Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2011, 06:24:10 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 08, 2011, 06:21:24 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2011, 06:15:42 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 08, 2011, 06:14:14 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 08, 2011, 05:18:04 PM
Jesus Christ, the IRA should apparently be commended for it's actions in relation to the disappeared.

f**k me pink, you learn something new every day.

OK, and the British?? (To get back to the actual topic?)

(p.s. quote where I said they should be commended)

"But there's nothing like a bit of whataboutery is there?"

Sure isn't.

It's called getting back on topic. The queen of England is the head of the British Armed Forces. They were not responsible for the disappeared. Bringing it up is just a cynical attempt to change the subject. Whataboutery even.

One man's whataboutery is another man's elephant in the room.

Anyway be telling me how many people Queenie shot or ordered shot?

Diana Spencer whose ancestors hail from Castlebar, County Mayo (so she was Irish  :P  :P  :P )
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Jesus Christ, the IRA should apparently be commended for it's actions in relation to the disappeared.

Sure isn't.

It's called getting back on topic. The queen of England is the head of the British Armed Forces. They were not responsible for the disappeared. Bringing it up is just a cynical attempt to change the subject. Whataboutery even.

The disappeared is the elephant in the room of the debate on this visit and not the victims of her army? Gotcha.

As for your last question, ask her army's victims. Or do they not matter? Such as the victims of the Dublin/Monaghan Bombs who will have the 37th Anniversary of their murders marked by this visit? No? Better get back on topic then...."the disappeared, the disappeared, the disappeared....."
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 08, 2011, 06:27:47 PM
Diana Spencer whose ancestors hail from Castlebar, County Mayo (so she was Irish  :P  :P  :P )

Jaysus will ya stop.

She was from Ballina.
MWWSI 2017

gallsman

EDIT: You know what, scrap that 'p.s.' bit. You won't find such a quote and your attempts to bluff it off will only add to the thread going off topic)

What about the British? I'm talking about the ra, not the Brits.

"They could have continued to lie if they so wished". f**k right off and stop making out as if this came about through some form of overwhelming guilt and remorse. They had no other option.

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 08, 2011, 06:34:19 PM
The disappeared is the elephant in the room of the debate on this visit and not the victims of her army? Gotcha.

As for your last question, ask her army's victims. Or do they not matter? Such as the victims of the Dublin/Monaghan Bombs who will have the 37th Anniversary of their murders marked by this visit? No? Better get back on topic then...."the disappeared, the disappeared, the disappeared....."

So Queen Elizabeth was responsible and should apologise for the Dublin and Monaghan bombings?

Wow #didnotknowthat
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: gallsman on April 08, 2011, 06:37:40 PM

EDIT: You know what, scrap that 'p.s.' bit. You won't find such a quote and your attempts to bluff it off will only add to the thread going off topic)

What about the British? I'm talking about the ra, not the Brits.

"They could have continued to lie if they so wished". f**k right off and stop making out as if this came about through some form of overwhelming guilt and remorse. They had no other option.

I know you are talking about the 'ra. That is what my point is. The ra are not the issue of this visit. The queen of England was the head of the british army hence I am referring to the victims of the british army. It's not complicated. Whataboutery.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2011, 06:39:50 PM

So Queen Elizabeth was responsible and should apologise for the Dublin and Monaghan bombings?

Wow #didnotknowthat

On behalf of her army? I'd say the victims families would like that, yes.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2011, 06:36:42 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 08, 2011, 06:27:47 PM

Jaysus will ya stop.

She was from Ballina.

O fck her so, she deserved it then.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Sure isn't.

f**k sake you sound like the Sun Newspaper after Maggie sunk the General Belgrano.

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 08, 2011, 06:41:18 PM

Wow #didnotknowthat

Why don't you just speak for yourself instead of all of the victims of the troubles?
MWWSI 2017

ross matt

Sure isn't.

Ah poor Nally. Is the "disappeared" subject boring ya. Bet you wish it would "go away" alright ::)

Nally Stand

Quote from: ross matt on April 08, 2011, 08:00:02 PM

Sure isn't.

Ah poor Nally. Is the "disappeared" subject boring ya. Bet you wish it would "go away" alright ::)

No I just wish people would remember that there were more victims than the disappeared, Jean McConville & Jerry McCabe. Not much to ask. Furthermore, I wish people would simply stick to the actual discussion of the thread instead of trying to make some tedious link between this visit and the disappeared.

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2011, 07:11:55 PM

Wow #didnotknowthat

Why don't you just speak for yourself instead of all of the victims of the troubles?

Are you the representative for the disappeared though yes? Or is my referring to how uncomfortable this visit might be for a lot of the families of british army victims just uncomfortable for you?

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 08, 2011, 10:02:22 PM

Wow #didnotknowthat

Are you the representative for the disappeared though yes? Or is my referring to how uncomfortable this visit might be for a lot of the families of british army victims just uncomfortable for you?

I have never mentioned the disappeared.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2011, 10:04:01 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 08, 2011, 10:02:22 PM

Wow #didnotknowthat

I have never mentioned the disappeared.

Oh so you were referring to something else completely when you mentioned the "elephant in the room". You haven't been too quick wither to mention to others trying to link the disappeared into the debate, to keep on topic. Anyway, this thread is turning into a bit of a farce with the likes of minder or rossman or yourself trying to change the subject at the first mention of the queen of england's army's activities in Ireland.