Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2010, 10:54:15 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 12, 2010, 10:48:01 PM
Quote from: ross matt on July 12, 2010, 09:50:42 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 12, 2010, 06:21:22 PM
QuoteSligonian the sad thing here is that you're not even takin the piss. Happy for Sligo in general to have performed so well this year but you do them no favours spoutin shite like that.
I don't agree with sligonian but that's a nonsense post.

I wouldn't really call Sheridan a cheat, I don't blame him for diving over the line or arguing with the ref and umpire that it was a goal, all heat of the moment stuff but someone really needs to tell him to stop talking to the media, if he can't be honest. He's doing himself no favours and is adding fuel to the fire.

Whats nonsense about it? Sligonian is letting down all Sligo fans with that drivel defending those thugs.

I agree with you re Sheridan. Getting undue criticism. Any player would have accepted a goal decision in that instance whether they knew it was a foul or not.  His media comments were'nt the most diplomatic but he was put on the spot.

I speak for myself is what POG getting at rossmatt, i dont represent the views of Sligo people in general. Everyone on here is entitled to their view and only represent themselves, and to be honest ross matt ive an understanding of the louth fans anger. So i think we should go easy on them but still punish them. Ive seen worse acts on a GAA field and they werent banned for life or given jail sentences which are complete overreactions. I can safely say ive never been involved in a negative incident on a GAA field, never even got booked in my whole playing days so ye cant say im as bad as them either.

It seems the Meath CB are waiting on the ref report before deciding and no decision will be made tonight. I think if Meath offer a replay they are well within there rights to get it played in Navan.
And with Louth missing all the players who verbally abused Martin Sludden.

Surely they should request for these bookings be recinded on the basis that Sludden is an utter useless so and so. They where correct to argue, again I'm going to say it, Keith Higgins was right too, no red card.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

GAA_Punter

Decision on Meath v Louth replay – Live updates

16:50 update
Louth Statement
On Tues 13th July, a meeting was held by the Management Committee of the Louth County Board to consider all avenues available in light of events to date in relation to the LSFC Final on Sun 11th July.....

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/07/12/decision-on-meath-v-louth-replay-live-updates/

demusicman

The refs report  and its content is very important to both counties.
From a Meath point of view if as I expect he records a Meath victory, admitting mistakes  afterwards will not change the result as supplied by him.

whitey

Tough one-but upon mature reflection-I thought I would add my 2 Cents worth.

(1) GAA players are fantastic athletes-they are not fantastic sportsmen.

(2) The goal of your team is to get more scores on the scoreboard than your opposition.How you do it-thats up to you (unfortunately!)

(3) Having human beings as referees/umps/linesmen inevitably leads to decisions that are unfair/wrong/inconsistent. Its part and parcel of the game and unless we start reviewing every single play we cant start picking and choosing.

(4) Meath should not be put in a position to make that decision. Either have a formal "top of house" review process or dont.

(5) Clearly define the roles of linesmen and umpires. Give them earpieces so they can communicate real time.

(6) Theres no easy solution to this one-Louth deserved to win but they didnt. (and I was cheering for them)

(7) Referee is sancrosanct-(even if hes a boll0cks). No one should be allowed to approach him after the game. He should be immediately shepherded into his changiing room by 4 Garda (not sticking around like a tool writing stuff in his book adding fuel to the fire)

BTW_I am a Mayo supporter and have no great love for Meath football, but do admire their tenacity and never say die attitude-WISH WE HAD IT!!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

The GAA might start recruiting match officials from these lads

From the Bunker

Quote from: whitey on July 13, 2010, 05:15:52 PM
Tough one-but upon mature reflection-I thought I would add my 2 Cents worth.

(1) GAA players are fantastic athletes-they are not fantastic sportsmen.

(2) The goal of your team is to get more scores on the scoreboard than your opposition.How you do it-thats up to you (unfortunately!)

(3) Having human beings as referees/umps/linesmen inevitably leads to decisions that are unfair/wrong/inconsistent. Its part and parcel of the game and unless we start reviewing every single play we cant start picking and choosing.

(4) Meath should not be put in a position to make that decision. Either have a formal "top of house" review process or dont.

(5) Clearly define the roles of linesmen and umpires. Give them earpieces so they can communicate real time.

(6) Theres no easy solution to this one-Louth deserved to win but they didnt. (and I was cheering for them)

(7) Referee is sancrosanct-(even if hes a boll0cks). No one should be allowed to approach him after the game. He should be immediately shepherded into his changiing room by 4 Garda (not sticking around like a tool writing stuff in his book adding fuel to the fire)

BTW_I am a Mayo supporter and have no great love for Meath football, but do admire their tenacity and never say die attitude-WISH WE HAD IT!!!

Agee with all of the above, but the GAA are always slow in moving with the times rules wise. Has probably to do with the hierarchy of the organisation.

BTW. The 'Meath Never Say Die' is one of the biggest Myths of Gaelic Football Media Sensationalism. How can a team with a never say die attitude not have won a (rather weak) Leinster and barely competed in a final in 9 years.

GAA_Punter

Decision on Meath v Louth replay – Live updates | SportsNewsIreland

18:10 update
It seems that the Louth County Board are seeking Legal advice about the wording of the referees report and if as stated the last score was given in "error" the final score should read 1-10 to 0-12 and Louth win the Leinster title

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/07/12/decision-on-meath-v-louth-replay-live-updates/

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: GAA_Punter on July 13, 2010, 06:21:04 PM

It seems that the Louth County Board are seeking Legal advice about the wording of the referees report and if as stated the last score was given in "error" the final score should read 1-12 to 0-10 and Louth win the Leinster title

I like it, the GAA should not be allowed to hope this will go away.

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

demusicman

It will be decided upon by Refs reports . The information started by R.T.E this morning may be only a view of how it will be decided. Last night information was more accurate on this forum. No guesswork

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hound

Was the ball kicked out after the "goal"? Or did the final whistle go before the kick out?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hardy on July 13, 2010, 06:39:51 PM
Wonderful. Leinster championship decided by a judge.

Well at the moment it's being decided by Meath county board! What's the difference?

And I'm not in favour of a replay!

muppet

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 13, 2010, 06:24:20 PM
Quote from: GAA_Punter on July 13, 2010, 06:21:04 PM

It seems that the Louth County Board are seeking Legal advice about the wording of the referees report and if as stated the last score was given in "error" the final score should read 1-12 to 0-10 and Louth win the Leinster title

I like it, the GAA should not be allowed to hope this will go away.

I don't believe what I am hearing.

Hardy can you confirm the Meath players have voted against it? That would be fair enough but it appears they have qualified it by taking the high moral ground on player behaviour.

Please tell me this lobbing of a BP wellhead of fuel on the fire isn't true?

MWWSI 2017