Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 21, 2011, 12:54:38 AM
I'm interested to know whether they think he was right or wrong to do what he did. And I'd be interested in hearing their opinion before we have an official party line.

As Mayor he probably felt obliged to represent the town. I wouldn't have done it, but I'm not Mayor of Cashel. I'd say he'll get a bit of ribbing at the next Ard Fheis, sin é. 

Ulick

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 01:09:52 AM
My younger brother, he must have been 11 at the time, had his Mayo flag pole broke in two by a Garda and told to remove the pole from the flag on the way into the 1996 All-Ireland Final (first game). The Garda had a big durty Meath accent on him. Still angers me to this day.

A broken flag pole angers you? Indeed...

How about 10 men going through the most horrible and horrific death imaginable to prove they weren't criminals, then to have some west Brit, west coast cretin to suggest they committed suicide? Would that anger you?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Ulick on May 21, 2011, 01:25:53 AM
My younger brother, he must have been 11 at the time, had his Mayo flag pole broke in two by a Garda and told to remove the pole from the flag on the way into the 1996 All-Ireland Final (first game). The Garda had a big durty Meath accent on him. Still angers me to this day.

How about 10 men going through the most horrible and horrific death imaginable to prove they weren't criminals, then to have some west Brit, west coast cretin to suggest they committed suicide? Would that anger you?

Cretinism

1. Diseases of the nervous system: A Text-book of Neurology and Psychiatry by Smith Ely Jelliffe, William Alanson White (1917)
"cretinism.—This is a broad, general term applied to a combination of physical ... Such a loss may occur sporadically, sporadic cretinism, from causes to be ..."

2. The American Journal of Insanity by New York (State). State Lunatic Asylum (1905)
"In perusing the various text-books and monographs upon cretinism, an interest in the subject having recently been aroused by two cases of sporadic cretinism ..."

3. Special pathology and therapeutics of the diseases of domestic animals v. 2 by Ferenc Hutyra (1913)
"Enzootic cretinism in Animals. In regions where endemic cretinism occurs in man (especially in the enclosed valleys of the Alps, Pyrenees, in Franconia and ..."

4. The Diseases of children by James Frederic Goodhart (1899)
"The most important feature of the morbid anatomy of cretinism is absence or some ... The diagnosis of cretinism is usually easy, but it is not difficult to ..."

5. The Diseases of infancy and childhood by Henry Koplik (1918)
"cretinism.—cretinism is a chronic affection which is characterized by a defective ... Endemic cretinism.—Endemic cretinism occurs in certain districts >f ..."

6. Thyroid and Thymus by André Crotti (1918)
"FLUCTUATIONS OF cretinism. Endemic cretinism is subject to the same fluctuations as goiter. Ewald states that in the German Black Forest, ..."

7. Medical Communications of the Massachusetts Medical Society by Massachusetts Medical Society (1901)
"OSLER defines cretinism as " a chronic disease of nutrition due to loss or impairment of function of the thyroid gland. It causes a retardation of ..."

So I am a West Brit now am I? (Typical retort of your ilk, the Blood Lust Nationalist Irishman or your a Brit attitude) When the Revolution comes, will you brand people with your bigoted imagined labels and put them against the wall to be shot? You don't want a United Ireland of equals. You wanted a bigoted, vengeful, hate-ridden, dicatatorship.

What would you call it when someone takes their own life?

I always thought they were convicted paramilitary prisoners, or criminals by another name.

I am Proud to come from the West Coast.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Ulick on May 21, 2011, 01:19:26 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 21, 2011, 12:54:38 AM
I'm interested to know whether they think he was right or wrong to do what he did. And I'd be interested in hearing their opinion before we have an official party line.

As Mayor he probably felt obliged to represent the town. I wouldn't have done it, but I'm not Mayor of Cashel. I'd say he'll get a bit of ribbing at the next Ard Fheis, sin é.

Maybe he wanted to do it, plenty of other members of the council who could have deputised for him. Maybe being a Munsterman he has less of a chip on his shoulder.

Ulick

I would like to think he wouldn't have to Google the word "cretin" you shameful disgrace of an Irishman.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Ulick on May 21, 2011, 02:25:33 AM
I would like to think he wouldn't have to Google the word "cretin" you shameful disgrace of an Irishman.

Is that right? Maybe he shouldn't have used the word, as he clearly did not understand its meaning. You shameful disgrace of an Irishman.

DoireGael

Cork.......The Rebel County.....so much for that Terence MacSwiney would be turning in his grave. The whole occasion has been hugely disrespectful to Irish/(6 counties inparticluar) nationalists/republicans, appease the brits at all costs, am sure the old doll was looking grand in her green but it wasnt long ago she was putting medals on Brit para troopers who killed innocent Irish men on the streets of Derry...., no harm but grow a set. DISGRACE

TAKE IT DOWN FROM THE MAST.........................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paoXAB16x8M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnvjoHdOtLE&NR=1

Nothing but b******

Will she be putting medals on 'SOLDIERS' who have been murdering innocent middle eastern's?

Yet again blinkered by the media, wake the f*** up.

She stands for Oppression/murder/Collusion/...but sure shes just looking at salmon at the english market
:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

I have no time for dissidents, and i 'accept' the shiners but trusting the brit establishment in terms of media is a fools game

Eamonnca1

mylestheslasher

Who said that and where?

AQMP

Though I was largely indifferent to the Queen's visit, the media reaction, as one poster put it rather succintly, is beginning to "sicken my hole".  I had to turn that arse Tubridy off last night before the part of the programme where they were to discuss the "momentous week it has been for our country".  I would have preferred to hear a lot more about Garret Fitzgerald whom Bowman described as "not having a partionist bone in his body".

A number of posters have taken offence at my occasional use of the term "Free State".  Normally this is done tongue in cheek and (honestly) is not done to offend anyone.  But I am left with the impression from this week that "Official" Ireland feels it now can consider itself a real nation just because the Queen has been to a stud farm in Kildare and a fish market in Cork.  Media types and politicians now seem to be (metaphorically) walking around with the chest puffed out and with a smug "we're playing senior hurling now boys" attitude.  Maybe deep down all along they considered themselves just part of a Free State and were waiting for George V's grand-daughter to confer nationhood upon them.

In the week that saw the passing of a man who had not a partitionist bone in his body the Queen's visit seems to have introduced a new partition in Ireland.  That between a state and  its citizens. :(

AQMP

Quote from: hardstation on May 21, 2011, 10:39:18 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 21, 2011, 09:18:21 AM

Who said that and where?

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 20, 2011, 07:36:16 PM
Quote from: glens abu on May 20, 2011, 01:37:34 PM
Quote from: Hardy on May 20, 2011, 12:27:14 PM
RIP Garret. The fact that the SF cabal here can't find it in themselves to exhibit a little generosity of spirit even on the occasion of his wake, in defiance of the best Irish tradition, says a lot about them and indeed about him.

I would give him the same respect he gave the Hunger strikers.

There was more than enough food for them to eat, they committed suicide.

Oh dear...cue another 20 pages...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: DoireGael on May 21, 2011, 04:36:14 AM
Cork.......The Rebel County.....so much for that Terence MacSwiney would be turning in his grave. The whole occasion has been hugely disrespectful to Irish/(6 counties inparticluar) nationalists/republicans, appease the brits at all costs, am sure the old doll was looking grand in her green but it wasnt long ago she was putting medals on Brit para troopers who killed innocent Irish men on the streets of Derry...., no harm but grow a set. DISGRACE

TAKE IT DOWN FROM THE MAST.........................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paoXAB16x8M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnvjoHdOtLE&NR=1

Nothing but b******

Will she be putting medals on 'SOLDIERS' who have been murdering innocent middle eastern's?

Yet again blinkered by the media, wake the f*** up.

She stands for Oppression/murder/Collusion/...but sure shes just looking at salmon at the english market
:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

I have no time for dissidents, and i 'accept' the shiners but trusting the brit establishment in terms of media is a fools game

That's a powerful rant, me oul' friend and I think it's good to let off steam once in a while.I bet you feel a lot better now.
But, before you rev up for another one, I think you went off the track in your opening statement.

Cork was known as The Rebel County long before the time of Terence McSwiney.

That name goes back a bit further; The Langers picked up the neame because of the stand they took in the Confederate Wars.
They were fought in 1642.
Just thought that might interest you.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Hardy

For God's sake Lar, don't mention moving on from 1642.

mylestheslasher

Mayogodhelpus - That comment was right out of the gutter. You could educate yourself a bit and read the book "ten men dead" and ask yourself whether you would be able to make such a sacrifice for anything. You have a chance now to retract that which you should cos I think everything you post from now on will be tainted otherwise.

Farrandeelin

I'm just ashamed to be from the same county as mayogodhelpus now, also Enda Kenny for inviting the oul hoor back to visit these shores again. However, I'm not ashamed of anything else my county men have done, and before ye all start posting up clips of youtube videos of us getting hammered in Croker, frig it we'll win the damn thing some day, whether I'm dead or alive!!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.