Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Amazing reactions to a gesture of reconciliation, given the week that's in it.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 07, 2011, 09:45:56 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2011, 09:28:40 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 07, 2011, 08:58:44 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2011, 07:08:24 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on April 07, 2011, 06:11:23 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 20, 2010, 10:35:49 AM
County Down I thought? Either way, the first President who is eligible to stand in an election she cant vote in. Partitionism: A disease rampant in Ireland.

Or Partitionism: A reflection of reality in Ireland?

/Jim.

Patriotism can be another rampant disease.

So on partitionism, we just have to accept it and live with it & with patriotism, be wary of it as it is a bad thing?

Spoken like a true FGer.

Patriotism is fine in limited measures. Extreme patriotism is a nasty thing. Also remember the other side can resort to patriotism too (thats if you believe there is anotherside).

On parition, the rights and wrongs of the original partition of Ireland is in the past. The fact is, is that our island is partitioned, until the majority of the populations of the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland choose to judge otherwise, that is the way it is. End of story.

"The rights and wrongs of the original partition of Ireland is in the past"?? Again, spoken like a true FGer. The complete WRONG of partition is very much in the present as far as I'm concerned. Respect for my unionist neighbours doesn't mean that I have to regard partition as no longer an issue or no longer wrong. It is WRONG.

On patriotism; well anything is fine in moderation, and excess of anything can be bad. Just seems odd that you bring the "dangers" of patriotism into the thing all of a sudden. Anyway partition is a reality - I don't deny that, but I also don't think that just because it is a reality, nothing can be done to hasten it's end and that we should just forget about it in the meantime. To hasten it's end, people north and south who claim to aspire to Irish Unity should drop partitionist mindsets, attitudes and language. It is the partitionist mindset which I described as a disease. And a disease is what it is.

On Patriotism, I was playing on the similarity of the visual look of the word with Partitionism at a quick glance. O by the way, did you read the front page of the Irish Independent today, I was so proud to be Irish when I read it and bought my paper from a street vendor in the centre of Liverpool today. You will need to look at the front page of todays Irish Independent to know what I am talking about. I also felt great sorrow, and more than ever want the bullshit of causes to feck off forever.

On Partition, sorry the wrongs of it are the past. The majority of the people on the Island North and South, the governments of the Irish Republic and the United Kingdom and the International community believe it to be, SO IT IS. We can not create new wrongs to cancel out old ones. It was wrong for the Normans to invade Ireland, it was wrong for the Gaels to force the Britons and Picts out of West Scotand etc. etc. etc.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on April 07, 2011, 09:56:15 PM
Reagan - no visit to Croke Park.
Clinton - no visit to Croke Park.
JKF - nope.
Prince Rainier - nope.

Has it occurred to anyone why she might be going to Croke Park?

Its so feckn obvious, but maybe they can't see it through their balaclavas.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Hardy on April 07, 2011, 10:01:29 PM

+1

ONeill

Jaysus, who gives a feck about the Queen of England? What power or interest in anything has she ever exercised?

It'd be better craic if no one turned up to see the oul bag wherever she goes apart from the mad priest in the kilt and Louie Walsh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Go home ref

A true gesture of reconciliation would be for her to apologise for her army murdering Aidan Mc Anespie and the many other GAA members the British Army murdered over the years . I wonder will Cooney&Co even explain to her why the Hogan Stand is called the Hogan Stand?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Go home ref on April 07, 2011, 10:13:15 PM

A true gesture of reconciliation would be for her to apologise for her army murdering Aidan Mc Anespie and the many other GAA members the British Army murdered over the years . I wonder will Cooney&Co even explain to her why the Hogan Stand is called the Hogan Stand?

When are the lads in Sinn Féin going to apologise?

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2011, 10:06:51 PM
County Down I thought? Either way, the first President who is eligible to stand in an election she cant vote in. Partitionism: A disease rampant in Ireland.

/Jim.

So on partitionism, we just have to accept it and live with it & with patriotism, be wary of it as it is a bad thing?

Spoken like a true FGer.

Patriotism is fine in limited measures. Extreme patriotism is a nasty thing. Also remember the other side can resort to patriotism too (thats if you believe there is anotherside).

On parition, the rights and wrongs of the original partition of Ireland is in the past. The fact is, is that our island is partitioned, until the majority of the populations of the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland choose to judge otherwise, that is the way it is. End of story.

"The rights and wrongs of the original partition of Ireland is in the past"?? Again, spoken like a true FGer. The complete WRONG of partition is very much in the present as far as I'm concerned. Respect for my unionist neighbours doesn't mean that I have to regard partition as no longer an issue or no longer wrong. It is WRONG.

On patriotism; well anything is fine in moderation, and excess of anything can be bad. Just seems odd that you bring the "dangers" of patriotism into the thing all of a sudden. Anyway partition is a reality - I don't deny that, but I also don't think that just because it is a reality, nothing can be done to hasten it's end and that we should just forget about it in the meantime. To hasten it's end, people north and south who claim to aspire to Irish Unity should drop partitionist mindsets, attitudes and language. It is the partitionist mindset which I described as a disease. And a disease is what it is.

On Patriotism, I was playing on the similarity of the visual look of the word with Partitionism at a quick glance. O by the way, did you read the front page of the Irish Independent today, I was so proud to be Irish when I read it and bought my paper from a street vendor in the centre of Liverpool today. You will need to look at the front page of todays Irish Independent to know what I am talking about. I also felt great sorrow, and more than ever want the bullshit of causes to feck off forever.

On Partition, sorry the wrongs of it is in the past. The majority of the people on the Island North and South, the governments of the Irish Republic and the United Kingdom and the International community believe it to be, SO IT IS. We can not create new wrongs to cancel out old ones. It was wrong for the Normans to invade Ireland, it was wrong for the Gaels to force the Britons and Picts out of West Scotand etc. etc. etc.

The Irish Independent? No I didn't read it. I make a point to not give Sir Tony a red cent of my hard earned cash. But I have seen the front cover and know what you are talking about. I would prefer if Ronan's murder wasn't cheaply dragged into this argument. He was a friend. You have to ask, are all causes wrong? Or just causes that you deem not to be worthy? Was freedom for the 26 counties a wrong cause? You may regard the wrongs of partition as being in the past. As I say, I certainly don't. I also believe that the wrongs of partition can now be challenged and righted PEACEFULLY for the first time.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2011, 10:15:29 PM

For the death of Michael Hogan? Never.

Did the IRA apologise to all it's victims' families? Yes.

Has Britain done so? No.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 07, 2011, 10:17:39 PM

/Jim.

Spoken like a true FGer.

On Partition, sorry the wrongs of it is in the past. The majority of the people on the Island North and South, the governments of the Irish Republic and the United Kingdom and the International community believe it to be, SO IT IS. We can not create new wrongs to cancel out old ones. It was wrong for the Normans to invade Ireland, it was wrong for the Gaels to force the Britons and Picts out of West Scotand etc. etc. etc.

The Irish Independent? No I didn't read it. I make a point to not give Sir Tony a red cent of my hard earned cash. But I have seen the front cover and know what you are talking about. I would prefer if Ronan's murder wasn't cheaply dragged into this argument. He was a friend. You have to ask, are all causes wrong? Or just causes that you deem not to be worthy? Was freedom for the 26 counties a wrong cause? You may regard the wrongs of partition as being in the past. As I say, I certainly don't. I also believe that the wrongs of partition can now be challenged and righted PEACEFULLY for the first time.

The rights or wrongs of the independence of the 26 counties is in the past too. It is a reality.

People with your mindset challenge peacefully by calling people from the 26 who disagree Free Staters, Blueshirts, traitors, West Brits, and those from the North Huns and Castle Catholics. See how many votes that wins you?

People like you are pushing a United Irish Republic further back every day. That is borderline treahery in my books.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 07, 2011, 10:18:54 PM

Has Britain done so? No.

Did the real leaders  ;) apologise?

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2011, 10:22:09 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 07, 2011, 10:17:39 PM

/Jim.

Spoken like a true FGer.

The rights or wrongs of the independence of the 26 counties is in the past too. It is a reality.

People with your mindset challenge peacefully by calling people from the 26 who disagree Free Staters, Blueshirts, traitors, West Brits, and those from the North Huns and Castle Catholics. See how many votes that wins you?

People like you are pushing a United Irish Republic further back every day. That is borderline treahery in my books.

Answer the question? Was your freedom "OK" as a cause?? When Britain controlled all 32 counties, was the Tan War a "wrong cause"? It seems you regard some causes OK and some not.

And people with my mindset are wholeheartedly non-partitionist. If you don't believe that much, then maybe you need to re-read my last few posts.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2011, 10:23:00 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 07, 2011, 10:18:54 PM

Has Britain done so? No.

Did the real leaders  ;) apologise?

Of the British Army? Well she is it's real leader, more of a figurehead, but no she hasn't apologised. Though if you mean the leaders of the British Army as in it's Generals etc? Then no, they haven't apologised to their victims in Ireland either. Glad I could clear that up for you.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once