Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Recently, on 2 seperate occasions, I met 2 reps from the Irish Government, MJ Nolan, and Cecilia Keavney.

When I asked them why they allow Shannon airport to be used by the US on their way to Iraq and Afghanistan?

Their answer was simple: "It brings jobs to the Shannon area".

So, if the Irish Government is to be asked what are the benefits in Lizzie coming, we would probably hear the same reply.

As far as i'm concerned, she can come and go. It's the spinless leadership in the Irish Government that are to blame.

I will ignore her visit, and as others have pointed out, Thatcher and Heath have more to answer for.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

armaghniac

I believe that the next British monarch will be helping out with the ceremonies for the termination of Northern Ireland. We are in the twilight of British rule in Ireland, we might like a quick tropical twilight, but this part of the Empire will have a long northern twilight, but it will end all the same. All that is needed is calm in the meantime.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pintsofguinness

Quote from: delboy on June 24, 2010, 11:16:01 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 24, 2010, 09:22:35 PM
Quote from: delboy on June 24, 2010, 01:54:33 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 24, 2010, 11:06:31 AM
Isn't it about time you showed some maturity as a country and see it for what it is a visit from the head of state of another country. You don't have the french/dutch etc getting into a tizzy when the germans come calling.
The Germans own up to their history and most are ashamed of it. When the Brits do the same the queen is welcome.

The serbs played the germans in the world cup the other day, yet during the first world war the serbs had over a quarter of their population wiped out by the germans/austrians (no apologies), they banned their church and luanguage, and the country was carved up, after the war they had to cobble together with a lot of other regions to form yugoslavia. Only in the last few years have the got their independence back.
Did the serbs refuse to take to the pitch, or as a new country (2006) were they able to show the maturity (sadly lacking on here) to put the past where it belongs and move on.

Lets face it if the queen came over dropped to her knees and kissed each of your scabby toes in turn whilst begging forgiveness you'd still be f**king whineging about something.
What are you going on about, no one is talking not playing england in some sport. your post makes no sense.

I dont care either way about the queen what I do care about is the lack of a backbone the Irish government have, whether it be dealing with Israel or England. Pack of cowards.

Im giving you an example in relation to a previous post of a nation that probably has more right to the MOPE title than most and which has shown in one of their first chances to display contempt at another nation that they had the ability to turn the other cheek and  move on (something that i personally think ireland should do), if you haven't the wit to see the parallels or choose not to thats up to you.

You are right about one thing though if you want to express your chagrin it should be at the irish government rather than liz, she won't have asked to come it will have been the other way around.
Who knows maybe this is putting out the feelers for a rejoining of the commonwealth as part of the bigger picture of a UI which you all dream of.
by playing each other in a sport? sure the Irish and English have been doing that for donkey's as have most countries at war with each other  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Zapatista on June 24, 2010, 11:42:20 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on June 24, 2010, 11:28:43 PM
Recently, on 2 seperate occasions, I met 2 reps from the Irish Government, MJ Nolan, and Cecilia Keavney.

When I asked them why they allow Shannon airport to be used by the US on their way to Iraq and Afghanistan?

Their answer was simple: "It brings jobs to the Shannon area".

So, if the Irish Government is to be asked what are the benefits in Lizzie coming, we would probably hear the same reply.

As far as i'm concerned, she can come and go. It's the spinless leadership in the Irish Government that are to blame.

I will ignore her visit, and as others have pointed out, Thatcher and Heath have more to answer for.

I agree completely that the Irish Government are to blame. That's why Cowen makes me sick while the Queen doesn't. The contempt of the victims (which seems to be dodged on this thread as I'm only getting asked for clarification on my posts and my views on other posts) being driven and upheld by the scum in Leinster House is whats is pissing me off. Their failure to take on any nation is support of Irish citizens be it Israel or Britain is disgusting. The Irish people are seen as second class by their own Government.

I could sit and talk about occupation and 800 years of blah blah and the men of 1916 etc. etc. but none of that is important to me, but the behaviour of the Cowards in Brian Cowens Government is treasonous to the Irish people of today.
Exactly how I feel!

pintsofguinness

give her dixie

When Brian Cowen threatened Israel with "Serious Consequenses" during the attacks on the recent Flotilla, what he really meant to say was that Ireland wouldn't vote for Israel in the next Eurovision Song Contest.

Tough talikng Biffo is a scary man indeed................
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Tony Baloney

She'll hardly bother now that all you fellas are going to ignore her!

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre

delboy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 24, 2010, 11:46:17 PM
Quote from: delboy on June 24, 2010, 11:16:01 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 24, 2010, 09:22:35 PM
Quote from: delboy on June 24, 2010, 01:54:33 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 24, 2010, 11:06:31 AM
Isn't it about time you showed some maturity as a country and see it for what it is a visit from the head of state of another country. You don't have the french/dutch etc getting into a tizzy when the germans come calling.
The Germans own up to their history and most are ashamed of it. When the Brits do the same the queen is welcome.

The serbs played the germans in the world cup the other day, yet during the first world war the serbs had over a quarter of their population wiped out by the germans/austrians (no apologies), they banned their church and luanguage, and the country was carved up, after the war they had to cobble together with a lot of other regions to form yugoslavia. Only in the last few years have the got their independence back.
Did the serbs refuse to take to the pitch, or as a new country (2006) were they able to show the maturity (sadly lacking on here) to put the past where it belongs and move on.

Lets face it if the queen came over dropped to her knees and kissed each of your scabby toes in turn whilst begging forgiveness you'd still be f**king whineging about something.
What are you going on about, no one is talking not playing england in some sport. your post makes no sense.

I dont care either way about the queen what I do care about is the lack of a backbone the Irish government have, whether it be dealing with Israel or England. Pack of cowards.

Im giving you an example in relation to a previous post of a nation that probably has more right to the MOPE title than most and which has shown in one of their first chances to display contempt at another nation that they had the ability to turn the other cheek and  move on (something that i personally think ireland should do), if you haven't the wit to see the parallels or choose not to thats up to you.

You are right about one thing though if you want to express your chagrin it should be at the irish government rather than liz, she won't have asked to come it will have been the other way around.
Who knows maybe this is putting out the feelers for a rejoining of the commonwealth as part of the bigger picture of a UI which you all dream of.
by playing each other in a sport? sure the Irish and English have been doing that for donkey's as have most countries at war with each other  ::)

You've choosen to ignore my point about this being one of the first opportunities for serbia to express contempt, and despite your attempt to dismiss what i say its certainly not unique for a country to express contempt for another nation via sporting boycotts such as the olympics (moscow, LA) albeit it childish and wrong in my opinion.

But your point about countries at war playing sporting fixtures :-\ are you sure about that one  ???

Perhaps you can refresh my memory and give me a few examples of countries actively engaged in warfare playing sport against each other, must be tonnes of examples im sure.

Or do you mean countries with grudges playing each other in sports, yes that does happen but then again countries that have reason to have grudges with each other also welcome each others heads of state to their country displaying good grace,
good manners, common courtesy and maturity, which rather brings me back to my original point  ::)

gallsman

While I don't agree with the prospect of a visit, whatever tit on here mentioned Mountbatten is an absolute disgrace.

Whatever you opinion of the provos, or a person's right to take up armed struggle, Mountbatten was a senseless, needless, pointless murder of an old man and family. Some people who try to defend it by pointing out that he was royalty and there for a legitimate target conveniently forget that a 15 year old local boy was blown to bits as well. Shame on you.

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on June 24, 2010, 05:00:14 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 24, 2010, 01:45:23 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on June 24, 2010, 11:49:56 AM
This is along the same lines as Blair inviting Gadaffi to come to London before any apology.

Would the people asking me and others to grow up and move on ask the same of the lockerbie victims? When those victims were asking for an apology (and composation) did certain posters here ask them to grow up and move on?

Brian Cowen makes me sick!

Gadaffi ordered the Lockerbie attack.

Lizzy & Phil haven't the authority to order more than a gin and tonic.

Elderly woman, token head of a collapsed increasingly irrelevant empire, comes to town. That should be the title of this thread.

Thatcher and Heath etc are the ones who have questions to answer and apologies to make. As usual we are world champions of missing the point.

OK then Gadaffi isn't a good comparison but the innocent victims can be compared.

QuoteElderly woman, token head of a collapsed increasingly irrelevant empire, comes to town. That should be the title of this thread

Maybe you can help me here.
The above discription could be applied to the pope. If the Pope was making and unconditional state visit to Ireland would you be telling this to the victims of church abuse?

Same again, the Pope, allegedly, as Cardinal Ratzinger instructed Church Officials to report abuse to Rome, not to local authorities. He is the Executive head of that organisation, just as Gadaffi is the Executive Head of Libya, Lizzy is just a figurehead.
MWWSI 2017

Billys Boots

QuoteCop out.

Except that he's right.  For the same reason that the CEO of BP is responsible, even if he didn't do it himself. Your 'argument' should be with the British PM, several of whom have visited our country, without major issue.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

longrunsthefox

strange thing is that afterwards people will wonder what the fuss was about? We've already had Paisley and McGuiness doing their chuckle brothers act, Sinn Fein endorsing policing, soccer and God Save the Queen in Croke Park and Fermanagh getting to an All Ireland semi-final. Is incredible but the sky didnt fall in.
Havn't said that I still don't agree with it or some other things that have happened but guess we'll have to accept it.   

stephenite

Quote from: Zapatista on June 25, 2010, 10:05:46 AM
Quote from: muppet on June 25, 2010, 09:35:32 AM
Same again, the Pope, allegedly, as Cardinal Ratzinger instructed Church Officials to report abuse to Rome, not to local authorities. He is the Executive head of that organisation, just as Gadaffi is the Executive Head of Libya, Lizzy is just a figurehead.

Cop out.

:D I've been backed into a corner and I know it, so therefore your point is a cop out, even though it's me copping out

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on June 25, 2010, 11:18:25 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on June 25, 2010, 10:37:12 AM
QuoteCop out.

Except that he's right.  For the same reason that the CEO of BP is responsible, even if he didn't do it himself. Your 'argument' should be with the British PM, several of whom have visited our country, without major issue.

The point he makes is right but it ignores the similarities of which I am talking about. You can pick differences all day but it's a cop out. It's only longfingering the question and diguising it as though the question is wrong. You are longfingering it futher. I'm not going to be dragged into that. It does not take much thought to recognise the similarities and the essence of the question.

Look Zap, I respect your position and understand that it is a huge issue with a lot of our 6 county cousins and for good reason, but to me she is just an old woman who spent her life gardening and walking quirky little dogs.
MWWSI 2017