Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

The recent visit of our neighbouring Head of State was nothing more than a formal formailisation of the good relations between the 2 governments ( who really run the 2 States) that have existed since 1985.
Despite the media and some establishment people plus the usual Westbrit eejits  gushing bullshit and the various people who feel they cannot welcome this oul lassies visit it was for the silent majority another media circus  non event.

It made no difference to my life nor I suspect 5,999,900 other people who live in Ireland.

Also I cannot see 5m Brits waiting every year to see where their Queen goes to visit before booking their Holidays.
For the record I am opposed to all remnants of Medieval Feudalism like Kings,lords,Barons etc of whatever Nationality.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maguire01

Quote from: Rossfan on May 21, 2011, 01:48:29 PM
Also I cannot see 5m Brits waiting every year to see where their Queen goes to visit before booking their Holidays.
Neither can I. But I don't think that's the angle of the tourism argument. It's just about the exposure the visit got, not just in Britain, but globally. And such exposure would have cost  the likes of Discover Ireland many millions to buy.

Now to what extent we would ever be able to reliably measure any benefit is questionable. I'm not sure how we could ever know the extent to which any increase in tourist numbers could be attributed to this visit, or Obama's. Although it would be interesting to see if there is any noticable differences in numbers to specific locations, such as Cashel, the English Market or Moneygall.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 21, 2011, 11:15:34 AM
Mayogodhelpus - That comment was right out of the gutter. You could educate yourself a bit and read the book "ten men dead" and ask yourself whether you would be able to make such a sacrifice for anything. You have a chance now to retract that which you should cos I think everything you post from now on will be tainted otherwise.

Please tell me why they seem to be so many of your heroes?

Were they convicted paramilitary prisoners?

Did they refuse food and other nutriton knowing full well the consequences?

Did they die as a result of those informed decisions?

Actually they anger me more not because of their politics, but because their actions resulted in both ill-health and death among them.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 21, 2011, 12:10:21 PM
Such a statement from a man who's county gave us men like Frank Stagg and Michael Gaughan. Mayogodhelpus, You're an asshole of the very highest order.

Nally do you want us all to take up a gun and march on City Hall in Belfast or Stormant perhaps?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 02:07:54 PM
Mayogodhelpus - That comment was right out of the gutter. You could educate yourself a bit and read the book "ten men dead" and ask yourself whether you would be able to make such a sacrifice for anything. You have a chance now to retract that which you should cos I think everything you post from now on will be tainted otherwise.

Actually they anger me more not because of their politics, but because their actions resulted in both ill-health and death among them.

Ok, you've cemented your place in the sewer with mike Sheehy and his ilk. Do you think that of other Irish hunger strikers from the tan war etc. 

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 21, 2011, 02:15:43 PM

Ok, you've cemented your place in the sewer with mike Sheehy and his ilk. Do you think that of other Irish hunger strikers from the tan war etc.

O fck sake, because I don't approve of the hunger strikers actions (I also disapprove of the U.K. governments reaction). Is it a current law that I should approve and revere them? Why is it a must that I should support the "blood sacrifice"?

Why did they have a right to special status? They were not combatants serving any country?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tubberman on May 21, 2011, 01:07:41 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 21, 2011, 01:04:37 PM
Tubberman, mostly agree.  I was never opposed to the visit but looking back after the event, taken as a whole it probably was a good thing.  But nowhere near as significant as some have suggested.

I look forward to Enda and Mary greeting the Pope on the Falls Rd before Xmas!! ;)

:D Keep that argument for another day!!
I think the Pope would nearly have as much opposition down south as he would up north...

Wonder if this ever happens will Nally Stand and the likes be out in force on the board to let the leader of the Vatican know they can go run and jump after the interference and hurt they have brought to our Island.  ::)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: AQMP on May 21, 2011, 01:12:16 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on May 21, 2011, 01:07:41 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 21, 2011, 01:04:37 PM
Tubberman, mostly agree.  I was never opposed to the visit but looking back after the event, taken as a whole it probably was a good thing.  But nowhere near as significant as some have suggested.

I look forward to Enda and Mary greeting the Pope on the Falls Rd before Xmas!! ;)

:D Keep that argument for another day!!
I think the Pope would nearly have as much opposition down south as he would up north...

True...but I thought since we're all into opening the country up to Germans... ;D

Well isn't the Windsor house just like Europe right now, an unemployed Greek living off a rich German.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 02:25:22 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 21, 2011, 02:15:43 PM

O fck sake, because I don't approve of the hunger strikers actions (I also disapprove of the U.K. governments reaction). Is it a current law that I should approve and revere them? Why is it a must that I should support the "blood sacrifice"?

Why did they have a right to special status? They were not combatants serving any country?

They had the status, it was taken away. They were political prisoners, ie not on jail for normal crime. You clearly don't know what your talking about so I will argue with you no more.

Farrandeelin

You're as well to add mayogodhelpus to your list of people you're going to ignore myles! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Define a normal crime.

Bobby Sands for example was a member of the Provisional I.R.A. an illegal organisation.

These were not just internees they were convicted criminals.

The men who died on hungerstrike were in prison for a list of offenses which included, murder, manslaughter, posession of illegal firearms, theft of firearms, possession of grenades, hijacking, punishment beatings, and involvement in bombings.

AZOffaly

MGHU, If Michael Collins had been arrested by the Brits back in the 20s, what would they have charged him with? Would it have looked a lot similar to the rap sheet you've just listed?

crossfire

I see that Peter Robinson attended the state dinner in Dublin Castle.

I wonder did he eat the meal on offer or did he send home to Belfast for an Ulster fry. ;D

Nally Stand

Aye and they grew up in a totally normal society just like you and had no political motivations and were in no way fighting back against a state which was abusive of them and their community. Take your head out of your f**king ass mayo you self-righteous hypocrite.

Bobby Sands was arrested by the RUC. I suppose the fact that the RUC were not "declared illegal" makes them beyond criticism in your black and white world then. Was Michael Collins not regarded as a criminal in his time by britain too? But that's different I suppose because he wasn't a nordie  ::)

Mike Sheehy wouldn't be in it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mylestheslasher

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 03:39:14 PM
Define a normal crime.

Bobby Sands for example was a member of the Provisional I.R.A. an illegal organisation.

These were not just internees they were convicted criminals.

The men who died on hungerstrike were in prison for a list of offenses which included, murder, manslaughter, posession of illegal firearms, theft of firearms, possession of grenades, hijacking, punishment beatings, and involvement in bombings.

I'm going to make it real simple so you can understand. The prisoners were recognised as being "special" within the prison system as their "crimes" were politically motivated . The brits then tried to change this regime to criminalise the prisoners and they met with this protest. Now that you are finally allowing the blue shirt mask slip completely we can finally see what you are made of. To think you had the cheek to declare FF traitors - as bad as they are/were, what does that make you?