Tour de France 2010

Started by Tony Baloney, July 02, 2010, 11:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Schleck should give Contador his fill of it over the years. Armstrong's time is gone.

Astana absolutely ruined Evans today although it turns out he was riding with a fractured elbow. He looked ill climbing Col du Madeleine.

Tyrones own

Heard them say after it that Evans forgot to eat and hit the wall.... it's not the first time he's made that mistake,
Barring any bad luck, Contador will simply stay on Andy's wheel from here on out and bate him easily in
the time trial to win her...long road to go though and hopefully I'm wrong!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ziggysego

I stayed in the same hotel as lot of the participants back in 1996 (I think it was). They came through Lourdes when I was on a Pilgrimage there. Class seeing them and the bikes up close.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on July 14, 2010, 01:04:18 AM
I stayed in the same hotel as lot of the participants back in 1996 (I think it was). They came through Lourdes when I was on a Pilgrimage there. Class seeing them and the bikes up close.
What did the bikes look like? Two wheels, handlebars, chain, gears, pedals etc.? :)

ONeill

No sign of Roche letting up. Another fine day in the saddle.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Cycling
Nicolas Roche gains time finishing seventh

Wednesday, 14 July 2010 18:19
Nicolas Roche broke away from the peloton in the closing stages of the 10th stage of the Tour de France to finish seventh and gain valuable time back from the yellow jersey.

As a result, Roche has moved up four places in the overall standings, now sitting 13th, six minutes 23 seconds behind race leader Andy Schleck.

Bastille Day delivered a victory for Portugal as Sergio Paulinho was first to finish in Gap.

Paulinho (Team RadioShack) was in a six-man break before accelerating away with Vasili Kiryienka (Caisse d'Epargne) in the final 15 kilometres and beating the Belarus rider in a sprint finish.

The 179km 10th stage from Chambrey to Gap as the 97th Tour left the Alps behind was ridden at a sedate pace, half an hour behind the slowest anticipated schedule issued by race organisers.

The four remaining escapees finished over a minute behind.

More than 13 minutes behind was Ag2r La Mondiale's Roche in seventh and Remi Pauriol of Cofidis in eighth.

Mark Cavendish (HTC-Columbia) finished ninth in the peloton's sprint for the line to collect 12 points in his race for the green jersey.

However, points classification leader Thor Hushovd (Cervelo Test Team) won nine points by finishing 11th, with his nearest rival Alessandro Petacchi (Lampre-Farnese) finishing 10th.

The top of the general classification standings were unchanged, with Andy Schleck (Team Saxo Bank) retaining the race leader's yellow jersey with a 41-second advantage over Alberto Contador (Astana).

Their closest rival is more than two minutes behind.

gerry

Great day for nick after losing time the past few days, what a tour he is having.  lets hope he stays injury free as we could have a tour winner in a few years.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

orangeman

Headbutting incident today. Lovely stuff.

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

gallsman

Quote from: gerry on July 14, 2010, 11:33:39 PM
Great day for nick after losing time the past few days, what a tour he is having. lets hope he stays injury free as we could have a tour winner in a few years.

I applaud the optimism but this will never happen.

gerry

Quote from: gallsman on July 15, 2010, 10:39:49 PM
Quote from: gerry on July 14, 2010, 11:33:39 PM
Great day for nick after losing time the past few days, what a tour he is having. lets hope he stays injury free as we could have a tour winner in a few years.

I applaud the optimism but this will never happen.

hopefully top 15 on his second tour, so why not

gerry

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 15, 2010, 10:37:33 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 15, 2010, 10:36:05 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/8826502.stm

Weird. Headbutting in Cycling

can't believe he got kicked of for this, cavendish would not have won  a stage this year without him

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: gerry on July 16, 2010, 12:25:21 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 15, 2010, 10:37:33 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 15, 2010, 10:36:05 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/8826502.stm

Weird. Headbutting in Cycling

can't believe he got kicked of for this, cavendish would not have won  a stage this year without him

It's forbidden Gerry, what would you expect? One's head cannot be used to gain advantage, he's an idiot.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

gerry

he was only making room for his colleague mark, its a mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me.  suppose the tour official that kick him of was sludden from dromore

gerry

tour  not a cavendish lover, so i gúest the officials not lose any sleep tonight with his lead out man missing