Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on April 12, 2011, 02:00:22 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on April 12, 2011, 01:39:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 12, 2011, 11:18:42 AM
moronic my hole, there's chat Obama will be here for maybe 5 hours and no more, please tell me what tourism benefits will be derived from Obama spending 5 hours on the aul sod?

We will be able to sell the air he exhales.

p.s. Did we really waste an education on you or are you just not finished yet?

again no attempt to explain it, a moronic comment to quote that other muppet (pun intended) about selling air

a dig at my education (an unfounded one by that matter) highlights your lack of ability to offer any backing to counter my original statement - feel free to have an attempt

Some shoulders are just too chipped.

Clearly we can't all be as mature and educated as you or Abbeysider.

Have either of you answered Bananaman or is calling him uneducated enough?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 12, 2011, 02:31:41 PM
moronic my hole, there's chat Obama will be here for maybe 5 hours and no more, please tell me what tourism benefits will be derived from Obama spending 5 hours on the aul sod?

again no attempt to explain it, a moronic comment to quote that other muppet (pun intended) about selling air

a dig at my education (an unfounded one by that matter) highlights your lack of ability to offer any backing to counter my original statement - feel free to have an attempt

Like I said some shoulders are too chipped.

MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on April 12, 2011, 02:36:36 PM

As I say, are you going to answer him?
Or in your ever so mature, educated manner, will you instead just call him uneducated and tell him he has a chip on his shoulder?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 12, 2011, 02:41:51 PM

Or in your ever so mature, educated manner, will you instead just call him uneducated and tell him he has a chip on his shoulder?

Please show me where I said I was educated?

And why would I tell someone who is blind to look?
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

Quote from: Banana Man on April 12, 2011, 08:57:17 AM
heard on the 2FM this morning that the entire Garda budget for the year will be used up next month with the state visit of Lizzy and Obama - How the f**k in times of severe austerity can this be justified???

Have you a better source for this than "heard on 2FM"? It seems an improbable statistic

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on April 12, 2011, 02:49:25 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 12, 2011, 02:41:51 PM

Please show me where I said I was educated?

And why would I tell someone who is blind to look?

It's just, when you said "we wasted an education" on bananaman. I took that to mean you were among the educated. But if you are not, that's OK. It might explain why you are resorting to petty abuse and avoiding answering him, instead implying he is uneducated/poorly educated and has a chip on his shoulder and is blind, and whatever other names you crazy kids mature people like to call others these days.

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on April 12, 2011, 02:55:24 PM
heard on the 2FM this morning that the entire Garda budget for the year will be used up next month with the state visit of Lizzy and Obama - How the f**k in times of severe austerity can this be justified???

Have you a better source for this than "heard on 2FM"? It seems an improbable statistic

.rte.ie/news/2011/0412/garda.html

'Entire' was actually 'most of' and this is the GRA which is a trade union. Their concern is pay naturally not the visits themselves.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 12, 2011, 02:58:12 PM
It's just, when you said "we wasted an education" on bananaman. I took that to mean you were among the educated. But if you are not, that's OK. It might explain why you are resorting to petty abuse and avoiding answering him, instead implying he is uneducated/poorly educated and has a chip on his shoulder and is blind, and whatever other names you crazy kids mature people like to call others these days.

I do not consider myself educated and I never said that I was.

You make assumptions about me, while criticising me for making assumptions about someone else, all while trying to take the high moral ground. I notice you don't bother addressing the issue either and play the man by attacking people for playing the man, all from your high horse.

You are clearly very educated as hypocrisy like that doesn't come naturally.

MWWSI 2017

Hardy

I can't vouch for what you may have heard on 2FM, but I would advise you not to be relying on that august organ for your current affairs coverage. What actually happened was that a twonk called P.J. Stone, general secretary of the Garda Representative Association claimed that a separate budget of €25M would have to be found for security for the state visits, which wouldn't have been anticipated when the annual Garda budget of €1.4 billion was allocated.

Though what it has to do with him he didn't bother to exlain.

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on April 12, 2011, 03:05:31 PM

You make assumptions about me, while criticising me for making assumptions about someone else, all while trying to take the high moral ground. I notice you don't bother addressing the issue either and play the man by attacking people for playing the man, all from your high horse.

I'm playing the man? I was getting at how yourself and Abbeysider have been playing the man in the case of Bananaman. You both disagreed with his argument but when asked to explain any particular reasons why, you both resorted to personal attacks (education wasted on him/uneducated/needs to read a book/blind/chipped shoulder).

Defeats the purpose of a discussion board when he puts forward a point, invites a counter argument and is met with one consisting of nothing but childish personal abuse.

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 12, 2011, 03:14:15 PM

I'm playing the man? I was getting at how yourself and Abbeysider have been playing the man in the case of Bananaman. You both disagreed with his argument but when asked to explain any particular reasons why, you both resorted to personal attacks (education wasted on him/uneducated/needs to read a book/blind/chipped shoulder).

Defeats the purpose of a discussion board when he puts forward a point, invites a counter argument and is met with one consisting of nothing but childish personal abuse.

Well if we are too childish for you you can gallop off to something more high-brow. Before you go would you like to say whether you are against the Obama visit on grounds of costs or any other reason?
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on April 12, 2011, 03:25:32 PM

Well if we are too childish for you you can gallop off to something more high-brow. Before you go would you like to say whether you are against the Obama visit on grounds of costs or any other reason?

Should I answer you? Or claim you have "a chip on your shoulder" and that "we wasted an education on you"?

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 12, 2011, 03:29:58 PM

Should I answer you? Or claim you have "a chip on your shoulder" and that "we wasted an education on you"?

Excellent. Now go back and read your posts and have a word with yourself.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on April 12, 2011, 03:32:04 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 12, 2011, 03:29:58 PM

Excellent. Now go back and read your posts and have a word with yourself.

Why? I just asked you which of those two options I should go with?

The first is what I would usually do, but then, the second is the responses you gave when bananaman asked you a question; so maybe you would prefer to be answered in the same way you answer people?

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 12, 2011, 03:40:36 PM
Why? I just asked you which of those two options I should go with?

The first is what I would usually do, but then, the second is the responses you gave when bananaman asked you a question; so maybe you would prefer to be answered in the same way you answer people?

Too late, we already have had the benefit of your moral authority ruling on the subject. You can't turn around and play me having lectured me on being me.

When I am me. You bash me.

But when you are me you don't bash you.

Now have a word with yourself.
MWWSI 2017