Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 20, 2011, 02:06:25 PM
The 'real' capital is also laying claim to the Jackeens title, which one is Reillers?

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/05/20/live-from-the-rebel-county/

Please God make they be English people visiting Cork.

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 20, 2011, 02:11:07 PM
The 'real' capital is also laying claim to the Jackeens title, which one is Reillers?

After nineteen years here, I'm just beginning to get a feel for Corkery, Corkonianism and Corkocity and these lads are not Corkies. For a start, Cork people don't wear sunglasses.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on May 20, 2011, 02:24:31 PM

After nineteen years here, I'm just beginning to get a feel for Corkery, Corkonianism and Corkocity and these lads are not Corkies. For a start, Cork people don't wear sunglasses.

I only know 1 Royal-ist on Cork!!!!!!

Hardy

And I go to the English Market every week and nobody makes any fuss.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on May 20, 2011, 03:02:57 PM
And I go to the English Market every week and nobody makes any fuss.

Do you wear Meath colours like herself?
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Shamrock Shore

She's gone. Phew

Dobbo really struggling there at the end.

"Behind her plane we see an Aer Lingus plane, with its distinctive shamrock. And behind that a Ryanair......"

Tubberman

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 20, 2011, 04:23:35 PM
She's gone. Phew

Dobbo really struggling there at the end.

"Behind her plane we see an Aer Lingus plane, with its distinctive shamrock. And behind that a Ryanair......"

Now, on to Obama's visit!
And before that we have the state funeral for Garret Fitzgerald. What a week for Mary Mc and Enda...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Kerry Mike

QuoteDo you wear Meath colours like herself?

I have been in there a few times with a Kerry jersey on me and had rotten fish flung at me once or twice !!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

AZOffaly

Quote from: Kerry Mike on May 20, 2011, 05:47:23 PM
QuoteDo you wear Meath colours like herself?

I have been in there a few times with a Kerry jersey on me and had rotten fish flung at me once or twice !!

I bet you caught it and stuck it in the net!

Maguire01

Quote from: Tubberman on May 20, 2011, 01:57:39 PM
It has emerged that the Sinn Féin Mayor of Cashel, Cllr Michael Brown, shook Queen Elizabeth II's hand during her visit to the town today.

The pair also enjoyed a brief conversation as the British monarch and her husband, Prince Phillip, toured the Rock of Cashel landmark.

The royals will be visiting Cork city this afternoon, where hundreds of well-wishers have already gathered to greet them.

Cllr Michael Brown was elected to Cashel Town Council in 1985. He lost it in 1999, before regaining it in 2004.

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/sinn-fein-mayor-shakes-queens-hand-on-cashel-visit-505779.html#ixzz1MtfWkA7I

No one going to comment on this? Ulick? Nally? Lawnseed?
It's a fairly significant deviation from party policy. And good to see.

Then there's Gerry Adams' comments...

Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams has praised Queen Elizabeth's "sincere expression of sympathy" for those affected by conflict between Britain and Ireland.

Mr Adams said: "I hope some good will come from this visit and I particularly was taken by Queen Elizabeth's sincere expression of sympathy to all those who had suffered in the course of the conflict."

He hoped the visit would pave the way for greater co-operation between the two nations, saying: "If there is to be more benefit out of this, it will be if it moves beyond these important gestures and remarks."

He added: "It's another step in the journey. It was the conditions created by the peace process which allowed this to happen.

"It's a page in a book - and we need to write the next page and the next page and keep moving the process on."

Mr Adams claimed many nationalists in Northern Ireland were disappointed the Queen failed to apologise for Britain's past in Ireland, but he said: "I never expected that."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/republic-of-ireland/gerry-adams-hails-queens-message-16002447.html#ixzz1Muj4FkeE

Eamonnca1

Jesus, EG, this is really going to screw with your head now, isn't it? Even Peter Punt is getting in on the act!

QuoteDUP First Minister Peter Robinson speaks Irish

Friday, 20 May 2011

First Minister Peter Robinson followed in the Queen's footsteps yesterday — by speaking Irish.

After Her Majesty opened her ground-breaking Dublin Castle speech in Irish, the DUP leader yesterday jokingly followed suit.

At a Press conference after the first Executive meeting since the Assembly election, he said 'Sine' — Irish for 'that's it'.

Irish President Mary McAleese mouthed "wow" after the Queen opened in Irish on Wednesday night.

In the same room where Queen Victoria dined more than a century ago, her successor said: "A hUachtarain agus a chairde" which means "President and friends".

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 20, 2011, 02:27:42 PM
Quote from: Hardy on May 20, 2011, 02:24:31 PM

I only know 1 Royal-ist on Cork!!!!!!

Sure they probably Brits living here, not is if the Irish in Britain aren't known for getting out their tricolours when the occasion arises.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.