was also clearly fouled just before the last score. Few other dubious ones. I couldn't believe my ears when McStay was singing his praises.

Still when you can't close out games from a winning position you don't deserve anything. Tohill is right in saying Galway always seem to be going through the motions and content to try and win games by the bare minimum. When you do that you leave yourself open to a kick in the hole and they've gotten enough of those lately but it doesn't seem to sink in.

Will PJ call it a day now? He's actually playing almost as well as ever. If only some of the others had a quarter of his brain they might amount to something.

Clarin Pearl

apparently he had a savage game today. but he can't put up with all the rest of that shit for another year. The guy has to have a life.

seafoid

Quote from: ross4life on July 10, 2010, 03:42:19 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 10, 2010, 03:40:51 PM
Was it Faherty in goals doing the shouting? It will be impossible to judge Sligo until August, regardless of whether they win Connacht or not. They may be the real deal or they may not. This years Connacht Championship has been on a par with the early to mis 90s in terms of quality.

Have to agree shades of leitrim 1994

4 years later Galway won the all-Ireland. I'd settle for that again.
I suppose it is better to get dumped out now than pretend for another few weeks. Mayo and Galway both have a lot of questions hanging over them. Who woudda thought back in april that it would be thus ? Up, er, Meath.