Tipp beat Laois

Started by Dinny Breen, June 27, 2010, 05:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Has slipped under the radar but Tipp beat Laois today 0-13 to 0-12..

Maybe not a big shock but I thought Laois had turned a corner, anyway well done Tipp.
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

mountainboii

Thought I read during the week that Tipp had lost a good few players to America for the summer, including their full back McDonald. Even better result if true.

The Real Laoislad

We could have beaten Meath the first day who went on to hammer Dublin today and we get beat by Tipp...
The joys of being from Laois
You'll Never Walk Alone.

under the bar

QuoteWe could have beaten Meath the first day who went on to hammer Dublin today and we get beat by Tipp...

.. can't be much worse than being a Liverpool supporter at present ;)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: under the bar on June 27, 2010, 05:51:11 PM
QuoteWe could have beaten Meath the first day who went on to hammer Dublin today and we get beat by Tipp...

.. can't be much worse than being a Liverpool supporter at present ;)

Don't see the connection between the two myself? Or why would anyone mention Liverpool in a thread about Tipp and Laois... Bizarre
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bud Wiser

Without any disrespect to Tipperary, I can't believe this result. Well done to Tipp, keep 'er lit.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Zulu

Congratulations Onlooker, I thought Tipp had a real good chance in this game and I'm not surprised by the win at all. Tipp will be a team many others will want to avoid in the next round.

Onlooker

The gremlins have done something to my post on this result.  My point was that Laois beat Tipperary by 2 points in the National League in Portlaoise, so today's game was always going to be a close one.  It did not look great for Tipp to go in level at half time after playing with a fairly strong breeze, but Tipp stayed level or a point ahead for most of the second half.  Teams were level at 10 points all after 60 minutes, but Tipp got the next 2 scores to go 2 points ahead and looked like winners.  Laois to their credit hit back with 2 quick points to level the game.  The winning score came in the first minute of injury time when Tipp's best move of the day brought a point from Brian Mulvihill.  You could say that Laois deserved a draw but IMO Tipp would have been very unlucky to lose.  Laois shot a lot of wides, but Tipp could have had 2 goals in the second half.  One shot hit the crossbar and the other went just wide with the goalkeeper beaten each time.  I thought that Tipp were that bit better in the last 10 minutes and that was what won the game.  This was a great game to win for Tipp and it is great to be in the draw for the 2nd Round of the qualifiers.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

highorlow

My Bet today was:

Monaghan -3, 11/10,
Meath @ 6/4,
Louth 11/10

AND

Laois @ 8/13

Always the fuckin same. At Least the Argies are doing the business for me, have them doubled with the Germans at 4/1.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

p.s. Well done Tipp - This was the part of my accum that I had a doubt about and I shouldn't have been as greedy to got against ye. A treble would have been enough.

Fair dues to Louth and Meath today also - the bookies don't have a clue.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Shamrock Shore

Been a good weekend for the bridesmaids.

Well done Tipp et al

Onlooker

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 27, 2010, 08:34:38 PM
Been a good weekend for the bridesmaids.

Well done Tipp et al
Important win for Tipp today in Thurles, but Longford's win yesterday was definitely the result of the week end. 

Zapatista

Quote from: Onlooker on June 27, 2010, 07:05:43 PM
The gremlins have done something to my post on this result.  My point was that Laois beat Tipperary by 2 points in the National League in Portlaoise, so today's game was always going to be a close one.  It did not look great for Tipp to go in level at half time after playing with a fairly strong breeze, but Tipp stayed level or a point ahead for most of the second half.  Teams were level at 10 points all after 60 minutes, but Tipp got the next 2 scores to go 2 points ahead and looked like winners.  Laois to their credit hit back with 2 quick points to level the game.  The winning score came in the first minute of injury time when Tipp's best move of the day brought a point from Brian Mulvihill.  You could say that Laois deserved a draw but IMO Tipp would have been very unlucky to lose.  Laois shot a lot of wides, but Tipp could have had 2 goals in the second half.  One shot hit the crossbar and the other went just wide with the goalkeeper beaten each time.  I thought that Tipp were that bit better in the last 10 minutes and that was what won the game.  This was a great game to win for Tipp and it is great to be in the draw for the 2nd Round of the qualifiers.

Do you think Laois might have got tired with all the football they've played as opposed to Tipp having a break?