Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Farrandeelin

Well done Nally Stand! ;D I didn't want to claim all the rights. But this Lar v HArdy is enthralling stuff. Keep her lit guys.

Dinny Breen

Did some just delete my post for the 100th page, very harsh mod  >:(
#newbridgeornowhere

Nally Stand

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 21, 2010, 02:40:48 PM
Did some just delete my post for the 100th page, very harsh mod  >:(

So basically what you are saying is that you had the game practically won when a moderator/referee ruled against you and you were denied your rightful victory??

Sound familiar??

That would make me Joe Sheridan in all this. I DID NOT THROW THE BALL OVER THE 100 PAGE LINE

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy

Lar, I'm not being facetious or disparaging, but stating a fact when I say I can't distil your substantive point from your entertaining and thoughtful contributions. Is your case simply that the Meath players are going to get a lot of stick for some time to come? If so, I agree with you. But so what? As I said, it wouldn't be the first time and I honestly think it will, or at least could be a positive motivating factor in giving a team that's been knocking unconvincingly on the door for a while the impetus to kick the fuckin thing down. And it will galvanise the supporters as well. Again, as I said, we're perverse enough to enjoy our victories ten times more when we know they annoy so many people.

Wait'll you hear the roar that greets the team when they run out for the QF.

AZOffaly

Jaysus Hardy and Lar.

Reading ye is a blast from a more civilised, entertaining time. As you said, like a fight where everyone shakes hands and buys a drink afterwards.

Ye Olde Internyt Dyscussione Borde.

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on July 21, 2010, 02:56:39 PM

Will it be any use though ? Another failure on a bigger day and will all the shenanigans over the Leinster Final be any use ?
A bit like Waterford over the last few years. I am a bit worried that Meath are in the same boat. An improvement on previous years but not enough to make it past the oligopoly. Ollie anybody really. 

AZOffaly

In the midst of the race to 100, nobody answered my question re. Joe Sheridan. Has he given an interview since the one under the Hogan Stand? If not, he's getting an awful caning for something said in the heat of the moment nearly 2 weeks ago.

Hardy

Quote from: seafoid on July 21, 2010, 03:00:37 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 21, 2010, 02:56:39 PM

Will it be any use though ? Another failure on a bigger day and will all the shenanigans over the Leinster Final be any use ?
A bit like Waterford over the last few years. I am a bit worried that Meath are in the same boat. An improvement on previous years but not enough to make it past the oligopoly. Ollie anybody really. 

I dunno, Seafoid. I'm only saying that the whole circus will motivate the team and the supporters. I'm not confident it will raise us to the level of the Kerrys, Corks and Louths of the Championship.