Started by Blue and Navy, June 26, 2010, 09:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue and Navy

The only thing he could do really.

From the Bunker

Good riddance! :(

Will be gone in the next election too!

Blue and Navy

Well he can concentrate on that from now on, but who comes in next?

rocco

Quote from: Blue and Navy on June 26, 2010, 09:32:53 PM
Mickey Moran

seafoid

Redgreenery

Quote from: rocco on June 26, 2010, 09:51:37 PM
Mickey Moran
Highly doubt he'll be back, after how he was kicked out after bringing Mayo to the all ireland final. The who will replace Johonno issue is for another day I think. God knows longford done us a favor today. Good riddance to Johonno.

johnpower

Quote from: Redgreenery on June 26, 2010, 10:14:12 PM
Quote from: rocco on June 26, 2010, 09:51:37 PM
Mickey Moran
Highly doubt he'll be back, after how he was kicked out after bringing Mayo to the all ireland final. The who will replace Johonno issue is for another day I think. God knows longford done us a favor today. Good riddance to Johonno.

Well you want to start thinking about it before too long

Chimley

Do you know, the more I think of this, the better this is. Johnno is gone and we are out of the championship in June. Clubs will have their players back and county players will get a good long break to have a look at themselves and whether they have the stomach for the fight under a new man

joemamas

I don't think JOM is a bad person, deep down he really cares about Mayo Football. I do believe that judging from the body language of a lot of players some thing was radically wrong. I am sure it will all come out in the wash at some point.

In addition, if all the bullshi* that has been written here about the county board and Fine Gael and everything else is half true, then there truly is a lot a blame to go around with a lot of eejjjets caught up in the plot.

Will there be calls for the people in control of the county board to vacate their positions ??.  (Maybe too  general of a statement as I am sure there are some good, genuine people involved). Will they be ducking for cover with the announcement of a major initiative to build football from u14 up by those same people.

The clubs and the supporters need to be heard, not just in a bar, but at meetings.

The county board should call an extraordinary meeting to allow a group to be selected not by them to give an honest assessment of what has happened over the past decade. How managers were selected, shafted and everything else. If they don't then the same supporters can vote with their wallets.

No disrespect to longford, I am delighted for them, but it is a dark day for Mayo football, with a lot of dark days ahead.

I would start the league, with an under 23 squad and keep going even if we get beaten by 20 ffffiinn points a game, who gives a shit. I am in my mid 40's. I have been dragged/begged to go to games since I was 10. I wonder will I ever see Mayo winning an all-ireland.  We are probably five years at best away from being competitive at that level.

Signing off as a depressed Mayo supporter.

ONeill

Pillar Caffrey's yer man.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ONeill on June 26, 2010, 11:06:40 PM
Pillar Caffrey's yer man.

Nah, it's a manager we need, not a bagman. ;D

(With due acknowledgment to Hardy here- he'll know what I mean.)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Cosmo Kramer

Finally some good news.

Now if Sean Feeney would follow him out the door we might have a chance.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Mac2

The first decent decision Johnno has made in 4 years. Up to last week we still had the likes of McStay reluctant to criticise him. Instead we get chat about Genesis Reports and structures. Genesis Report? Is that what got us Brian Kerr and Steve Staunton? Not only has the emperor no clothes he has nothing between the ears or legs for that matter. What an effin joke of a county we are, that we could allow this shambles to continue for so long, we fully deserve to be where we are today. That the county board could give the proverbial 2 fingers to the supporters and give him an extension 2 years in when things were going nowhere says it all. The fact is he had completely lost the dressing room, taking constituency calls in the middle of training, and skiving off for FG votes and what have you, pure contempt for the jersey and all who play for and support it. It's a tragedy of Greek proportions, foisted upon us by political ambition, greed and vanity. If the county board had even a morsel of decency they'd all move on and let those who have a genuine interest in the county's fortunes to deal with the nuclear winter they've left us in.

lawnseed

yeah micky moran and his side kick they've rented another skip too put the johno sh1te in ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Chimley

I wonder if Donegal would consider a friendly under lights in Castlebar as we both seem to be at a bit of a loose end.